KPMG Employee Reviews

Found 277 reviews matching the search See all 4,968 reviews
Professional organisation with good work life balance
Debt Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham22 August 2013
My role to was to manage the collection of debts for insolvent companies where my employer had been appointed the insolvency practitioner.
The role was always challenging but enjoyable and my colleagues were professional but fun to work with at all times.
The most difficult part of the job was the travelling to the insolvent company sites, which spanned the length and breadth of the UK.
The most enjoyable aspect was the satisfaction in the realisation/collection of the insolvent company's debt book.
Pros
Company benefits
Cons
Travelling
Nice work environment
audit assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London19 March 2018
- It's a young working environment so if you're young, there are lots of like-minded individuals
- If you have extenuating circumstances, the firm is very understanding. There are lots of people you can speak to about any issues.
- Good structure
Pros
lunch allowance, phone
Great Enviroment & people
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London6 February 2017
A great unique place to work. Lovely people, management and environment. day to day work is manageable and personally feel motivated to go above and beyond to deliver. most difficult part of the job is seeing colleagues being made redundant.
Pros
Free lunches good staff benefits
Cons
Long hours, fail to recognise great staff
Internship
Management Consulting Intern (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 May 2018
KPMG LLP, Manchester, UK – Management Consulting Intern

I was working on there Jan 2018 – Feb 2018 a short-term internship placement working for a Senior Consultant, within IT Advisory.
Big 4 firm with extensiive network and vast amount of opportunities
Audit Assistant/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear8 January 2018
Wide variety of clients to work with. In depth on the job learning and developing skills transferable to industry. Good sociable atmosphere. Very hard working culture making it sometimes hard to maintain healthy work life balance.
Pros
Fantastic reputation in industry
Audit
Associate (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 July 2017
Friendly and knowledgable management
Work-life balance the best amongst the big four
Great training opportunity and personal development
Low salary
Too many layers of hierarchy
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 April 2017
Usual secretarial duties in a Big 4 accountancy firm. Not keen on the layers of hierarchy and management.

Otherwise ok firm to work for but salary could be higher for what we do
Pros
Benefits + free lunch
Cons
Salary not very competitive
revewi
Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  London25 April 2018
You will love to work with good and highly skilled people. People are nice, work culture is great, not much restriction. Easy to reach people, Lots of opportunities to explore, multiple skills you can developed
No a great place to work
Team Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear4 January 2017
I've had issue after issue since starting this job and only took it initially because is was permanent and I had been temping for 5 years previously.
The pay is awful and doesn't get better with longevity. The other benefits like pension and bonus is good but it doesn't make up for the appalling wage.
Pros
£3.20 per day for your lunch
Cons
The lunch allowance can only be spent in the canteen and it's awful and massively overpriced!!!
Dissapointed management
Manager (Current Employee) –  London30 December 2015
Lack of support and bad management in Advisory function, Long hours, unclear objectives. Unstructured performance reviews
Has good benefits, including lunch allowance, birthday holidays,
Pros
has good benefits
Cons
Lack of support and bad management in Advisory function, long hours
Positives and Negatives
Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 March 2017
Great people, really friendly team. Workplace culture is relatively relaxed but can be very pressurised at busy times. Work/life balance isn't great considering salary, particularly as a new joiner.
Team Secretary (Current Employee) –  Birmingham13 March 2016
I work for two large teams in an extremely busy tax department. My role is varied with tasks such as e-travel, diary management, billing, typing of letters, reports, producing PowerPoints and arranging seminars.

Outside my core role I am a Charity Champion, this involves communicating to the entire Birmingham office, arranging charity events/seminars and being responsible for the collecting and banking funds.

Working for a large company and the roles I undertake, I have learned to communicate to a wider audience, be part of a larger team of individuals and have become experienced with a wide range of systems.

I work closely with my co-workers to ensure that we all have good working relationships, this enables us to assist each other and cover in their absence.

I arrange regular meetings with my core departmental managers, this not only maintains a good working relationship but also gives me an understanding of what they’re currently working on and discuss ways in which I can lighten their workload.

I would say the hardest part of my role would be working with individuals who are not team players but I work to overcome this by having regular meetings.

I enjoy the variety of my core and non-core roles and getting involved with events both inside and outside of work
Pros
Free lunches, benefits
Company with great career opportunities
SBA Project Executive / Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  London20 October 2015
A great place to work, learn and develop. Fantastic career prospects for those with high ambitions and willingness to work hard and long hours.
Pros
Great Benefits and perks
Cons
Not very personal due to the company size
Productive & Fun workplace
Business Administration (Former Employee) –  London Canary Wharf28 July 2014
It's not all that busy but their is a lot of workload on certain days. Every one is really polite and it's a chilled atmosphere. It's not strict and managers are really friendly and approachable. Help is always around when needed and it's a company which helps you through every stage and opens many doors for you. There are many benefits for you in KPMG but it all depends on the area you work in.
Great for work experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2018
A great project to get involved in for work experience with a great lunch and very friendly staff that were easy to talk to. Also very willing to help when needs be.
Good company
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge7 March 2018
A working day goes quick. Helpful towards getting the home and work life balance.
Great people to work with, lots of socialising events organised by the company
Great place for development
Head of Treasury (Former Employee) –  Watford6 June 2016
Great place for development, KPMG training and opportunities are what kept me in the firm for such a long time.

The people at KPMG are great.

I was given the opportunity to do may different roles alongside my main Treasury role.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits
Cons
A good start of your career
Corporate Research (Former Employee) –  London31 August 2016
This is a good start of your career if you are in a graduate or associate program at KPMG. Excellent job culture and good management. However, minimum salary range for the entry level staff.
Management Consulting
Management Consultant - Strategy & Operations (Former Employee) –  London25 October 2017
KPMG really puts emphasis on people and the culture and is by far one of the most supportive and culture rich organisations I have worked at.

There is less emphasis on the bottom line all the time and more on doing things taking the team and client into account. The Firm also spends a lot on people and events and performance reviews.
Pros
Daily lunch allowance, on client site and work premises
Cons
work life balance can suffer
Diverse, challenging, hard-working, team-focused
Manager (Current Employee) –  London12 March 2013
Diverse, challenging, hard-working, team-focused. Generally supportive management and co-workers.
Pros
variety, team, development opportunities
Cons
a lot of travel away from home, salary less competitive than competitors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K