KPMG Employee Reviews in London

Found 110 reviews matching the search See all 4,758 reviews
Great work life balance and salary potential, but poor management
Business Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2018
Whilst working for KPMG for 4 years has provided me with plenty of challenge and stretch opportunities, the way in which the Firm is managed lets the overall experience of working for KPMG down.

Business processes are poor and not fit for purpose, particular HR, Recruitment, Contractor onboarding, expenses and various other business services/processes.

The complex operating model and number of Partners chasing their own bottom line / bonuses make cross service line collaboration impossible!
Pros
Lunch allowance, flexible working
Cons
management, effective business processes
Sophisticated
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2018
It was a very enjoyable experience. I got to learn more about the business. I was made aware of the different opportunities available to me. I had the chance to speak to staff from different areas of the business and learn more about their job role.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Early start
Nice people but felt under appreciated
Restructuring Associate (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 September 2018
The people are great however, there wasn't any scope for progression in my team and the salary didn't match the work I undertook. I was doing work above my pay grade but not getting the benefits.

Good culture with a particular focus on diversity and inclusion.
Pros
Social aspect, wide range of clients
Cons
Salary
Fantastic place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  London24 September 2018
I absolutely loved working at KPMG. They are a fantastic employer and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a professional career. Top quality place to work.
Great experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 September 2018
All staff I met there were friendly and helped me to the best of their ability, although I was only there for a weeks work experience, it was great to see how the business ran and how great all staff members worked with each other.
Director (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 September 2018
Enjoyable, entrepreneurial atmosphere. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Lots of variety in different projects. Have travelled to quite a lot of interesting places.
Fun for graduates
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London4 September 2018
Have 'in-takes' which you make friends with. Makes it fun / easier to integrate into the team. Company is large and have opportunity to second to other teams.
Pros
Free lunches
productive and fun place
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 August 2018
You can learn numerous things at KPMG and is a greta place to enhance your skills. From this work place I have learnt many things which is learning whilst working is great fun.
Pros
free lunches
Cool
Infrastructure Service Centre Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 August 2018
It is a really cool place to work especially when starting out. The workplace culture is well established. Growth and development is definitely achievable.
Pros
Subsidized lunches
Cons
Clinical
Something new every day
Unpaid Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London3 August 2018
Did two weeks summer work experience there and the team there were all very good at checking that you had something to do. Very positive working environment which was very friendly.
Audit Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  london30 July 2018
Benefits of starting your career at KPMG are an exposure to senior individuals, training and coaching. A fantastic amount of opportunities within the business.
Pros
lunch
Cons
hours
No work life balance at all
Banking Audit (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 May 2018
Great name to have on your CV and opens up a lot of opportunities.

However, thankless job of audit plus awful retention rate are leading to completely unsustainable levels of work universally. Every grade level unhappy and little support provided to improve this.

Very secure job, however this is because they are struggling to attract any decent talent, so if you want to stay and are willing to commit to regular 70 hour weeks (no longer just in busy season) this is the company for you.
Pros
the people, lunch allowance, opens up opportunities
Great for work experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2018
A great project to get involved in for work experience with a great lunch and very friendly staff that were easy to talk to. Also very willing to help when needs be.
good place to start career
Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 May 2018
Good place to start your career and to learn basic skills. A good base for transition into more analytical jobs (it is Research, Commercial Finance or M&A).
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Long hours from time to time
Belief in the "Big 4" status arrogance is rife
Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 April 2018
Blood sweat and tears expected for a below market rate salary.
The worst company I've ever had the misfortune of being duped into working for.
Expect promises of rapid promotion and nice bonuses. Reality is a daily endurance test of your will to live.
The free lunch is a con, the only free thing you can get is a reformed chicken sandwich you will have to queue for most of your lunch break to get your hands on. - Essentially a ploy to keep you in the building.
No matter what level you are, hierarchy always rules and you will be treated as such.
Leaving on time and working your hours is frowned upon.
Pros
you receive a monthly pay check
Cons
you question your life choices on a daily basis
revewi
Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  London25 April 2018
You will love to work with good and highly skilled people. People are nice, work culture is great, not much restriction. Easy to reach people, Lots of opportunities to explore, multiple skills you can developed
Contractor review
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  London20 April 2018
Being a contractor, allowed me to see the internal politics of the hierarchical structure complicate what could be a very nice work environment.

Most people here are self driven and know what needs to be done, enjoy their jobs and get on with it.

The work life balance is not very good and often too much is expected of the staff.
Busy, fun place
Contract Caterer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 April 2018
I enjoyed working there, although I was only a contractor. I worked for a contractor, but dealt with KPMG employees on a daily basis. There were high standards required, but generally understanding of our challenges.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Demanding, challenging.
Challenging environment
Project lead (Former Employee) –  london5 March 2018
Nice growth, good culture, excellent opportunities to meet new people, very understanding staff.

Can be a bit busy during peak seasons but its fun to work with people.
Great Company to Work For
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 February 2018
KPMG are a great company to work for, varied workload, exciting opportunities, good training programmes, nice offices, good performance management system in place, lovely people and networking groups. Wish I had never left!!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K