Kumon Pay & Benefits reviews

Great
Part time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Welling, Greater London21 July 2018
good management, and great colleagues however pay is bad and can be as low as 4.50 in certain locations. working with the children is fun but the max amount of time you'll be working is 3 hours twice a week not enough hours
boring
Marker (Former Employee) –  Southend1 June 2018
The pay is minimum wage, there is practically no way to advance and the job itself is incredibly boring. However they will hire students and young people unlike most companies
always busy
MARKING AND RECORDING ASSISTANT, (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire20 May 2018
nice place to start if you are a student who wants a bit of money while studying the job is repetitive and tiresome and you get no breaks as well the pay is really bad overall it is nice place to work
Pros
walking distance from school
Cons
tiresome
Intimate and hands on
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Luton5 April 2018
At Kumon there is always something to do as a private tutor. Students are encouraged to enhance their mental maths and proficiency in Literacy skills. The role helps you advance in your explanation skills a great deal as young students always need tailored advice. Overall, brilliant teaching experience!
Pros
only two hours, easy to fit around a busy schedule
Cons
the salary is minimum wage for your age
not the worst but could be better
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Norwood3 April 2018
for a young student it was a good place to work but the pay is minimum wage and its not worth all the work we do when there. they should definitely pay a bit more than what they do
Engaging Workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear21 March 2018
Every Saturday, for 2 and a half hours I attend Kumon, where I assist in marking and recording the pupils' work. It can often be challenging, especially when many children hand in homework to be marked instantly at the same time. Throughout these difficulties, I have learnt the valuable skill of time management and prioritising. The work environment is very friendly, and the management is very good.
Pros
I work alongside my friends
Cons
Salary
Do not apply here if you need the money. As you can go weeks with out any
Early learning assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire30 November 2017
Horrible atmosphere, poor management, expects a lot for minimum wage. Didn’t see any staff been trained with this excellent training that they brag about in their adverts. Wasn’t payed when the centre was closed due the centre managers own holidays even though you are contacted to amount of hours per week so you can go 3 weeks with out any pay. Also never got payed on time staff not trained in working with children as half the staff are still at school.
Pros
Cons
Atmosphere, No training
Good part time Job
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe9 November 2017
Good to work with children and friendly families. Recording a lot of figures and facts so must be good with detail. Wages not great. Very short hours as 3 hours Mondays and 3 hours Thursdays.
Productive and helpful
Class assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff7 November 2017
Overall I like working here, the work load is not too much and the hours are very convinient. The work is not hard as long as you understand the topic the child is on.
productive
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Harrow & Wealdston Station25 October 2017
I enjoyed working with KUMON and leanr valuable skills that i can use at other places. working with intelligent students and students with disabilities helped me to understand that i need to use different techniques to help each student.
Cons
low salary
Great
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornton Heath, Greater London7 September 2017
Its a great place to start if you looking to go into the education sector int he future. Time goes really fast, most of the time you do not get enough hours as it only lasts around 3 hours two or three days a week.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Short hours
Very good but sometimes wage doesn't feel enough
Kumon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 August 2017
Good work ethic and atmosphere but very busy sometimes and wage doesn't reflect work.
Sometimes work is passed onto the newer employees and can be stressful
Management is very good and friendly
Easy but boring
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury29 July 2017
If you love working with children this is a good place to start, however the pay isn't very much and you only can work a few days a week for a few hours.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Low wage
Enjoyable workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Stanmore, Greater London10 July 2017
It wasn't a boring job as there were many children there who brought laughter to the centre and it was different everyday. I learnt how to communicate with younger children and how one might see things on their level. At times, management was a bit shaky when the centre was busy and I think they struggled with handling certain children or went the wrong way about it, but the majority of the time it was okay. The staff were nice to work with and it made the workplace a nice place to work even though the salary wasn't good. It was a nice stopgap between school and university.
Really good job for someone that is starting
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grays, Essex7 July 2017
worked at kimono from when I was 12 at first volunteering and now 17 and I bought my first phone with the money I earn. Very good boss, it has good hours and good pay
Very fun and producitve workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan6 July 2017
Working at Kumon is friendly and enjoyable as the coworkers and children are all so vibrant. My employer us wonderful and treats me well as helping me where I need it most!
Pros
Free tea/coffee, fair pay and nice work environment
Cons
Not enougb work hours personally. Would've liked to work longer and more days in the week.
Very flexible and enjoyable job on the side.
Tutor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waltham Cross, Essex3 July 2017
Kumon isn't a job which will pay for that brand new car you want, but it's a great way to help those that need it and enjoy yourself whilst doing so. It keeps you alert and in touch with different genres of people and the following generations. The work isn't demanding yet still requires dilligence and commitment and the pay is just a compliment to a very satisfying and intrinsically rewarding job.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 May 2017
Fantastic place to work great employers hours werent too flexible and pay wasnt that great but working hours were very short so job could easily be juggled with another one.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Repetitive, no breaks
Good
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley23 May 2017
4 hours a week
The pay inst amazing but its better than doing a paper round as its more fulfilling for the same weekly allowance
Staff are friendly
Its alright for a teenagers for a first job.
Not recommended
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Romsey6 May 2017
For this job, personally I would recommend for those who are still in school. This job was tiring as there was not much to do in the hours that I worked. For what I did: marking books, updating logs, conversing with parents and giving/helping on questions, I felt as though I was not receiving enough in terms of pay rate. The hours are long and there is not enough work to complete the hours.
Pros
Experience of communication
Cons
Long hours, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.