KPMG Employee Reviews for Secretary

Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 4,825 reviews
Firm is too stuffy for own good
Secretary/PA (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 June 2018
Sometimes it can be hugely stressful here which affects work/life balance, everything is monitoring by managers who don't pull their weight, they just like to assert power over people.
Pros
Subsidised Lunch
Cons
Long Hours, constantly monitored
Many many years ago and still as busy today
Secretary to Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 December 2017
I worked here as a secretary many years ago. We had 6 secretaries rammed into a tiny room, one of which was not easy to get along and you're stuck with them day in day out!. It's probably changed in that respect but as to the job we were inundated. Looking at the job spec now it's just as bad. They pile the work on you... tons to type, phones constantly ringing, no time to even get a cup of tea. Day in day out you'll be worked to be bone for that salary. Don't say I didn't warn you! Just look at the list of duties!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work overload
No a great place to work
Team Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear4 January 2017
I've had issue after issue since starting this job and only took it initially because is was permanent and I had been temping for 5 years previously.
The pay is awful and doesn't get better with longevity. The other benefits like pension and bonus is good but it doesn't make up for the appalling wage.
Pros
£3.20 per day for your lunch
Cons
The lunch allowance can only be spent in the canteen and it's awful and massively overpriced!!!
Supportive
Central Team Secretary (Former Employee) –  London, Canary Wharf24 March 2016
A normal day in KPMG is full of fun, busy but always enjoyable. I have learned new skills such as CRM and SAP also strengthen my MS skills.
My manager was always supporting me and able to resolve any issue that i might have, my team was constantly working as one and helping each other.
They were always asking me for help as i was always able to help them and share my skills with them.
Sometimes I had to work under pressure to be able to meet a deadline and I always push myself to meet it,
Pros
Support, Free Lunch, good environment
Team Secretary (Current Employee) –  Birmingham13 March 2016
I work for two large teams in an extremely busy tax department. My role is varied with tasks such as e-travel, diary management, billing, typing of letters, reports, producing PowerPoints and arranging seminars.

Outside my core role I am a Charity Champion, this involves communicating to the entire Birmingham office, arranging charity events/seminars and being responsible for the collecting and banking funds.

Working for a large company and the roles I undertake, I have learned to communicate to a wider audience, be part of a larger team of individuals and have become experienced with a wide range of systems.

I work closely with my co-workers to ensure that we all have good working relationships, this enables us to assist each other and cover in their absence.

I arrange regular meetings with my core departmental managers, this not only maintains a good working relationship but also gives me an understanding of what they’re currently working on and discuss ways in which I can lighten their workload.

I would say the hardest part of my role would be working with individuals who are not team players but I work to overcome this by having regular meetings.

I enjoy the variety of my core and non-core roles and getting involved with events both inside and outside of work
Pros
Free lunches, benefits
Challenging and Varied
Team Secretary - Public Sector Audit North (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG3 February 2014
Not knowing what work is going to be required.

I have learned quite a few different skills and improved on others ie Powerpoint.

Co workers very friendly and have enjoyed all tasks given to me.

The hardest part of the job is having authorisaton to complete tasks.
Pros
Free Lunch up to £3.10
Cons
No Stucture within the Admin Department
Interesting work and opportunities for progression
Team Secretary, Public Sector Audit (Current Employee) –  Nottingham20 June 2013
Great opportunities to experience varied work and lots of opportunities for progression if you put in the hours and are prepared to work hard.
Pros
Free lunches
A good place to work
Team Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bristol10 June 2013
I currently work as a Team Secretary. I enjoy working at KPMG, but will soon be coming to the end of my fix term contract.
Since joining I have gained experience in internal and external events orgaising seminars/meetings and events for upto 500 people.