Kumon Employee Reviews in Cardiff

Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Found 2 reviews matching the search See all 1,332 reviews
Productive and comfortable workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff23 May 2016
The Kumon centre is open Monday's and Wednesday's, which is very practical as it is local for me as well as having reasonable and manageable hours. A usual day would consist of students bringing in completed work they have done at home and then we would provide new work for them to complete one in the centre as well as more for them to take home and complete again. Having them complete work in the centre is very beneficial for us to see their progress and also allows us the chance to help them when and if they need it.

Through working in such an environment I have learnt to adapt to busy periods and handling with several people at a time whilst offering the best possible help. Our team has a variety of ages which in fact compliments each other as we can work with specific ages that are suitable for ourselves. We all work well as a team, which has further developed my skills with working with others.

The hardest part of this job is time management as it is very easy to get behind on marking and updating homework. However, through my experience of working here for a while, I have been able to manage my time better which means I can complete work on time as well as to a high standard.

The most enjoyable and rewarding part of this job is seeing how the students develop. I have been able to see the gradual progression of certain students and in particular those with learning difficulties. In addition, the growth in confidence the students have from coming to this centre is very rewarding as usually when they start the programme they find it hard to communicate and are
  more... extremely shy. However, they soon warm to the assistants and are then able to freely ask for help, which not only improves the experience for us working their but also for the students who come.  less
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Average pay