Kumon Employee Review

Fun and welcoming
TUTORING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tilgate6 December 2017
Ideal for students. Excellent management. Friendly staff and well behaved students.

Would have preferred working with an older age range but learnt a lot with the younger children.

Other Kumon Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Ruislip, Greater London1 December 2018
A typical day would consist of me finishing school and starting the job around 4:30 pm, I’d undertake two main jobs. One being tutoring children in either maths or english (depending on what they need help with) whereas the other would be marking the pro paper and working with them to correct anything incorrect.

I learned the art of working with younger children and developed a lot more patience than I originally had. I also learned more about mathematics and English as teaching it helped me create new connections and links with different topics in both maths and English.

The hardest part of the job would the the work life and school life balance, since I was needed by the couple who ran the kumon centre, I was needed right after school and the times I was needed were often cutting very closely to the time that my school had finished, leaving me extremely drained when I had entered the centre.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to teach one of my favourite subjects (maths) and having the freedom to share my knowledge and love of the subject with younger students and helping the develop a new found passion for the subject.
productive, learnt a lot of things
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London27 November 2018
The job role was very productive, motivational and organised. Learnt a lot from these skills and improved them. Learnt how to deal with various different age groups, from kids to adults to teenagers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.