Kumon Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

Kumon
Teaching Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  South East London, Greater London21 September 2018
this was something i did as voluntary where it was helping children with maths and English. giving them homework to do. the management is very will set. it is a cultural place to work as people from different cultures work as a team.
Friendly Workplace and Environment
Teaching Assistant/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire9 July 2018
The working hours are fixed to two hours twice a week (4hours total) and I would normally go in early to assist in setting up the workspace for the students and parents/guardians. I would sit at the front desk to register all children in and out of class and mark their work as well as paying attention to the room in order to assist students when necessary.
Pros
Lovely Environment
Cons
Few Hours a week
Productive and friendly environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knutsford, Cheshire14 February 2018
The management at Kumon was brilliant. Everyone knew what they were doing and how to do it. If a small issue arose, it would be dealt with immediately. I learnt many skills regarding how to approach children's education.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Often asked to work outside of your agreed hours.
Friendly and welcome place
Teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire17 January 2018
On a typical day at work I would be checking completed worksheets from children and doing errands for my boss. I've learned how to be patient with other people and children and learnt and how to work as a team.
Pros
fun environment and very friendly.
Cons
office work type.
nice
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley16 January 2018
the people i worked with in bromley were very nice and friendly, they were easy to work with and gave instruction very clearly. big fan of them and the whole company. the pay was very low however
help the children but no enough money to have it as a full time job.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury13 December 2017
help the children with maths and English. very low pay. need a second job. if money not an issue rewarding helping the kids progress and learn more maths and english.
Boring
Class Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brigg9 October 2017
Feel like the culture depends on the leadership, if you have a good manger then kimono is great, otherwise its awful. Good for kids who want a bit of money, nothing serious though.
Terrible managers
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 September 2017
The job itself was not bad, but the manager that I had made it hard for me and the other workers to enjoy working there, she was quite passive aggressive, to be quite honest Im not sure how they let someone such as herself near kids, the woman had previously made a child go home crying and has shouted at many parents on many different occasions also the teaching style was not helping, the students did not seem to be learning at all. I quit working their because I didn't not want to be apart of an organisation such as that and the low pay was just the push I needed.
A Learning Experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex10 September 2017
Boss was poor with employee morale and management. Heavily reliant on the boss have a strong understanding of the Math problems involved. Some principles e.g. Not allowing children to use working I found to be detrimental to their learning
Great
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornton Heath, Greater London7 September 2017
Its a great place to start if you looking to go into the education sector int he future. Time goes really fast, most of the time you do not get enough hours as it only lasts around 3 hours two or three days a week.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Short hours
Easy but boring
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury29 July 2017
If you love working with children this is a good place to start, however the pay isn't very much and you only can work a few days a week for a few hours.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Low wage
Fulfilling and positive workplace
teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside7 July 2017
Working at the Bebington Kumon Centre is a fulfilling and rewarding job. As a teaching assistant, I provide help for students of various ages between 4 and 18 years olds studying a mixture of both Maths and English from the most basic level to A-level standard.
The atmosphere in the workplace is always calm and postive and is a lovely place to work in. The manager of the centre is a very capable instructor and is always fair and looks out for both staff and students.
It has allowed me to learn how best to prioritise my responsibilities and manage my time as efficiently as possible.
Being able to help the students gives me a feeling of both achievement and pride is it is great to see each student stretch their abilities and progress through the programme.
It can be difficult during particularly busy classes when there a large numbers of students, lots of class work to mark and correct, lots of homework to be marked and files to be sorted. However, with a strong team of assistants we always work hard to complete as much as possible.
Pros
Flexible days to work
Very fun and producitve workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan6 July 2017
Working at Kumon is friendly and enjoyable as the coworkers and children are all so vibrant. My employer us wonderful and treats me well as helping me where I need it most!
Pros
Free tea/coffee, fair pay and nice work environment
Cons
Not enougb work hours personally. Would've liked to work longer and more days in the week.
Great Team and place to work
Teaching Assistant (Work Experience) (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London5 July 2017
I get to work with young people which is great, the company allows for me to work with a range of leaners and abilities. The management is great and supportive. Hardest part of the job is learning how to identify academic levels.
Pros
Working Hours
Cons
N/a
Really good environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire19 June 2017
I helped mark the kids work , I learned teaching skills , how to work in a team, and lots of information the hardest part of the job was counting all the booklets at different levels that they had but I did it well as i am hardworking
Valuable experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Margarets and North Twickenham5 June 2017
The position provided experience in a public-facing position and helped me to grow in confidence regularly dealing with members of the public and receiving feedback.
Good
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley23 May 2017
4 hours a week
The pay inst amazing but its better than doing a paper round as its more fulfilling for the same weekly allowance
Staff are friendly
Its alright for a teenagers for a first job.
Great job
Teaching Assistant/ Senior Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London11 April 2017
Working for Kumon is quite easy-going, not a lot of stress is involved, simply helping and tutoring children and teens in the areas which they are struggling. Great job for people with a lot of patience and are good at maths and english.
Fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northwood Hills5 April 2017
Typical day at work: marking children's workbooks and organising folders at the end of the day
What I learned: organisation, communication skills, being resourseful
Good working environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire29 March 2017
It has a good working environment but the salary isn't worth he work we do. I have developed good teaching skills from this job and looking forward to starting my own tutoring classes
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.

Kumon Reviews by Location