Kronospan

Kronospan Employee Reviews

United Kingdom23 reviews
Micromanagement culture and always made to feel your just a number. You’re only as good as your last shift in this place. Avoid at all costs if you value your work/life balance because you’ll be doing 72 hour weeks when covering your opposite number because there’s only four shifts. The Austrian owners are very arrogant and would walk past not even saying hello after years of service.
Kronospan is a great company to work for with understanding managers and good team spirit. I was part of a lovely team and made good personal and professional relationships.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Busy enviroment
Horrendous working conditions, management is non existent and look for reasons to cut back on paying staff, belittling employees, and take credit for your hard work and ideas.
With work being right on my door step I find this job convenient for me and once in work I tend to enjoy the shift and over all not too bad of a place too work.
There is a relaxed environment and cups of tea makes the department seem all the brighter.
This was the most dangerous job I ever had. Supervisors do not care about employee safety and the machinery is dangerous and there is no ventilation from hazardous dust, which is unhealthy to breathe and flammable.
Left a main job to work here. Get outstanding complements of supervisors on how good we cleaned the place. Very hard work. And then get an email on a Friday while we are working that they are getting rid of all cleaners and contractors and going to skeleton staff. Completely unfair and obviously the managers don't care about people just MONEY!
Literally the managers will kill this place. I've heard the place is a mess already
Kronospan has over the last 3 year invested massively in the Chirk factory both with its infrastructure and its people. Yes the business demands the very best out of its people, however surely that's a good thing. If you are committed, have a strong work ethic and really want to be successful then Kronospan provides an outstanding platform for which to develop and grow an exciting career.

Kronospan has been operating from the Chirk site since the early 1970's and employs over 600 people, many of which from the local village. Obviously nearly 50 years later there will be some people that may have experienced a negative experience as an employee of the business, however I feel this is improving and can only comment on my own experience which has been only positive.

If you are thinking of joining the business then I can only recommend Kronospan if you are committed to being the best you can be. You will only enjoy working here if you want to be successful. You must have a strong work ethic and truly be a team player. If you are particularly talented on top of this then you really will thrive.
Pros
Great workforce, exciting and challenging work, fantastic career prospects
Cons
The business is going through a phase of change which can be difficult
If zero was an option that would be the choice for the above options.

There is absolutely no health & safety at kronospan Chirk and no consideration given for the local environment.

Management turn a blind eye and the work is done at any cost.It is only a matter of time before someone else is killed here.Money is more important than a human life to the owners,Which is shocking.

Many near miss books are filled in,mostly with the exact same reoccurring events yet nothing is done to prevent them happening.

HSE need to do some unannounced visits to see how it is run on a normal day,not pre arrange a visit which then see’s everywhere cleaned down with hosepipes,production run at less than 30% and wagon deliveries stopped.Then when the visit is over it’s full steam ahead again.

SHAMBLES
Pros
Clocking off
Cons
.Management who cannot manage Owners who have zero respect for workers, Health & Safety officers who ignore life threatening issues daily
The management has no idea how to create a good team, and if there is one they'll make sure to break it apart just to make your life miserable. I doubt they know what leadership is. Power abuse and having favorites is a normality. So prepare to kiss some butts if you're gonna work there. Your opinion means nothing because you are no-one.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poor management
This is a corporation at the end of the day, all the regular benifits you would expect to get at such a big corperation they are a 24/h business so expect the usual 4 on 4 off 12hr shift work rate
The staff are very rude and unhelpful you don’t get a break I was used a dogs body!! Unhygienic untidy too many staff not enough for them to do manager is rude when you reported an issue
Pros
Cons
Rude staff rude manager
if you enjoy sniffing formaldeyde on the daily, then kronospan is the job for you! The workplace is constantly dirty, the management is all over the place, the safety and well-being in the company is the lowest I've at any company I've worked for.
The vast range of equipment could enable anyone to maximise their skills, however, conditions prevent this and limit a person's potential to be innovative and motivation is diminished.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Extended working hours including weekends with no remunerated compensation.
At all costs do not work here the staff are great management are poor and do not respect their employees health and safety is non existent how they get away with I do not know they have a training school up the road which is in fact a hotel for east European workers yet another tax dodge and cheap labour from a Austrian family owned company they can also pay off the HSE exec and local councillors just look at the extensions without planning and the prohibition notice that was served your eyes stream when going for a coffee what sort of work house is it
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Long hours no HSE not for your health
An extremely challenging place to work, but there are opportunities for those willing to advance and better themselves. Strong engineering and management with a never say die attitude.
Cons
Management are out of touch with employees needs and expect you to work a 72 hr week covering sickness and holidays job is advertised as 4 on 4 off but you are required to do a compulsory 540hrs a year overtime h&s is an afterthought there and you are expected to run multiple machines with little to no training
Pros
Cons
Unreasonable hrs lack of training non existent health and safety little opportunity for advancement
Working Hard
I lerned driving a lot of maschines

The hardes part of our job is unloading train

The most enjoyable part of my job is work on big machines and work with people
Previous Employer

Health & Safety is non existence any accident is covered up to protect the companies reputation.Very poor working conditions,Management show a total lack of respect to there workforce.Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Work conditions, Safety, Management, Air pollution
very poor run place do not look after there work staff very well and not a nice place to work in and there is not much els to say about the place
very busy and productive environment, management very good.
very long hours mainly 4 on 4off shift rota. but other shift patterns available.
Pros
Job Security
in charge of general maintenance, checking of machines and attending breakdowns. I've learned to work efficiently as part of a team and on my own. My managers are very helpful when i have a problem and my co-workers are more than happy to provide assistance when required. The hardest part of the job would be when I come across a problem I haven't encountered before or a job which requires tools that I do not possess and have to try and source from other colleagues.
Pros
location
Cons
very dusty