Kumon Employee Reviews in Manchester

3.3Job Security & Advancement
Found 6 reviews matching the search See all 1,759 reviews
Laid back yet very productive work environment
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester13 September 2018
Friendly, relaxed working environment but yet very productive! The staff were very accommodating and make you feel like part of the team. Part time job so was perfect while I was on my gap year, HR and the line manager were very understanding of my situation (being a student; balancing studies, etc). Hardest part of the job was dealing with the younger kids, you have to be patient but if you love working with kids this shouldn't be an issue! Considering this was my first proper job it was such a pleasant experience.
Pros
short hours, good staff
Cons
early start on a saturday
Interesting
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester2 August 2018
Their is an option to do Maths and English, both are very beneficial to all children, I believe it helps them with time management, organisation, confidence and in all academic subjects. It is a pleasure working with children and helping them grow academically and individually.
Pros
helping children achieve
Cons
intense
Interesting
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 April 2017
No day at kumon is ever the same. You must do as told and cannot make your own rules as you are dealing with children. It is important to maintain confidentiality.
Pros
It is a simple job
Cons
low pay
not good.
Class Assistant (Former Employee) –  manchester8 August 2016
i get paid very low. its ridiculous. we have to stand and get low pay.
we stand up we cant sit down to help the early learners.

the hour and pay is very short.
Pros
nothing to be honest
Cons
short hours and low pay
No two days are the same
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester30 March 2016
Kumon is keen to improve and develop the product it delivers and it is constantly trying to improve its product and the quality of service it provides to Instructors and customers.

I work with a wide variety of people and need to be flexible and adaptable in my approach to diverse situations.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the Instructors. It is very satisfying to see them work with me in making changes necessary to improve their business. I enjoy the interaction with people who do not always, initially, see that changes in approach can bring rewards, not only to them, but to their students.
Pros
In the main I manage my own time and diary
Cons
Sometimes the amount of travelling I need to do can be a little challenging