Kumon Employee Reviews

Teacher (Former Employee) –  London12 July 2018
It was my job to help put the children with their work by explaining and correcting the answers as showing them methods to work the questions out, here I mainly learned to be patient as well as developing my communication.
Friendly Workplace and Environment
Teaching Assistant/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire9 July 2018
The working hours are fixed to two hours twice a week (4hours total) and I would normally go in early to assist in setting up the workspace for the students and parents/guardians. I would sit at the front desk to register all children in and out of class and mark their work as well as paying attention to the room in order to assist students when necessary.
Pros
Lovely Environment
Cons
Few Hours a week
Educational workplace
Kumon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Surrey5 July 2018
This workplace was very educational and it helped me be comfortable with all kinds of people because I had to deal with kids of all ages and I had to learn deal with different people.
fun workplace
Class Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe2 July 2018
loved working at kumon great place to teach young kids with maths and English, lots of fun, kind staff and manager. pay was very good as well but hours are very short other than that a great job!
Pros
good wage
Cons
short hours
Very good
Assist private tutor (Former Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk29 June 2018
providing an opportunity to work with a variety of people and improve basic skills. The hardest part was quickly marketing homework for children to take home and fix their mistakes
A great place to gain experience.
English and Maths Tutor (Former Employee) –  St. Margarets and North Twickenham21 June 2018
If you are new to working and are looking for a part-time job, this is a great pace to start. The pay is not great but the working environment is quite relaxed. However, this does mean that shifts/hours go by slowly.
Pros
Calm working environment
Cons
Low pay and limited hours
Fun and Motivated
Assistant Tutor (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton21 June 2018
A typical day at work would consist of coming in and marking the students work and also having them read a section of a book to you. i learned that students are very good at understanding. The hardest part was getting the students work marked on time as there was so much to do and not enough staff to handle all the work. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the children and making their education fun and engage the students to want to learn.
Pros
Teaching the students
Cons
Little pay
keeps you on your toes
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chingford12 June 2018
I learned how to establish command while maintaining a friendly environment with the children I was teaching. There was always some banter between the tutors which was a nice release from the younger kids. It was very rewarding being able to teach children.
Fun workplace
Class Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk8 June 2018
Working at kumon has made me more developed as a person and I understand that working is something to take pride in and that I can work effectively in team and to be able to handle more than one situation at a time whilst maintaining a high quality result.
boring
Marker (Former Employee) –  Southend1 June 2018
The pay is minimum wage, there is practically no way to advance and the job itself is incredibly boring. However they will hire students and young people unlike most companies
rewarding
tutor (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London1 June 2018
rewarding in the sense of helping children
not a lot of money
work along side other people ur age
can be difficult to control the kids but wasn't ever too bad
always busy
MARKING AND RECORDING ASSISTANT, (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire20 May 2018
nice place to start if you are a student who wants a bit of money while studying the job is repetitive and tiresome and you get no breaks as well the pay is really bad overall it is nice place to work
Pros
walking distance from school
Cons
tiresome
Fun workplace
CLASSROOM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Heston11 April 2018
Working with children to help hone their math and english skills is very rewarding. The manager and others who work there are very friendly and help to make the place a positive environment
great expericne
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bath9 April 2018
This job is great for those seeking part-time employment. However, it does not pay well.
This job provides great experience for those seeking employment with a career in the education sector.
Pros
good hours
Cons
poor wages
Intimate and hands on
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Luton5 April 2018
At Kumon there is always something to do as a private tutor. Students are encouraged to enhance their mental maths and proficiency in Literacy skills. The role helps you advance in your explanation skills a great deal as young students always need tailored advice. Overall, brilliant teaching experience!
Pros
only two hours, easy to fit around a busy schedule
Cons
the salary is minimum wage for your age
not the worst but could be better
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Norwood3 April 2018
for a young student it was a good place to work but the pay is minimum wage and its not worth all the work we do when there. they should definitely pay a bit more than what they do
Engaging Workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear21 March 2018
Every Saturday, for 2 and a half hours I attend Kumon, where I assist in marking and recording the pupils' work. It can often be challenging, especially when many children hand in homework to be marked instantly at the same time. Throughout these difficulties, I have learnt the valuable skill of time management and prioritising. The work environment is very friendly, and the management is very good.
Pros
I work alongside my friends
Cons
Salary
great
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Newton Mearns2 March 2018
kumon is a great programme, and helpful to many children. Staff and students are friendly and great to work with. A typical day would consist of aiding and marking students work.
Productive and friendly environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knutsford, Cheshire14 February 2018
The management at Kumon was brilliant. Everyone knew what they were doing and how to do it. If a small issue arose, it would be dealt with immediately. I learnt many skills regarding how to approach children's education.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Often asked to work outside of your agreed hours.
Kumon Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlton12 February 2018
Kumon study centre is a great place to go to help you build work experience and feel the flow of the working environment. Kumon has helped me develop my teamwork skills and develop a more decisive decision making habit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.