Kumon Employee Reviews in London

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 1,759 reviews
productive, learnt a lot of things
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London27 November 2018
The job role was very productive, motivational and organised. Learnt a lot from these skills and improved them. Learnt how to deal with various different age groups, from kids to adults to teenagers.
Kumon
Teaching Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  South East London, Greater London21 September 2018
this was something i did as voluntary where it was helping children with maths and English. giving them homework to do. the management is very will set. it is a cultural place to work as people from different cultures work as a team.
easy and flexible
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 July 2018
I worked for two hours a week which was great. I helped children with English and maths. I learnt how to communicate effectively and how to work well within a given time frame.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  London12 July 2018
It was my job to help put the children with their work by explaining and correcting the answers as showing them methods to work the questions out, here I mainly learned to be patient as well as developing my communication.
Terrible
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 January 2018
The owners of the branch I worked at were very unprofessional. They talked behind the backs of some employees to other employees and would shout aggressively often.
Primary school tutoring. Volunteering
Educational Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  London14 November 2017
I was made to mark the students' papers most of the time but when I wasn't. I was placed on the desks where I privately tutored the different students. I was able to gain the experience of working with the primary school children.
Pros
The children
Terrible managers
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 September 2017
The job itself was not bad, but the manager that I had made it hard for me and the other workers to enjoy working there, she was quite passive aggressive, to be quite honest Im not sure how they let someone such as herself near kids, the woman had previously made a child go home crying and has shouted at many parents on many different occasions also the teaching style was not helping, the students did not seem to be learning at all. I quit working their because I didn't not want to be apart of an organisation such as that and the low pay was just the push I needed.
nice place to work
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2017
slow days, time doesn't really move fast but still able to get some productive work completed. using your own initiative and knowing when to help a child with their work is key.
Really good
Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clements Road, London IG1 1EA3 July 2017
A typical day at work would be collecting the students from the door and seating them on their specific table sorted out by age. The children then would get on with their work and call if they need any help and call when they've finished. WI then check their answers and make them correct their mistakes and then add it to their review book. From time to time assessments are given to see a student's progress. Feedback is then given to parents showing them what marks they got in their work and how they are doing. Hardest part of the job was marking everyone's work as it had to be done quickly since two people are allocated to a minimum of 10 kids so time must be given to all 12 kids. Most enjoyable part is actually spending time with the kids and getting to know them.
Pros
Quality time with the kids
Cons
Sometimes you get more than 10 kids
Tutoring assistant
Assistant Tuition Leader (Former Employee) –  London, Bristol13 June 2017
• Tutoring students aged 4-11 individually and in groups.
• Creating a lesson plans with new and enticing material and organising the lesson timetables for all the students.
• Assisting students in areas of weakness, while providing the appropriate academic guidance.
• Recording all information and data gained from lesson to provide feedback to the tuition leader and parents.
Productive and fun workplace
Head Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Thamesmead4 June 2017
A great place to consider a first job, not too much pressure but still representative of an everyday work experience. Management is good, they regularly check with you and support you to ensure that you are working to the best of your abilities.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 May 2017
Fantastic place to work great employers hours werent too flexible and pay wasnt that great but working hours were very short so job could easily be juggled with another one.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Repetitive, no breaks
Rewarding
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  London7 May 2017
It is rewarding working with kids at Kumon, although at times it can be a little stressful as kids will be kids and sometimes won't cooperate and parents can be tricky too.
great experience
Part Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  London, UK7 March 2017
Being able to work hours around school was great , it was very flexible and also good for learning skills .

good location and easy to get home from
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
not enjoyable workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 February 2017
a typical day at work for me would be to work with 9-10 children meaning that I would work with 3 children at a time and sometimes 4. I would help the children complete maths and English work in timed conditions. I learnt many skills such as communication skills and independent work. The place where I had worked the workplace culture was not great there was a lack of communication and if something went wrong everyone would point fingers at everyone and it was a bit unorganized. the hardest part of the job was to stand for 2 hours, as we were not allowed to sit down, and also getting the children to be in full concentration and complete all the tasks set. the most enjoyable part of the job was to work with different children and get to talk and connect with them.
Pros
short hours (2 hours twice a week)
Cons
no breaks, stand up for 2 hours, not allowed to take hoildays, bad payment
Thrilling and exhilarating workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 October 2016
After having worked at Kumon, I have been able to develop and build on my communication and leadership skills, and work as efficiently as possible in a busy environment routinely. This was a thrilling environment in which my co-workers and management team helped each other, constantly encouraging improvement in my abilities as a teaching assistant.

Over the past few months I have been promoted to various leadership and management roles in a short period of time, such as being the head of the marking and recording table, being in charge of accounting finances, and communicating with parents at the front desk. These various positions have taught me how to adapt to highly stressful situations, use my intuition when needed, and communicate well with my co-workers to allow a steady stream of work to flow.
Pros
Highly rewarding job
Cons
Weekday shifts
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2016
It was a good job at the time, helped me develop good communication skills right after Secondary School.

I learnt how to teach younger children and learnt how to communicate parents.

I learnt leadership skills as I was in charge of my own table and group of children an had to support them with core subjects e.g English and Maths.

It was a pleasant place to work.
Amazing and self rewarding
Tutor Assistant (Former Employee) –  London2 August 2016
I got this job as a part time role as I was completing my A levels. I loved it as it was very satisfying and rewarding, knowing that I was able to help others better their education.
Nice environment but no hope for salary raises
Part Time Tutor (Former Employee) –  London26 July 2016
Very friendly staff and children. Everything is managed well however you have no hope for a pay rise, despite being promised so when taking the job.
Pros
Friendly children
Cons
Low pay and no raises
Very Interactive and enjoyable
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 June 2016
No matter how long the day had been, entering this work placement always made me happy. Surrounded by friendly coo-workers always made me feel at home.

As I was normally one of the first to arrive, I start my shift as a receptionist, which consists of parent enquiries and handling payments. Then I move to my assigned job, teaching young individual Maths and English.

Learnt how to communicate with different individuals, such as the manager, colleagues, parents and of course the children. Also, how to work as a team and individually, managing children.
Most of all how to multitask. I was given the opportunity to learn every role at the placement, therefore was ready to jump from one role to another at any time if needed.

The hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job was the teaching. I love Maths and I love teaching it and the feeling you get once the child understands is fulfilling. But, if they are tired they are not willing to pay attention so a different style method of teaching needs to be used in order to help them finish their work, which can get a little difficult.

The work placement can sometimes get tiring but interacting with the children and teaching them new things everyday makes it all worth it, and that is the reason why I loved working at Kumon,
Pros
Excellent pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.