KPMG Employee Reviews

Professional work place
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pakistan22 May 2017
Very professional place to work with. System were well integrated and sop were well defined. Meet international standards. Provides a healthy working environment
Team culture
Business Change Manager (Former Employee) –  London9 May 2017
I enjoyed working with KPMG because of the emphasis that Managers put on having good relationships and supporting their staff. I had excellent Line Managers on the project I was assigned.
Pros
Excellent relationships between Directors and teams
Cons
working at remote locations/client sites
Great working environment and experience
Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, UK2 May 2017
I worked on the external audits of numerous high profile chemical and pharmaceutical clients- including Alliance Boots, Pfizer and Roche. I learned to management a heavy workload and meet tight deadlines. I also learned the importance of effectively prioritising tasks by keeping an up to date to do list. At first I found keeping organised the most difficult aspect of the job, however, implementing an effective diary planner ensured that I was able to meet deadlines of numerous jobs which I was working on at the same time.
Kpmg
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC25 April 2017
Great pay. However, minimal learning opportunity. Did the same task every days. Management wasn't friendly and always stressed. Maybe will go back one day and hope for better experience.
management
R&D Manager (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London19 April 2017
management needs work,
structure needs to be looked at
no proper guidelines on promotion- even with years of experience undergraduates get promoted to manager level
good client facing work
great
file reviewer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 April 2017
enjoyed every minute, lots of roles available to progress into. great people, great facilities, lots of good communication and exciting projects to join
Too many layers of hierarchy
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 April 2017
Usual secretarial duties in a Big 4 accountancy firm. Not keen on the layers of hierarchy and management.

Otherwise ok firm to work for but salary could be higher for what we do
Pros
Benefits + free lunch
Cons
Salary not very competitive
Challenging work
MBA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester10 April 2017
we were assigned with the task to highlight competition level in a special target market. Building up the data collection and analysis model is very demanding. KPMG provided very useful insights and help by the time.
Not great
Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London5 April 2017
Not great in terms of work-life balance and usually overworked for minimal remuneration. Long hours contributed to me leaving eventually. Management is quite poor.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
A good place to learn latest science
Managing Data/Analytics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, UK5 April 2017
Great for training on all latest technologies
Difficult to get too
Work hugely varied
can be a lot of travelling
Fast paced and pressurised which is par for the course in consultancy
Pros
Pension scheme
Cons
Long hours and travel
Fun and tad borning
Ethics and Independence Officer (Current Employee) –  Watford Station4 April 2017
hhhhmmm, it great place full of energy! but the role can get borning quickly. I would probably come back to KPMG in the future bur for now I need fill in this review because Indeed jobs need to my to write a review for me to proceed.
fun work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cardiff31 March 2017
it was really good as you never new what your day was going to be like and you are indoors out of the rain so that was a bonus you are left on your own to do your own thing
Pros
left on yopur own
Cons
N/a
Sales Review
Sales Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire28 March 2017
Very complex review work, but provided with appropriate training to deliver the results required. Processes were easy to understand and well thought out.
Most enjoyable, balanced, sociable, educative and memorable
Senior Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London22 March 2017
What a wonderful charismatic company to work for. The work experience one gets is priceless and timeless!

I thoroughly enjoyed the people, the culture and professional growth. Whilst busy and intense it is also rewarding in terms of work-life balance and diversity!

Thank you!
Pros
Canteen Lunch - flexible negotiations - Great people
Great for job advancement
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire19 March 2017
As above, a good place to work to gain experience and advance your career. Able to gain exposure to a large number of differing clients from varying sectors.
Great Platforme
Manager, Financial Service - Insurance (Former Employee) –  London15 March 2017
Great platform to learn a disciplined and structured methodical approach to an organisation and the workplace.

Plenty of support from peers and seniors.
Positives and Negatives
Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 March 2017
Great people, really friendly team. Workplace culture is relatively relaxed but can be very pressurised at busy times. Work/life balance isn't great considering salary, particularly as a new joiner.
Student Recruitment Coodinator
Graduate Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol13 March 2017
A typical day at work as as Recruitment Coordinator would involve screening a large number of applications (forms, online tests and digital submissions), answering student enquiries over the telephone, managing the graduate inbox queries and assisting with pipeline management (including communication with the candidates.) I would also do a number of admin jobs for example collating information for events and interviews, booking interviewers, rooms and refreshments and coordinating assessment days.

I learned about employment legislation regarding the right to work in the UK and how to deal with visa queries, how to screen and manage applications using a tracking system and how to process candidate expenses using SAP. I analysed data relating to which universities students applied from and the courses they studied and saw how this affected the overall outcome of the companies recruitment strategies.

The workplace culture was relaxed and sociable, the managers were always on hand if I needed support, despite the remote working situation. The managers were friendly and approachable.

The hardest part of the job was learning the complex applicant tracking system, but this was also the most rewarding having mastered many of its functions during my time as a Recruitment Coordinator.

The most enjoyable part of the job was attending recruitment events and presentations to promote the company to school leavers and under-graduates. I enjoyed interacting with the students and also liaising with the universities to secure and book these events.
Pros
Lunch allowance, Csr
Cons
Long hours, unwritten expectations
Ok
Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London1 March 2017
Flexible working environment and overall good experience and good place to work- get to meet a lot of people in the said role.
Great place to work.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 March 2017
Unquestionable industry leader. Has been achieving important break-throughs consistently. Emphasis on leadership, excellence, integrity. Great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K