Kumon

Kumon Employee Reviews

United Kingdom328 reviews
Alright as a first job for a teenager
It gave me a foundation as to what the working world would be like and helped to prepare me for my next job. However,
I would only recommend it to teenagers that are looking for a “weekend job” or to someone who is looking for short, flexible hours or as extra pocket money.
Mark students work on a daily basis.
Give students feedback on how to improve their work.

Develop my communication and time management skills.

Enjoyable because it’s quite relaxing
Good to help younger students
Marking Maths and English work at basic levels

Recording marks in a book

Calm working environment to help children

Hardest part - reading some children's handwriting

Enjoyable part - helping children with Maths
Excellent first job
Working at Kumon allowed me to develop skills that I still use in daily work and study, and allowed me to progress in my work there. Starting as an English assistant I quickly picked up the skills to assist with the management of the centre which encouraged me to continue working for Kumon as I was able to see more of each child's progression.
Builds on Communication Skills
Kumon was a great place to work to build on communication with children and their parents. You always came across having to answer questions asked by parents and talk about how their child is coping with the work. It was quite a fun place to work overall.
Very fast paced, good if you enjoy working with children.
Very fast paced during busy periods, boring at times. A good job while studying as there was not a lot of hours, but if you are looking for something that will give you more money, etc.
Fun and Productive
Enjoyed working there. Nice boss and easy relaxing work with hours to suit students. Reasonable pay for age I worked there and didn't feel pressure or stress i have felt at similar jobs.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Slightly low pay
good job with young children at home
Hard work and evenings included
Enjoyable and eduactional.

Finding staff can be a challenge.

Awards ceremonies always very exciting

Lots of training to do before starting
Was excellent overall.
Was made to feel very comfortable, was a fair employer. Couldn’t fault the people who work there, all lovely.Was very good working with the children it helps you get experience with difficult children as I was on the young Leaners. Would highly recommend
Pros
Cons
No cons
Poor
Working with children with multiple learning difficulties is a personally rewarding and enjoyable experience on may levels.
However, they pay, treatment and management I received did not match this.
productive
A typical day at work would mainly include a lot of marking, updating and dating. Also signing in and out the students as well as dealing with parents queries. I have learned to handle with some students who have behavioural and learning disability. The most rewarding part of the job was to be able to guide students with their work and be able to see them get the best results they could achieve.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not enough hours
Good part-time work
I always found the job of working with children rewarding, even if the pay wasn't spectacular. I met some excellent colleagues and enjoyed seeing both the children and parents every week, and feeling like you were helping the children grow as learners.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Poor salary
Fun and interactive, fast paced workplace
The day would last around 3 hours. I learnt good organisation and communication skills due to having to file students work and dealing with parents. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the children and seeing them enjoy their work.
Productive but can be stressful
4 hours a week really doesn't take much off your social life and revision time. I would recommend working here as it's not a competitive salary, you work around 16 hours a week for around £70 a month which is decent.
Good for a first job
Pay was very low, so I'd recommend this as a casual job to go alongside school. It's not too many hours per week at all, so you can focus on your studies.
A typical day at work
I used to go to work after sixth form on a Tuesday afternoon and on Saturday mornings. The general day would usually include setting up, organizing folders, marking and recording pupils work, aiding them with their work and tidying up at the end.
Productive work place
Great place to work, other staff members were friendly and welcoming, Interesting experience. The owner of Kumon was also friendly and helped with settling in.
Pros
Welcoming team
Cons
Pay
poor pay but fun
I worked for two hours so time mangament was not hard,also learnt patience and how to work with children.i gained communication skills and learned to listen and teach
Good for students
As a student it was a good job to manage my schedule around. It was also relit I rly easy to get into as it does not require a lot of skills. You just have to be aware to be alert at all times especially due to working with children
Short hours.
My experience at Kumon was challenging because I had to learn how to communicate with younger children and help them complete their work within a time limit.
Terrible place to work
Staff were rude, inconsiderate and gave no notice of when they wanted me to stop working there just said they wanted to save costs and will call me only when they need me.
Pros
Nothing good about it at all
Cons
Rude staff, stressful, extremely low pay and often nothing to do but mark papers.