Kuehne + Nagel
Coronavirus update
Information from Kuehne + Nagel:

Kuehne + Nagel Employee Reviews

United Kingdom439 reviews
Kuehne + Nagel offer a wide range of roles and development opportunities across their sites/contracts within the UK as well as globally.
They have a robust management structure in place to ensure that each sector and their respective customers receive the bespoke service required.

Employees are given access to a variety of both mandatory and voluntary training which is great for anyone who wants develop themselves and better their work life.
The colleague were very proffesional and also down to earth always interested in how I was getting along
Nice place to work .

I looked forward to going to work every day
Pros
Everyone was positive and thorough always there to encourage
Cons
None i experienced a positive working environment
Worked at Foston warehouse via an agency and I can’t express how well run the place was and how brilliantly you are trained. The warehouse controller is on the boil and everyone on my shift (last shift was 10pm till 6am tonight 5th June)

Everyone on the shift acted as a team and went out of their way to help me when they saw me falling behind or struggling and I would work there at a drop of a hat
Good company to work for be your own boss when your out and about, delivery chilled/frozen foods in temperature controlled lorries (18/26 tons).
8/12 drops per day with a support system in place if you get into any problems on the road/route.

Health & Safety at all time one way system for lorries.

Uniform supplied after 3 months probation and a welcome pack.

Unfortunate that the union is on the weak side and dose not really listen to its workers other than that, if you don't mind hard work you enjoy it.
Pros
Good Salary, Support Team, Pre-loaded Lorries
Cons
Long Hours with or without drivers mate, Weak Union. Unload lorry end of day
Management obsessed with targets when it is not even necessary. You are asked the impossible in minus 40 freezer and in that cold it is exhausting. Managers don't understand what they are asking as they have never done it, and indeed could never do what they ask.
Only skinny people work there, unless managers.
It is difficult to describe a typical day. One day you could be dealing with a significant incident the next looking at the performance of sites against policy. No 2 days were the same. The role was interesting and the results achieved over the years are excellent.
Pros
Great team
Cons
A typical day at work for a picker/packer involves packing stock, shifting boxes etc. Can be hard physical labour but doable work. Work environment is okay.
It was a great place to work, the team I worked with was what made it a great environment. The management however were against us not with us, some bullying from certain management was common practice, so a back bone and voice are key for anyone who is going to work full time. The agency workers are treated so poorly. Management has changed now I believe,so the culture may be better.
I never recommend at anyone to work there the managers want from you the impossible and they no offer nothing,they don't care about worker's ,all the time people's comeing work 3,4 days and after start to find something else.
I don't really know much about other sites, I can only say that where I work, integrity, intellectual competence and outstanding personality are missing in most levels of management. The result of this is superiors are manipulative, ensuring those who may be better qualified for positions are ignored and denied every opportunity to fulfil their potentials.
The leadership is such that encourages making more followers rather than leaders, which is where I have issues with the organisation. the organisation / management are limited and restrictive in their staff development goals. The idea that anyone who is ambitious and not loyal to a manager has to leave if he is to fulfil his dreams is very wrong. Opportunities are restricted to a few people close to management. A systematic DISCRIMINATION achieved in diverse ways.
Absolutely shocking from top management down to shift managers they really don't care about you or anybody as long as the pick rate and pallets moves are booming .
If you wanted to be treated like a piece of dog pop go and work for these you fit right in ..shift managers are false and two faced .. discipline heaven here at sutton in ashfield ..
Never work for these absolute joke of a company no help from team leaders managers looking down there nose at you bullying is rife in that place you get no help atall
The job role is easy but shift management lacking in man management.
No one takes responsibility. Vehicles well past their sell by date. ( Waitrose have control over this.) Brake down on a regular basis.
Absolutely terrible. Worked in two the ground. Regular heart attacks happen here. Payment withheld Uniform withheld. Set up to fail regularly. Horrible people who run this place.
money was good but the work was very labour intensive. staff were all kind. management was very professional. work place was very clean.
the best aspect of this job was overtime as they would pay very generously
very stressful no support route planning a joke also suspended me on full pay for refusing to open store up and take goods in when we wasnt paid key holder allowance and also forcing you out to complete deliveries company is a complete joke no wonder there always looking for drivers as people leave regular
I enjoyed it here my best job I've had good workers there good managers and easy work I enjoyed waking up to go to work I just wish I was still working there
Management clueless how too treat folks no organisation pantomime work place lack of skills working with decent people who want to work and get job satisfaction, but supvisors spoil the environment
Pros
Long term if your face fits
Cons
Don't turn up
very good team and communication good organisation skills of management fool proof making tasks very easy to load trucks with in sequence for multi drop deliveries, no running round like a headless chicken.
Good company to work for. Lots of chances for progressions. Big international company with lots of benefits. Company encourages personal development and growth
Management promotions given to sycophants experience and ability
not taken into account causing tensions between experienced operatives and sycophantic management.