KPMG Employee Reviews

Strong culture and a great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  London16 January 2017
Strong operating model and change management expertise resulting in multiple awards in the management consulting industry. Led by a strong partner team who cares for the people.
Challenging but excellent
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 January 2017
Managing a government project worth £150m over three years, in control of 90% of revenue operations. Focused on setting up the Service Centre for this operation, expanding workforce from 3 to 50 FTE in 4 months.
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds11 January 2017
I enjoyed working there because I learned how to cook and management were understanding and polite and kind and all my co workers was good to work with and had a laugh
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Good hours good pay
No a great place to work
Team Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear4 January 2017
I've had issue after issue since starting this job and only took it initially because is was permanent and I had been temping for 5 years previously.
The pay is awful and doesn't get better with longevity. The other benefits like pension and bonus is good but it doesn't make up for the appalling wage.
Pros
£3.20 per day for your lunch
Cons
The lunch allowance can only be spent in the canteen and it's awful and massively overpriced!!!
Much the same as any Big 4
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London3 January 2017
A great place to work with plenty of opportunities for the ambitious. Don't expect much in the way of work life balance though.
Secure
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 December 2016
During my time at KPMG, I received plenty of support and was exposed to many different areas of the business. I learned many new skills and gained knowledge however the Salary compared to the workload did not suffice.
Open and friendly environment
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London6 December 2016
I worked at KPMG in Canary Wharf for a week as work experience. I was given tasks by those who were higher up in the team that I had joined and that defined my day. It was a good opportunity to get used to a corporate financial culture. The open plan offices meant that it was very easy to approach others.
The work did get boring at times but overall was a very positive experience.
Professional and organised
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  London17 November 2016
the project is clear and structured
colleagues are supportive manger gave us much support in terms of data source and etc
environment is good
Manager (Former Employee) –  London10 November 2016
Involved in resource management, risk management, client relationship, regulatory discussions, coaching and counselling, budget and strategy, training and development.
Poor Management
Helpdesk Advisor / Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Leeds7 November 2016
its a great opportunity to work with KPMG on some of the greatest projects.
it would be a pleasure to work or KPMG again in future as i got to learner at add so much to my experience.
Good people and good learning opportunity
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London26 October 2016
The standout qualities at KPMG are the variety of projects, good people, and excellent learning opportunities.

Lack of report writing may leave some consultants behind when they move to their next role.
Pros
free lunches, free drinks at the end of the month, varied work
Cons
less emphasis on report writing.
Wonderful Job and colleagues
Senior Partner's Secretary (Former Employee) –  Preston20 October 2016
Always challenging - every day was different. Nineteen years working for Managers, Directors and finally for the last ten years, the Senior Partner/s.

Still in touch with colleagues who have become lifetime friends.
Pros
Many perks.
fun
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds City Centre12 October 2016
Its a challenging environment, I learn something new everyday and I enjoy working. The team are all helpful and good to work with, we can rely on each other and take on tasks together to solve the problem.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
nothing...
Engaging
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Various21 September 2016
KPMG was fabulous. I won and delivered an array of major transformation programmes, building and leading many amazing teams.

The range of work is excellent but you must carry favour to progress, so your network of partners and senior partners must be exceptional, regardless of performance.

Learning and development is also excellent but the current strategic direction is possibly a worry given that it has slipped to 4th of the Big 4 and continues to slip relative to EY, PwC and especially Deloitte. The latter has clearer direction, stronger leadership and a more aggressive approach, though they have lost their community/family feel that KPMG, in parts, has maintained.
Pros
Fabulous resources
Cons
Private Members Club
Opportunity to try different roles
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf20 September 2016
The work KPMG does for CSR is fantastic. Staff are encouraged to train and upskill, with opportunities for secondment or global mobility to different roles and departments.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive and fun
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 September 2016
Great place to work. Great people. Lots of responsibility. Demanding role and challenging at times. Loved the boss that I worked for. Most enjoyable working on different estates and visiting them.
Pros
Good salary
Best place to work
Positioning Letter Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds2 September 2016
i would recommend anyone to work for this company there is a reason why its in the top 100 companies to work for
i highly recommend anyone to come to leeds broad gate kpmg i learn a lot and wouldn't change this job for anything
Pros
Flexible good pay
Overall summary
Finance Administrator (secondment) (Current Employee) –  Leeds31 August 2016
Friendly and very supportive colleagues. Great firm to work for. Limited career progression opportunities unless based at one of the larger offices
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Limited career progression
A good start of your career
Corporate Research (Former Employee) –  London31 August 2016
This is a good start of your career if you are in a graduate or associate program at KPMG. Excellent job culture and good management. However, minimum salary range for the entry level staff.
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Theale9 August 2016
a well balanced organisation
gain all round experience
working for all levels of the organisation
Excellent for career development
Pros
experience gained accross full marketing mix

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K