Kronospan Employee Reviews

Unsafe
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Chirk, Wrexham22 May 2018
At all costs do not work here the staff are great management are poor and do not respect their employees health and safety is non existent how they get away with I do not know they have a training school up the road which is in fact a hotel for east European workers yet another tax dodge and cheap labour from a Austrian family owned company they can also pay off the HSE exec and local councillors just look at the extensions without planning and the prohibition notice that was served your eyes stream when going for a coffee what sort of work house is it
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Long hours no HSE not for your health
Challenging
MDF Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Chirk, Wrexham18 January 2018
An extremely challenging place to work, but there are opportunities for those willing to advance and better themselves. Strong engineering and management with a never say die attitude.
Shocking place to work
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Chirk10 January 2018
Management are out of touch with employees needs and expect you to work a 72 hr week covering sickness and holidays job is advertised as 4 on 4 off but you are required to do a compulsory 540hrs a year overtime h&s is an afterthought there and you are expected to run multiple machines with little to no training
Pros
Cons
Unreasonable hrs lack of training non existent health and safety little opportunity for advancement
Poor Management .Working conditions dismal
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Chirk18 September 2016
Previous Employer

Health & Safety is non existence any accident is covered up to protect the companies reputation.Very poor working conditions,Management show a total lack of respect to there workforce.Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Work conditions, Safety, Management, Air pollution
not the best place to work
Forklift Instructor ITSTAR (counterbalance/Hiab) (Current Employee) –  Wrexham10 March 2016
very poor run place do not look after there work staff very well and not a nice place to work in and there is not much els to say about the place
good work ethic
Supervisor / Electrician (Current Employee) –  Chirk, ENG28 July 2015
very busy and productive environment, management very good.
very long hours mainly 4 on 4off shift rota. but other shift patterns available.
Pros
Job Security
very physically demanding
Maintenance engineer (Current Employee) –  chirk13 July 2015
in charge of general maintenance, checking of machines and attending breakdowns. I've learned to work efficiently as part of a team and on my own. My managers are very helpful when i have a problem and my co-workers are more than happy to provide assistance when required. The hardest part of the job would be when I come across a problem I haven't encountered before or a job which requires tools that I do not possess and have to try and source from other colleagues.
Pros
location
Cons
very dusty
nice canteen
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chirk, ENG1 July 2015
I was employed as a kitchen assistant in the factory canteen. We supplied a cooked breakfast and diner. It was a nice canteen to work in and I got on well with the rest of the team. We had a good rapport with the workers. We had to leave the canteen in a clean and satisfactory state at the end of every shift.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the rest of the staff
Cons
very hot conditions
Productive and friendly workplace
Machine Operator/ FLT Driver (Former Employee) –  WLS20 November 2013
A typical day at work would be a busy one with me and one other person running a laminate flooring machine. Although you are busy you were always learning new skills such as fixing any problems, changing cutting tools and also the quality aspects of the job. The hardest part of the job would be that is was physically and mentally challenging and the best part would be that you were always learning and the friendly co-workers.
Pros
Good Money and Good opportunities to better yourself.
Cons
Sometimes it could be long hours.

Want to know more about Kronospan?

Ask a question