Kuehne+Nagel

Kuehne+Nagel Employee Reviews

A typical day is based around supporting our customer to maintain production levels to the highest standard. We have a fast moving environment. Some of the tools we use could be newer, but most of a good standard. The hardest part of the job is balancing the demands of the customer across a busy site. Each day is a busy day therefore they fly by. It is very enjoyable to see people progressing through the many opportunities across the company.
Pros
Pension, loyalty holidays, discount scheme.
Cons
Flexibility is required
bad management no progression bullying is common this is based on ten years experience of seeing the turnaround of staff who all left for the same reasons
Pros
Cons
Bullying culture
I think is rubbish company because all staffs is rubbish. I think the company needs to be completely reformed. Too many Poles abusing workers, and the management team is mediocre.
Cannot complain at all, really enjoy my job ( can be stressful at times), good office staff on nights, good runs as well. Paid could be better but I would say competitive enough
Same boring job day in day out management never around all they care about is the amount you pick. There is no work culture everyone walks round Like it's the day of the living died
Pros
Cons
The day i walked out
17 years ago i was of the opinion i could retire at Kuehne + Nagel that was not to be and it was a sad day when we was made Redundant on the first day after TUPE over to DSV, But the vision of Kuehne + and Nagel is second to none and i defiantly recommend it,
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Can be Hectic at times
I was employed through agency, management and staff were so friendly and helpful, I left due to factory re locating. K and n offered me a job at the new location but sadly was to far for me to travel.
Pros
Atmosphere, wages, overtime
Cons
Fair salary was paid. Forklift and reach truck was provided by decent and fair instructor's plus PPT training was also given every 2 years. We given a fair time off with regards to holiday.
Pros
After loyal service you are rewarded
Cons
Not enough IT training
I work nights at Kuehne & Nagel. You work on a particular section and its basically picking and scanning aircraft parts for distributions to other parts of the Factory. The place is sound, your left alone to do your job. You can chat and have a laugh. Team leaders are easy to communicate with and no bad ones. Work Place culture is do what you are paid to do, don't take the biscuit with breaks. There is no hardest part to this job, I'd said it was getting there. The money is good if you work nights, you get a night shift rate which is a 1/4 of your annual wage.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
The Place is never cleaned.
Happy staff and great company to work for they treat you with respect and have alot of shifts and everyone gets along very well whether its office or warehouse
Amazing company to work for, they value their employees and treat you with respect. I had a great time working there .............................
Pros
Great work
Cons
I left
The colleague were very proffesional and also down to earth always interested in how I was getting along Nice place to work . I looked forward to going to work every day
Pros
Everyone was positive and thorough always there to encourage
Cons
None i experienced a positive working environment
Worked at Foston warehouse via an agency and I can’t express how well run the place was and how brilliantly you are trained. The warehouse controller is on the boil and everyone on my shift (last shift was 10pm till 6am tonight 5th June) Everyone on the shift acted as a team and went out of their way to help me when they saw me falling behind or struggling and I would work there at a drop of a hat
Kuehne + Nagel offer a wide range of roles and development opportunities across their sites/contracts within the UK as well as globally. They have a robust management structure in place to ensure that each sector and their respective customers receive the bespoke service required. Employees are given access to a variety of both mandatory and voluntary training which is great for anyone who wants develop themselves and better their work life.
Good company to work for be your own boss when your out and about, delivery chilled/frozen foods in temperature controlled lorries (18/26 tons). 8/12 drops per day with a support system in place if you get into any problems on the road/route. Health & Safety at all time one way system for lorries. Uniform supplied after 3 months probation and a welcome pack. Unfortunate that the union is on the weak side and dose not really listen to its workers other than that, if you don't mind hard work you enjoy it.
Pros
Good Salary, Support Team, Pre-loaded Lorries
Cons
Long Hours with or without drivers mate, Weak Union. Unload lorry end of day
Management obsessed with targets when it is not even necessary. You are asked the impossible in minus 40 freezer and in that cold it is exhausting. Managers don't understand what they are asking as they have never done it, and indeed could never do what they ask. Only skinny people work there, unless managers.
It is difficult to describe a typical day. One day you could be dealing with a significant incident the next looking at the performance of sites against policy. No 2 days were the same. The role was interesting and the results achieved over the years are excellent.
Pros
Great team
Cons
A typical day at work for a picker/packer involves packing stock, shifting boxes etc. Can be hard physical labour but doable work. Work environment is okay.
It was a great place to work, the team I worked with was what made it a great environment. The management however were against us not with us, some bullying from certain management was common practice, so a back bone and voice are key for anyone who is going to work full time. The agency workers are treated so poorly. Management has changed now I believe,so the culture may be better.
I never recommend at anyone to work there the managers want from you the impossible and they no offer nothing,they don't care about worker's ,all the time people's comeing work 3,4 days and after start to find something else.
I don't really know much about other sites, I can only say that where I work, integrity, intellectual competence and outstanding personality are missing in most levels of management. The result of this is superiors are manipulative, ensuring those who may be better qualified for positions are ignored and denied every opportunity to fulfil their potentials. The leadership is such that encourages making more followers rather than leaders, which is where I have issues with the organisation. the organisation / management are limited and restrictive in their staff development goals. The idea that anyone who is ambitious and not loyal to a manager has to leave if he is to fulfil his dreams is very wrong. Opportunities are restricted to a few people close to management. A systematic DISCRIMINATION achieved in diverse ways.