KPMG Employee Reviews

Varied and interesting
Secretary/PA (Former Employee) –  Bristol23 July 2017
I enjoying working here for the short time that I was there. I learnt a lot more about working in a large corporate environment and it also helped me hone my office skills.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Temporary
Global Institute
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne22 July 2017
Working with a global company such as KPMG was mind-opening and enabled me to think bigger about what I was capable of. My time here was very interesting and rewarding.
Understaffed accounting firm trying their best
Assistant Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, UK19 July 2017
The office I was involved in was going through a number of changes in staff at a large rate. They have not been able to keep up through hiring more staff. This has caused the staff at my level to be overworked and thus quality begins to suffer. I enjoyed the people there as they were always willing to lend a hand when they had a moment. I was able to lead teams without being micromanaged, which created a more positive atmosphere.
Pros
Experience leading teams
Cons
Not enough staff to support the workload
Work Experience Unpaid (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 July 2017
A great look into the workings of a huge international company with a plethora of resources. Working a 9-5 in a smart, comfortable city centre office is a delight.
Audit
Associate (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 July 2017
Friendly and knowledgable management
Work-life balance the best amongst the big four
Great training opportunity and personal development
Low salary
Productive workplace
Data Analytics Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 July 2017
KPMG is a good place to work for. Has a good work life balance but career progression is slow as in all large companies. A great place to acquire new skills.
Wonderful company
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol3 July 2017
Was only here on a one week work experience placement where I shadowed an internal audit partner and it was a wonderful place to be. The staff were incredibly friendly and kind, I thoroughly enjoyed myself there.
hated it
Corporate Tax Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Ipswich30 June 2017
A long time ago now, but even now, being made redundant when seemingly noone else in the office was rankles with me.
Timesheets never had a high enough utilisation rate, and the office was a satellite - ie Head office forgot about us

In fact, it is closed now, and staff have moved away, so this is a very specific review with a personal slant. I enjoyed the money, but nothing else whatsoever
Pros
lunch allowance, bonus, pension
Cons
Nothing was ever good enough for them
Great palce to work
Business Development/Audit department (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 June 2017
Friendly workers and made me feel welcome. Although i was just on work experience, they made me feel part of the team and helped me whenever i was stuck
Kpmg
KYC Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 June 2017
KPMG has been a good company to work for. I started on a contract there 5 years ago and have been moved onto various different projects picking up valuable experience across the financial sector.
Professional workplace
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf30 May 2017
I previously worked here on work experience. This helped to be build on my skills and experience for the future. A friendly and professional workplace.
Big 4 Consultancy
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London24 May 2017
Fairly typical experience of a big 4 consultancy.
Nice people, but often a lack of direction and lots of bureaucracy. I left because it was difficult to get the technical experience that I was looking for.
Avoid
Trainee Grad (Former Employee) –  London Canary Wharf22 May 2017
- they are a highly politicised firm
-management are quite narrow minded
-spend lots on creating a good public image of how they treat their staff because in reality they treat them very bad.
- the work life balance is good but don't put your hopes out on progressing with them.
Pros
Subsidised lunch
Cons
Lots of politics
Professional work place
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pakistan22 May 2017
Very professional place to work with. System were well integrated and sop were well defined. Meet international standards. Provides a healthy working environment
Team culture
Business Change Manager (Former Employee) –  London9 May 2017
I enjoyed working with KPMG because of the emphasis that Managers put on having good relationships and supporting their staff. I had excellent Line Managers on the project I was assigned.
Pros
Excellent relationships between Directors and teams
Cons
working at remote locations/client sites
Great working environment and experience
Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, UK2 May 2017
I worked on the external audits of numerous high profile chemical and pharmaceutical clients- including Alliance Boots, Pfizer and Roche. I learned to management a heavy workload and meet tight deadlines. I also learned the importance of effectively prioritising tasks by keeping an up to date to do list. At first I found keeping organised the most difficult aspect of the job, however, implementing an effective diary planner ensured that I was able to meet deadlines of numerous jobs which I was working on at the same time.
Kpmg
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC25 April 2017
Great pay. However, minimal learning opportunity. Did the same task every days. Management wasn't friendly and always stressed. Maybe will go back one day and hope for better experience.
management
R&D Manager (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London19 April 2017
management needs work,
structure needs to be looked at
no proper guidelines on promotion- even with years of experience undergraduates get promoted to manager level
good client facing work
great
file reviewer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 April 2017
enjoyed every minute, lots of roles available to progress into. great people, great facilities, lots of good communication and exciting projects to join
Too many layers of hierarchy
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 April 2017
Usual secretarial duties in a Big 4 accountancy firm. Not keen on the layers of hierarchy and management.

Otherwise ok firm to work for but salary could be higher for what we do
Pros
Benefits + free lunch
Cons
Salary not very competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K