KPMG Employee Reviews in Watford

A job that required the safety and well being of everyone that worked inside the building.
Site supervisor (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire13 February 2017
This job involved many aspects that required 100% attention to detail and the ability to think outside the box. The people were great and so were the management.
Pros
Local
Great place for development
Head of Treasury (Former Employee) –  Watford6 June 2016
Great place for development, KPMG training and opportunities are what kept me in the firm for such a long time.

The people at KPMG are great.

I was given the opportunity to do may different roles alongside my main Treasury role.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits
Not all great
Helpline Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Watford26 April 2016
I faced a steep learning curve as a Finance and Engagement Management administrator within the Central Finance function. I gained exposure to SAP and by extension, all things operational and all things finance.
In general the role is challenging and it has its rewards. The work is varied and I gained exposure (amongst many things) to the Client lifecycle. I was fascinated by the way SAP brought Client Engagement acceptance risk controls, billing, WIP accounting and and reporting together into one system.
The people are brilliant and I met some really bright, creative individuals who were very encouraging and very willing to recognise hard work. The Directors and Partners of the firm are quite approachable.
I have to say though that Central Finance is an isolated part of the firm - many of the cultural benefits given to the Client facing staff did not extend to those in Central Finance. Surprisingly, training is poor and my knowledge only grew because I had the tenacity to find things out for myself.
KPMG attracted me because they placed emphasis on continuous professional development. I saw this for our Client facing colleagues, but never in 4 years (and in spite of my repeated enquiries) was this extended to Central Finance.
Management in Central Finance have been longtime employees of the firm. I was aware of a clique and in general they were not receptive to change and viewed such suggestions as criticism. Life could then become quite difficult. Secondments that are common place out in the business, were deliberately stifled and did not take place for Central Finance.
  more...
In conclusion, KPMG is a great firm to work outside of the Central Finance function - which could and should do much better.
Pros
Benefits, Lunch allowance
Cons
Poor training, poor advancement
fun workplace
commis chef (Current Employee) –  watford23 June 2015
the co-workers are get to work with, its a lot of fun but you have to work hard, the lunch service was the hardest part of the day
Happy at KPMG, but recently relocated
Meeting Room Support/Room Support/Office Support (Current Employee) –  Watford, ENG18 June 2014
Worked at KPMG for ten years covering several roles; sorting and distributing incoming/outgoing mail/couriers, meeting room bookings, meeting room support, filing, live filing, archiving and general office support. Happy at KPMG but recently relocated with my family, so I'm looking for something more local. My day is fairly varied, and I work from 7am until 5pm. My job is challenging but i learn new things everyday which I enjoy. I work both as part of a team, and as an individual
Professional, pressured, good working conditions, well structured
HR Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Watford30 October 2013
Generally it is a good place to work and to build up your skills. A lot is expected of you and you will have to work long hours, but generally you are rewarded for this. Much can be learnt from working with a large corporation and i have made some excellent friends.
Engaging, Forward thinking and progressive workplace
IT Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Watford30 April 2013
Huge career potential with excellent life skills coaching. A company which believes and delivers high values, whilst providing opportunities for those wishing to move move forward.