Kumon Employee Reviews in London

nice place to work
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2017
slow days, time doesn't really move fast but still able to get some productive work completed. using your own initiative and knowing when to help a child with their work is key.
Tutoring assistant
Assistant Tuition Leader (Former Employee) –  London, Bristol13 June 2017
• Tutoring students aged 4-11 individually and in groups.
• Creating a lesson plans with new and enticing material and organising the lesson timetables for all the students.
• Assisting students in areas of weakness, while providing the appropriate academic guidance.
• Recording all information and data gained from lesson to provide feedback to the tuition leader and parents.
Productive and fun workplace
Head Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Thamesmead4 June 2017
A great place to consider a first job, not too much pressure but still representative of an everyday work experience. Management is good, they regularly check with you and support you to ensure that you are working to the best of your abilities.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 May 2017
Fantastic place to work great employers hours werent too flexible and pay wasnt that great but working hours were very short so job could easily be juggled with another one.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Repetitive, no breaks
Rewarding
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  London7 May 2017
It is rewarding working with kids at Kumon, although at times it can be a little stressful as kids will be kids and sometimes won't cooperate and parents can be tricky too.
great experience
Part Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  London, UK7 March 2017
Being able to work hours around school was great , it was very flexible and also good for learning skills .

good location and easy to get home from
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
not enjoyable workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 February 2017
a typical day at work for me would be to work with 9-10 children meaning that I would work with 3 children at a time and sometimes 4. I would help the children complete maths and English work in timed conditions. I learnt many skills such as communication skills and independent work. The place where I had worked the workplace culture was not great there was a lack of communication and if something went wrong everyone would point fingers at everyone and it was a bit unorganized. the hardest part of the job was to stand for 2 hours, as we were not allowed to sit down, and also getting the children to be in full concentration and complete all the tasks set. the most enjoyable part of the job was to work with different children and get to talk and connect with them.
Pros
short hours (2 hours twice a week)
Cons
no breaks, stand up for 2 hours, not allowed to take hoildays, bad payment
Thrilling and exhilarating workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 October 2016
After having worked at Kumon, I have been able to develop and build on my communication and leadership skills, and work as efficiently as possible in a busy environment routinely. This was a thrilling environment in which my co-workers and management team helped each other, constantly encouraging improvement in my abilities as a teaching assistant.

Over the past few months I have been promoted to various leadership and management roles in a short period of time, such as being the head of the marking and recording table, being in charge of accounting finances, and communicating with parents at the front desk. These various positions have taught me how to adapt to highly stressful situations, use my intuition when needed, and communicate well with my co-workers to allow a steady stream of work to flow.
Pros
Highly rewarding job
Cons
Weekday shifts
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2016
It was a good job at the time, helped me develop good communication skills right after Secondary School.

I learnt how to teach younger children and learnt how to communicate parents.

I learnt leadership skills as I was in charge of my own table and group of children an had to support them with core subjects e.g English and Maths.

It was a pleasant place to work.
Amazing and self rewarding
Tutor Assistant (Former Employee) –  London2 August 2016
I got this job as a part time role as I was completing my A levels. I loved it as it was very satisfying and rewarding, knowing that I was able to help others better their education.
Nice environment but no hope for salary raises
Part Time Tutor (Former Employee) –  London26 July 2016
Very friendly staff and children. Everything is managed well however you have no hope for a pay rise, despite being promised so when taking the job.
Pros
Friendly children
Cons
Low pay and no raises
Very Interactive and enjoyable
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 June 2016
No matter how long the day had been, entering this work placement always made me happy. Surrounded by friendly coo-workers always made me feel at home.

As I was normally one of the first to arrive, I start my shift as a receptionist, which consists of parent enquiries and handling payments. Then I move to my assigned job, teaching young individual Maths and English.

Learnt how to communicate with different individuals, such as the manager, colleagues, parents and of course the children. Also, how to work as a team and individually, managing children.
Most of all how to multitask. I was given the opportunity to learn every role at the placement, therefore was ready to jump from one role to another at any time if needed.

The hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job was the teaching. I love Maths and I love teaching it and the feeling you get once the child understands is fulfilling. But, if they are tired they are not willing to pay attention so a different style method of teaching needs to be used in order to help them finish their work, which can get a little difficult.

The work placement can sometimes get tiring but interacting with the children and teaching them new things everyday makes it all worth it, and that is the reason why I loved working at Kumon,
Pros
Excellent pay
Porductive workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  London12 February 2016
This was my hardest work experience up to date. The shifts were 9-5 with no more than an hour break daily. The interaction with co-workers was very minimal as everyone was usually deep into work.
I actually enjoyed the hard work though. There was a huge sense of accomplishment every time I managed to get a new task completed and I truly enjoyed the pressure I experienced trying to meet deadlines on a day-to-day basis.
Kumon
Part-Time Tutor (Former Employee) –  London20 January 2016
The job consisted of tutoring up to 6 children aged 3-15 in Maths and English.
It reinforced my literacy and numeracy skills, and focused largely on convey new methods to learning.
Lovely work environment
Senior Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG13 January 2016
The hardest part of the job is intrinsically linked to the most enjoyable aspect of the job for me. Often, the younger student would get frustrated with their given work and it would be difficult to motivate them, or get them to listen when I tried to explain it to them. However, once this stage was passed and I saw them do their work and beam when they got it correct was the most enjoyable part of the day.
Fun workplace and productive
Class assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 August 2015
Teaching children of all ages is fun and rewarding.
Organisation skills are greatly improved as well as admin and communication.
Good experience
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London19 August 2015
I enjoyed working as a teaching assistant during the time I stayed at Kumon. The work environment was a great experience to learn and develop skills and the people there fun to be around.

I was teaching Maths and English to children in Kumon tuition centre. Having a number of responsibilities including planning lessons, marking and learning from colleagues, increased my pressure but allowed me to adapt quicker. Teaching from a broad range of students from key stage 1 to 4, I became accustom to the demands of different students based on their age and any special needs they had.
During the last two years spent teaching at Kumon, I was fortunate enough to see students’ academically progress, which filled me with genuine happiness.
Fun and face pace environement
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ENG16 July 2015
The children make the place lively and it is very rewarding to see how intelligent the children are. In addition the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to sit with the children and help them understand where they have gone wrong. My co-workers are really friendly.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Great working enviroment
Tuition teacher (Former Employee) –  London, ENG6 July 2015
A nice place of work, especially if you can work well with kids. Through this job I was also to enhance both my work skills and personal skills.
Pros
Motivating environment
productive
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG7 June 2015
Kumon hours are generally two hours a day in which you observe students learning and mark and record their work, giving feedback when necessary.
Co workers are generally a friendly bunch however there isn't much time to communicate with each other as silence is promoted
Pros
Two hours a day, only two days a week
Cons
Sometimes students forget work and it is difficult to find them new work to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2