KPMG Employee Reviews in London

Found 119 reviews matching the search See all 4,973 reviews
Great place to work if the people like you
Indirect Tax Advisor (Current Employee) –  London21 December 2018
They promote a great culture and say great things, however the antiquated managers who have sat in their chairs for far too long, and resist changes ensure that you are left in a limbo between what comes from the top, and what they tell you to do.

A real shame as the company looks and sounds great, but management do not follow through, and the lack of professionalism soon reveals itself.
Pros
Lunch allowance, promotes good things
Cons
Antiquated management, lack of professionalism in mid to high management
Not a healthy environment
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 November 2018
Too many partners and not enough doers. Becomes totally chaotic as each partner has a different opinion of client deliverable. So much rework and wasted energy. Work is over sold and then inexperienced teams are shipped out to manage the inevitable fallout. Expectations are high which is good but due to perpetual ‘good’ staff shortages, the burden to deliver weighs heavy and there is often little to no support. A lot of quotas and lip service about diversity and flexibility but only a minority of cases to prove it.
Professional service firm, demanding but fun environment
Apprenticeship Programmes Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London16 December 2018
The culture of bring your own self to work was the best thing about KPMG. Building networks and having a safe environment was highly valued. However, people are overworked and there was not much work life balance.
Every day was different in my role, it was important to keep the plates spinning and I thrived off of being kept busy and demanding projects being thrown at me.
The hardest part was the hours, the most enjoyable, seeing results and helping people progress as well as building my networks and being involved in external outreach to KPMG's clients.
Pros
Free Lunch, Yearly Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Pension, Mobile, Laptop
Cons
Long Hours, Management of my team in particular was not great - I had to do a lot of it
Great work life balance and salary potential, but poor management
Business Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2018
Whilst working for KPMG for 4 years has provided me with plenty of challenge and stretch opportunities, the way in which the Firm is managed lets the overall experience of working for KPMG down.

Business processes are poor and not fit for purpose, particular HR, Recruitment, Contractor onboarding, expenses and various other business services/processes.

The complex operating model and number of Partners chasing their own bottom line / bonuses make cross service line collaboration impossible!
Pros
Lunch allowance, flexible working
Cons
management, effective business processes
Nice people but felt under appreciated
Restructuring Associate (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 September 2018
The people are great however, there wasn't any scope for progression in my team and the salary didn't match the work I undertook. I was doing work above my pay grade but not getting the benefits.

Good culture with a particular focus on diversity and inclusion.
Pros
Social aspect, wide range of clients
Cons
Salary
Sophisticated
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2018
It was a very enjoyable experience. I got to learn more about the business. I was made aware of the different opportunities available to me. I had the chance to speak to staff from different areas of the business and learn more about their job role.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Early start
Great experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 September 2018
All staff I met there were friendly and helped me to the best of their ability, although I was only there for a weeks work experience, it was great to see how the business ran and how great all staff members worked with each other.
No work life balance at all
Banking Audit (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 May 2018
Great name to have on your CV and opens up a lot of opportunities.

However, thankless job of audit plus awful retention rate are leading to completely unsustainable levels of work universally. Every grade level unhappy and little support provided to improve this.

Very secure job, however this is because they are struggling to attract any decent talent, so if you want to stay and are willing to commit to regular 70 hour weeks (no longer just in busy season) this is the company for you.
Pros
the people, lunch allowance, opens up opportunities
Busy workplace
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 November 2018
Tough on work/life balance. Very driven but conflicted between advisory and audit areas. Not great support from management. Possibly keener on their clients than their staff.
Great place to learn and grow
File Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 January 2019
Work culture allows you to work and grow your experience with multiple opportunities to move into other areas. The hours are set to 8, no flexible working.
productive and fun place
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 August 2018
You can learn numerous things at KPMG and is a greta place to enhance your skills. From this work place I have learnt many things which is learning whilst working is great fun.
Pros
free lunches
Fantastic place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  London24 September 2018
I absolutely loved working at KPMG. They are a fantastic employer and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a professional career. Top quality place to work.
Best Company
Security Consultant (GSOC) (Former Employee) –  London12 November 2018
KMPG is best Company to work.I would strongly recommend to work
for KPMG. Very good work space culture for all nationality.

I enjoyed my stay at KPMG.
Cool
Infrastructure Service Centre Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 August 2018
It is a really cool place to work especially when starting out. The workplace culture is well established. Growth and development is definitely achievable.
Pros
Subsidized lunches
Cons
Clinical
Director (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 September 2018
Enjoyable, entrepreneurial atmosphere. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Lots of variety in different projects. Have travelled to quite a lot of interesting places.
Belief in the "Big 4" status arrogance is rife
Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 April 2018
Blood sweat and tears expected for a below market rate salary.
The worst company I've ever had the misfortune of being duped into working for.
Expect promises of rapid promotion and nice bonuses. Reality is a daily endurance test of your will to live.
The free lunch is a con, the only free thing you can get is a reformed chicken sandwich you will have to queue for most of your lunch break to get your hands on. - Essentially a ploy to keep you in the building.
No matter what level you are, hierarchy always rules and you will be treated as such.
Leaving on time and working your hours is frowned upon.
Pros
you receive a monthly pay check
Cons
you question your life choices on a daily basis
Ok
Events Executive (Former Employee) –  London17 October 2018
Not too sure on the work ethics as I didnt work there long enough to comment.
People didn't seem as friendly as other organisations but not to bad overall.
Fun for graduates
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London4 September 2018
Have 'in-takes' which you make friends with. Makes it fun / easier to integrate into the team. Company is large and have opportunity to second to other teams.
Pros
Free lunches
Something new every day
Unpaid Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London3 August 2018
Did two weeks summer work experience there and the team there were all very good at checking that you had something to do. Very positive working environment which was very friendly.
Audit Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  london30 July 2018
Benefits of starting your career at KPMG are an exposure to senior individuals, training and coaching. A fantastic amount of opportunities within the business.
Pros
lunch
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K