Kumon Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Class Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk8 June 2018
Working at kumon has made me more developed as a person and I understand that working is something to take pride in and that I can work effectively in team and to be able to handle more than one situation at a time whilst maintaining a high quality result.
boring
Marker (Former Employee) –  Southend1 June 2018
The pay is minimum wage, there is practically no way to advance and the job itself is incredibly boring. However they will hire students and young people unlike most companies
rewarding
tutor (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London1 June 2018
rewarding in the sense of helping children
not a lot of money
work along side other people ur age
can be difficult to control the kids but wasn't ever too bad
always busy
MARKING AND RECORDING ASSISTANT, (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire20 May 2018
nice place to start if you are a student who wants a bit of money while studying the job is repetitive and tiresome and you get no breaks as well the pay is really bad overall it is nice place to work
Pros
walking distance from school
Cons
tiresome
Fun workplace
CLASSROOM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Heston11 April 2018
Working with children to help hone their math and english skills is very rewarding. The manager and others who work there are very friendly and help to make the place a positive environment
great expericne
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bath9 April 2018
This job is great for those seeking part-time employment. However, it does not pay well.
This job provides great experience for those seeking employment with a career in the education sector.
Pros
good hours
Cons
poor wages
Intimate and hands on
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Luton5 April 2018
At Kumon there is always something to do as a private tutor. Students are encouraged to enhance their mental maths and proficiency in Literacy skills. The role helps you advance in your explanation skills a great deal as young students always need tailored advice. Overall, brilliant teaching experience!
Pros
only two hours, easy to fit around a busy schedule
Cons
the salary is minimum wage for your age
not the worst but could be better
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Norwood3 April 2018
for a young student it was a good place to work but the pay is minimum wage and its not worth all the work we do when there. they should definitely pay a bit more than what they do
Engaging Workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear21 March 2018
Every Saturday, for 2 and a half hours I attend Kumon, where I assist in marking and recording the pupils' work. It can often be challenging, especially when many children hand in homework to be marked instantly at the same time. Throughout these difficulties, I have learnt the valuable skill of time management and prioritising. The work environment is very friendly, and the management is very good.
Pros
I work alongside my friends
Cons
Salary
great
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Newton Mearns2 March 2018
kumon is a great programme, and helpful to many children. Staff and students are friendly and great to work with. A typical day would consist of aiding and marking students work.
Productive and friendly environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knutsford, Cheshire14 February 2018
The management at Kumon was brilliant. Everyone knew what they were doing and how to do it. If a small issue arose, it would be dealt with immediately. I learnt many skills regarding how to approach children's education.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Often asked to work outside of your agreed hours.
Kumon Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlton12 February 2018
Kumon study centre is a great place to go to help you build work experience and feel the flow of the working environment. Kumon has helped me develop my teamwork skills and develop a more decisive decision making habit.
Good first part time job
assistant (Current Employee) –  Harold Wood, Greater London2 February 2018
Liaising with parents and dealing with children of various abilities. Gave me good inter-personal skills and understanding of a work place. However communications between manager and co- workers in this instance needed much improvement.
Busy environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bromley2 February 2018
Kumon is a very busy work environment full of both students and other teaching assistants. The hardest part of the job is dealing with are the students as you never know what to expect out of them. I really enjoyed working with the students. I learnt to be confident in myself and learnt different ways to deal with probems.
Terrible
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 January 2018
The owners of the branch I worked at were very unprofessional. They talked behind the backs of some employees to other employees and would shout aggressively often.
Friendly and welcome place
Teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire17 January 2018
On a typical day at work I would be checking completed worksheets from children and doing errands for my boss. I've learned how to be patient with other people and children and learnt and how to work as a team.
Pros
fun environment and very friendly.
Cons
office work type.
nice
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley16 January 2018
the people i worked with in bromley were very nice and friendly, they were easy to work with and gave instruction very clearly. big fan of them and the whole company. the pay was very low however
Energetic and fun workplace due to the children.
Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire21 December 2017
I was only 15 so didn't get much responsibility, however being allowed to help children with work was a fun aspect of the job. Unfortunately only 4 hours a week due to only 2 kumon sessions.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Few hours
help the children but no enough money to have it as a full time job.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury13 December 2017
help the children with maths and English. very low pay. need a second job. if money not an issue rewarding helping the kids progress and learn more maths and english.
Fun and welcoming
TUTORING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tilgate6 December 2017
Ideal for students. Excellent management. Friendly staff and well behaved students.

Would have preferred working with an older age range but learnt a lot with the younger children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.