Kumon Employee Reviews for Classroom Assistant

Found 13 reviews matching the search See all 1,677 reviews
Interesting
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester2 August 2018
Their is an option to do Maths and English, both are very beneficial to all children, I believe it helps them with time management, organisation, confidence and in all academic subjects. It is a pleasure working with children and helping them grow academically and individually.
Pros
helping children achieve
Cons
intense
Fun workplace
CLASSROOM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Heston11 April 2018
Working with children to help hone their math and english skills is very rewarding. The manager and others who work there are very friendly and help to make the place a positive environment
not the worst but could be better
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Norwood3 April 2018
for a young student it was a good place to work but the pay is minimum wage and its not worth all the work we do when there. they should definitely pay a bit more than what they do
A good job to get by, but not a friendly environment to work in.
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wokingham17 September 2017
Working as a teaching assistant at Kumon was a good experience to have, I enjoyed working with the children and aiding them learn about maths. However, the team I worked with did not communicate with each other, and the environment was very stiff.
Productive and a Fun Environment
Part Time Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upminster16 July 2017
I really enjoyed the working culture as there were more people who were around my age. I was pleased with the socials we would hold to get to know one another and the social interaction we had with the children.
Productive and fun workplace
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bearsden, East Dunbartonshire3 July 2017
Working at Kumon is a challenge but working with young people is very rewarding for me. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help the children.
Pros
Very friendly people
Cons
Awkward working hours
Productive, Knowledgeable
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stevenage22 May 2017
Very enjoyable interacting with students and learning new things along the way. Lots of self satisfaction when customers (students) progress. Friendly atmosphere, lovely boss, perfect job for any young person!
Interesting
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 April 2017
No day at kumon is ever the same. You must do as told and cannot make your own rules as you are dealing with children. It is important to maintain confidentiality.
Pros
It is a simple job
Cons
low pay
productive
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands26 February 2017
Students must do the work before leaving and their work must be marked. I have learnt that each child has different strengths and it is important to do what they feel comfortable in. The culture in the workplace is very diverse it is important too accept kids of different faiths. The hardest part of the job is to maintain that the kids stay focused. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the kids progress from not knowing to knowing, seeing the impact that kumon has on the kids.
Lovely work environment
Senior Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG13 January 2016
The hardest part of the job is intrinsically linked to the most enjoyable aspect of the job for me. Often, the younger student would get frustrated with their given work and it would be difficult to motivate them, or get them to listen when I tried to explain it to them. However, once this stage was passed and I saw them do their work and beam when they got it correct was the most enjoyable part of the day.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Classroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobham, ENG4 October 2015
Good place to work and rewarding, assisting younger children with their English and Maths. I really enjoyed working here on a part time basis.
productive
classroom assistant (Current Employee) –  levenshulme10 March 2013
A typical day at work at the moment is constant work we dont really take breaks we just have work to do and work threw it at a fast pace.
what i have learn in my current and passed jobs is that what you put in you get back so if you put in 110% youll seek the benefits from it later on.
as for co-workers we have a professional relationship and dont speak in work we get on with are work and rarely find a reason to need to converse with the other , other than on a proffesional basis.
The hardest part of the job i would say is when there are few of us and there is more pressure but we deal with the pressure and use it to motivate are selves to complete the tasks that need doing.
id say the most enjoyable part of the job is the pay the more time and effort you put in you will be happy with the pay you get at the end of the month and then this will help to motivate us for the following month to make us strive to work harder to earn more money , aslong as you try your hardest youll find it very hard to get bored at work .
Pros
hourly pay is good
Cons
not enough hours