Kumon Employee Reviews

great expericne
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bath9 April 2018
This job is great for those seeking part-time employment. However, it does not pay well.
This job provides great experience for those seeking employment with a career in the education sector.
Pros
good hours
Cons
poor wages
Intimate and hands on
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Luton5 April 2018
At Kumon there is always something to do as a private tutor. Students are encouraged to enhance their mental maths and proficiency in Literacy skills. The role helps you advance in your explanation skills a great deal as young students always need tailored advice. Overall, brilliant teaching experience!
Pros
only two hours, easy to fit around a busy schedule
Cons
the salary is minimum wage for your age
not the worst but could be better
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Norwood3 April 2018
for a young student it was a good place to work but the pay is minimum wage and its not worth all the work we do when there. they should definitely pay a bit more than what they do
Engaging Workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear21 March 2018
Every Saturday, for 2 and a half hours I attend Kumon, where I assist in marking and recording the pupils' work. It can often be challenging, especially when many children hand in homework to be marked instantly at the same time. Throughout these difficulties, I have learnt the valuable skill of time management and prioritising. The work environment is very friendly, and the management is very good.
Pros
I work alongside my friends
Cons
Salary
great
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Newton Mearns2 March 2018
kumon is a great programme, and helpful to many children. Staff and students are friendly and great to work with. A typical day would consist of aiding and marking students work.
Productive and friendly environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knutsford, Cheshire14 February 2018
The management at Kumon was brilliant. Everyone knew what they were doing and how to do it. If a small issue arose, it would be dealt with immediately. I learnt many skills regarding how to approach children's education.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Often asked to work outside of your agreed hours.
Busy environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bromley2 February 2018
Kumon is a very busy work environment full of both students and other teaching assistants. The hardest part of the job is dealing with are the students as you never know what to expect out of them. I really enjoyed working with the students. I learnt to be confident in myself and learnt different ways to deal with probems.
nice
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley16 January 2018
the people i worked with in bromley were very nice and friendly, they were easy to work with and gave instruction very clearly. big fan of them and the whole company. the pay was very low however
help the children but no enough money to have it as a full time job.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury13 December 2017
help the children with maths and English. very low pay. need a second job. if money not an issue rewarding helping the kids progress and learn more maths and english.
Fun and welcoming
TUTORING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tilgate6 December 2017
Ideal for students. Excellent management. Friendly staff and well behaved students.

Would have preferred working with an older age range but learnt a lot with the younger children.
Do not apply here if you need the money. As you can go weeks with out any
Early learning assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire30 November 2017
Horrible atmosphere, poor management, expects a lot for minimum wage. Didn’t see any staff been trained with this excellent training that they brag about in their adverts. Wasn’t payed when the centre was closed due the centre managers own holidays even though you are contacted to amount of hours per week so you can go 3 weeks with out any pay. Also never got payed on time staff not trained in working with children as half the staff are still at school.
Pros
Cons
Atmosphere, No training
nice working environment
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham11 November 2017
I currently work at a Kumon centre where I have the responsibility of sorting out children's work and marking it. It is a lovely working environment and would recommend it to any young people who are looking for a part time job. I found this job very convenient during my A levels as it never clashed with exam season and management was always lenient if had to take a day off for an exam.
Perfect first job
Assistant Tutor (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex1 November 2017
Works around getting an education, not too time consuming. Very hectic but enjoyable, and very chilled management style. Would recommend for students not full time employment.
Pros
Fits in around school
Cons
Not very good pay
Not the Best.
Instructor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croesyceiliog, UK15 October 2017
Working at kumon was relatively easy and next to no hassle. But, the work was extremely boring and i found my colleagues to be very unsociable and therefore difficult to work with.
Boring
Class Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brigg9 October 2017
Feel like the culture depends on the leadership, if you have a good manger then kimono is great, otherwise its awful. Good for kids who want a bit of money, nothing serious though.
what i learnt
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool20 September 2017
I enjoyed the job role of working with children and being able to not only teach but inspire these young minds.Working with children also allowed me to learn the importance of creating a positive work environment and work effectively and efficiently with other colleagues.
A good job to get by, but not a friendly environment to work in.
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wokingham17 September 2017
Working as a teaching assistant at Kumon was a good experience to have, I enjoyed working with the children and aiding them learn about maths. However, the team I worked with did not communicate with each other, and the environment was very stiff.
Great
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornton Heath, Greater London7 September 2017
Its a great place to start if you looking to go into the education sector int he future. Time goes really fast, most of the time you do not get enough hours as it only lasts around 3 hours two or three days a week.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Short hours
Flexible and good experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Willesden Green4 September 2017
A great place to work when starting in the tutoring industry. As most centres are open twice a week it is easy to fit working here into a busy schedule. I am very lucky to have a great boss who is very supportive, furthermore I enjoy working with the children and seeing them progress.
nice place to work
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2017
slow days, time doesn't really move fast but still able to get some productive work completed. using your own initiative and knowing when to help a child with their work is key.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.