KPMG Employee Reviews

Challenging work
MBA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester10 April 2017
we were assigned with the task to highlight competition level in a special target market. Building up the data collection and analysis model is very demanding. KPMG provided very useful insights and help by the time.
Not great
Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London5 April 2017
Not great in terms of work-life balance and usually overworked for minimal remuneration. Long hours contributed to me leaving eventually. Management is quite poor.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
A good place to learn latest science
Managing Data/Analytics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, UK5 April 2017
Great for training on all latest technologies
Difficult to get too
Work hugely varied
can be a lot of travelling
Fast paced and pressurised which is par for the course in consultancy
Pros
Pension scheme
Cons
Long hours and travel
Fun and tad borning
Ethics and Independence Officer (Current Employee) –  Watford Station4 April 2017
hhhhmmm, it great place full of energy! but the role can get borning quickly. I would probably come back to KPMG in the future bur for now I need fill in this review because Indeed jobs need to my to write a review for me to proceed.
fun work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cardiff31 March 2017
it was really good as you never new what your day was going to be like and you are indoors out of the rain so that was a bonus you are left on your own to do your own thing
Pros
left on yopur own
Cons
N/a
Sales Review
Sales Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire28 March 2017
Very complex review work, but provided with appropriate training to deliver the results required. Processes were easy to understand and well thought out.
Most enjoyable, balanced, sociable, educative and memorable
Senior Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London22 March 2017
What a wonderful charismatic company to work for. The work experience one gets is priceless and timeless!

I thoroughly enjoyed the people, the culture and professional growth. Whilst busy and intense it is also rewarding in terms of work-life balance and diversity!

Thank you!
Pros
Canteen Lunch - flexible negotiations - Great people
Great for job advancement
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire19 March 2017
As above, a good place to work to gain experience and advance your career. Able to gain exposure to a large number of differing clients from varying sectors.
Great Platforme
Manager, Financial Service - Insurance (Former Employee) –  London15 March 2017
Great platform to learn a disciplined and structured methodical approach to an organisation and the workplace.

Plenty of support from peers and seniors.
Positives and Negatives
Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 March 2017
Great people, really friendly team. Workplace culture is relatively relaxed but can be very pressurised at busy times. Work/life balance isn't great considering salary, particularly as a new joiner.
Student Recruitment Coodinator
Graduate Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol13 March 2017
A typical day at work as as Recruitment Coordinator would involve screening a large number of applications (forms, online tests and digital submissions), answering student enquiries over the telephone, managing the graduate inbox queries and assisting with pipeline management (including communication with the candidates.) I would also do a number of admin jobs for example collating information for events and interviews, booking interviewers, rooms and refreshments and coordinating assessment days.

I learned about employment legislation regarding the right to work in the UK and how to deal with visa queries, how to screen and manage applications using a tracking system and how to process candidate expenses using SAP. I analysed data relating to which universities students applied from and the courses they studied and saw how this affected the overall outcome of the companies recruitment strategies.

The workplace culture was relaxed and sociable, the managers were always on hand if I needed support, despite the remote working situation. The managers were friendly and approachable.

The hardest part of the job was learning the complex applicant tracking system, but this was also the most rewarding having mastered many of its functions during my time as a Recruitment Coordinator.

The most enjoyable part of the job was attending recruitment events and presentations to promote the company to school leavers and under-graduates. I enjoyed interacting with the students and also liaising with the universities to secure and book these events.
Pros
Lunch allowance, Csr
Cons
Long hours, unwritten expectations
Ok
Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London1 March 2017
Flexible working environment and overall good experience and good place to work- get to meet a lot of people in the said role.
Great place to work.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 March 2017
Unquestionable industry leader. Has been achieving important break-throughs consistently. Emphasis on leadership, excellence, integrity. Great place to work.
A job that required the safety and well being of everyone that worked inside the building.
Site supervisor (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire13 February 2017
This job involved many aspects that required 100% attention to detail and the ability to think outside the box. The people were great and so were the management.
Pros
Local
Cons
Best place i ever worked for
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London10 February 2017
Nice team, serious company, competent head chef, i worked for 6 month in the building, but i was still under my agency Off to Work.
Great Enviroment & people
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London6 February 2017
A great unique place to work. Lovely people, management and environment. day to day work is manageable and personally feel motivated to go above and beyond to deliver. most difficult part of the job is seeing colleagues being made redundant.
Pros
Free lunches good staff benefits
Cons
Long hours, fail to recognise great staff
Productive and fun workplace
KYC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 February 2017
Used bespoke client software alongside primary and secondary resources to complete AML checklists for various bank customers. Learnt a lot of regulatory guidance in respect of Financial Crime regulation (AML/CTF).
Pros
Office location, co-workers, shift pattern
Cons
Chances of promotion
Mortgage Advice Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bradford3 February 2017
I have been on a 6 month contract with KPMG. I have enjoyed my time working with this company. You are treated like adults and your input is taken on board by higher management. My colleagues and I were looked after well by the permanent staff. I would definitely recommend anyone thinking about joining this company to take the plunge.
Pros
Great management
Professional & Prodiuctive Workplace
Remediation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire30 January 2017
Hours were 9am to 5pm, learned to manage my day well to achieve the required outcomes.

Management were very active, with a relaxed but professional culture.

Hardest part of the role was meeting the required deadlines and maintaining the expected standards.

Most enjoyable would be attaining the required standards and keeping them, and meeting like minded people.
Pros
Opputunity to work with a professional outfit
Cons
Only a contract role
Small and friendly
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex, UK25 January 2017
I start my day but opening the site to prepare for breakfast. we are open all day from 8 am till 2.30 serving breakfast and lunch as well as hot beverages and confectionery during the day.
I have hot vending which I clean and refill twice a week.
I help do the ordering for the week
I have some knowledge on Nexus.
When my manager is away i am very confident in running the unit.
There is not really a hard part of my job I enjoy it all.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
broken lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K