Kumon Employee Reviews

not my thing
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pound Hill17 October 2018
i hated working here as the staff were often unfriendly and boring however if you like maths and english you would likely enjoy working here as there is lots of ways you can help the kids improve
nice people
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobham10 October 2018
it is a good place to work if you are a teenager just getting started to work, the pay is quite low though and you have to pay attention because there are quite a lot of details to the job
Great learning experience
Assistant Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cumbernauld8 October 2018
Overall working in Kumon helps reinforce your teaching skills and interaction with little childrens, however the pay is not desirable whatsoever. Don't recommend for working as a permanent job or a part time if you are looking for good pay
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Low Pay
Fun but different workplace
Personal Tutor (Former Employee) –  Orpington4 October 2018
It was a rewarding job seeing young students I tutored get into their desired schools etc. however the job was quite low paying due to my age and school position.

Only working 2 hour shifts twice a week after school meant that I didn't work long hours, and it was very enjoyable as I had a couple of friends who did the same job with me.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
low pay
Productive and friendly place
Kumon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mirfield, West Yorkshire2 October 2018
Working at Kumon was very enlightening and would cheer up my day after sixth form. The children were very friendly and I would love to help them with their work. It was amazing to see how the kids would progress every week, and giving feedback to parents was one of my regular responsibilities.
Pros
Seeing Friendly faces
Cons
Tiring after sixth form
busy workplace
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 September 2018
Dealing with parents and children on a daily basis. Assisting children with their work, marking and recording. Providing parents with feedback and any enquiries they have.
Pros
friendly workplace
Cons
too busy
Kumon
Teaching Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  South East London, Greater London21 September 2018
this was something i did as voluntary where it was helping children with maths and English. giving them homework to do. the management is very will set. it is a cultural place to work as people from different cultures work as a team.
Laid back yet very productive work environment
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester13 September 2018
Friendly, relaxed working environment but yet very productive! The staff were very accommodating and make you feel like part of the team. Part time job so was perfect while I was on my gap year, HR and the line manager were very understanding of my situation (being a student; balancing studies, etc). Hardest part of the job was dealing with the younger kids, you have to be patient but if you love working with kids this shouldn't be an issue! Considering this was my first proper job it was such a pleasant experience.
Pros
short hours, good staff
Cons
early start on a saturday
time pressured
Part-time Employee (Former Employee) –  New Malden30 August 2018
this was a comfortable place to work, however, it was repetitive and we were underpaid.
Organised and marked English and Maths papers for various age groups (9-11 years) and adhered to deadline and timetabling schedules.
Boring and strict
Tutor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex28 August 2018
Working 3 hours after a full day of school where I had to mark even more work was torture. Our boss wouldn't let us talk even in a whisper and so I just felt like I was wasting my afternoons. Never actually received a pay slip so I'm not 100% sure I was even payed.
Pros
Sat down the whole time
Cons
Boring, no talking
Good part-time job
Tutoring Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxted, Surrey6 August 2018
Although I would've preferred the pay to be slightly higher, it was a good part-time job which worked around school and had a nice relaxing atmosphere.
Interesting
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester2 August 2018
Their is an option to do Maths and English, both are very beneficial to all children, I believe it helps them with time management, organisation, confidence and in all academic subjects. It is a pleasure working with children and helping them grow academically and individually.
Pros
helping children achieve
Cons
intense
Great
Part time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Welling, Greater London21 July 2018
good management, and great colleagues however pay is bad and can be as low as 4.50 in certain locations. working with the children is fun but the max amount of time you'll be working is 3 hours twice a week not enough hours
easy and flexible
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 July 2018
I worked for two hours a week which was great. I helped children with English and maths. I learnt how to communicate effectively and how to work well within a given time frame.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  London12 July 2018
It was my job to help put the children with their work by explaining and correcting the answers as showing them methods to work the questions out, here I mainly learned to be patient as well as developing my communication.
Friendly Workplace and Environment
Teaching Assistant/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire9 July 2018
The working hours are fixed to two hours twice a week (4hours total) and I would normally go in early to assist in setting up the workspace for the students and parents/guardians. I would sit at the front desk to register all children in and out of class and mark their work as well as paying attention to the room in order to assist students when necessary.
Pros
Lovely Environment
Cons
Few Hours a week
Educational workplace
Kumon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Surrey5 July 2018
This workplace was very educational and it helped me be comfortable with all kinds of people because I had to deal with kids of all ages and I had to learn deal with different people.
fun workplace
Class Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe2 July 2018
loved working at kumon great place to teach young kids with maths and English, lots of fun, kind staff and manager. pay was very good as well but hours are very short other than that a great job!
Pros
good wage
Cons
short hours
Very good
Assist private tutor (Former Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk29 June 2018
providing an opportunity to work with a variety of people and improve basic skills. The hardest part was quickly marketing homework for children to take home and fix their mistakes
A great place to gain experience.
English and Maths Tutor (Former Employee) –  St. Margarets and North Twickenham21 June 2018
If you are new to working and are looking for a part-time job, this is a great pace to start. The pay is not great but the working environment is quite relaxed. However, this does mean that shifts/hours go by slowly.
Pros
Calm working environment
Cons
Low pay and limited hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.