Kumon Employee Reviews for Teacher

Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kenton, UK13 May 2017
working at kumon i have learnt to be patience while working with younger children. it is a very easy going job which requires you to be helpful. my most enjoyable part of the job was helping the children out with their work and seeing them succeed in certain areas they use to struggle with.
Pros
flexible
Cons
a lot of marking to be done
good
Teaching Assisstant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield12 June 2016
I have gained some good experience as a first job from the kumon company and i have managed to expand my skills and developed a new confidence in the work place.
Fun workplace because of the children
Tuition teacher (Former Employee) –  Malaysia7 April 2016
I have to use the simplest and easier ways to teach the kids and let them easier to understand the classwork and homework. I have learned the way to speaks and guide so that the kids easy to understand. I have to manage most of the kids homework and when they need to submit the works.

The hardest part of this job is that the kids are very naughty, therefore, I have need more passion. The most enjoyable part is because of the kids. They are really cute and so real with the smile.
Intresting
Teaching asisstant (Current Employee) –  Bracknell, ENG11 August 2015
- i learnt something new everyday
- it helped my maths because i was teaching it
- on some day it was challenging on some days
Pros
shorts hours
Cons
Less pay
Great working enviroment
Tuition teacher (Former Employee) –  London, ENG6 July 2015
A nice place of work, especially if you can work well with kids. Through this job I was also to enhance both my work skills and personal skills.
Pros
Motivating environment
Teaching (Former Employee) –  kumon- Beckton & Chadwell Heath;RTG- Seven Kings12 August 2014
I enjoy working at Kumon and RTG. A typical day at Kumon would be me marking the children's' classwork. Then I have to guide them with their mistakes and mark their corrections again. A day at RTG is teaching the children and guiding the children with the work set by my manager.

I have learnt how to communicate with the parents and the children and how important it was to vary my tone to suit the child. I have gained good communication skills and good listening skills which allows me to be patient with others.

I only work 2 hours at Kumon where I work with my co-workers. We share a good relationship and in fact, this relationship has allowed me to speak to my colleagues outside of work.I only work 3 hours at RTG and it's usually me and another graduated teacher or my manager. I share a good bond with my senior staff and my manager.

The hardest part of my job especially with RTG is I never know when I have work until they ring me. Due to this, I have to sit and wait for a call. Also, I receive minimum wage for both RTG and Kumon and it requirres us to go back home, revise the topic before teaching the children. Both RTG and Kumon wants me to carry my work back home in order to prepare for the next lesson.

There are many enjoyable moments at work which includes seeing the children, sharing a bond with them which allows me to care about them and their education, allowing them to trust me. Alsongside the children, I am able to keep a relationship with their parents and this allows me to involve myself more as a teacher but as a well- wisher hoping the best for them.
  more... Teaching children is very lively because I am able to share my knowledge and understanding regarding the topic with others. During my work at Kumon and RTG, I have been able to meet many wonderful colleagues and I am certain that they aren't just my colleagues but my friends too.  less
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Less paid
Tuition classes
Administrator and teacher (Current Employee) –  wathamstow6 September 2013
It is classes based on engllish and maths subjects.
At Kumon, our aim is for each and every child to become an independent, advanced learner, with a positive attitude to study.

This classes having so many branches available and the timing of classis arranged the way accordingly childrenes school..

i am having apportunity that i worked with so many and diffrent cultural children.

i am doing management there like set their work and prepare work for childern for next week, check their worksheets and give them feed back and if necessary give feedback to the parents.
Pros
no bond to work there and freely atmoshere
Cons
short hours

Want to know more about Kumon?

Ask a question