KPMG Employee Reviews in London

Belief in the "Big 4" status arrogance is rife
Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 April 2018
Blood sweat and tears expected for a below market rate salary.
The worst company I've ever had the misfortune of being duped into working for.
Expect promises of rapid promotion and nice bonuses. Reality is a daily endurance test of your will to live.
The free lunch is a con, the only free thing you can get is a reformed chicken sandwich you will have to queue for most of your lunch break to get your hands on. - Essentially a ploy to keep you in the building.
No matter what level you are, hierarchy always rules and you will be treated as such.
Leaving on time and working your hours is frowned upon.
Pros
you receive a monthly pay check
Cons
you question your life choices on a daily basis
revewi
Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  London25 April 2018
You will love to work with good and highly skilled people. People are nice, work culture is great, not much restriction. Easy to reach people, Lots of opportunities to explore, multiple skills you can developed
Contractor review
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  London20 April 2018
Being a contractor, allowed me to see the internal politics of the hierarchical structure complicate what could be a very nice work environment.

Most people here are self driven and know what needs to be done, enjoy their jobs and get on with it.

The work life balance is not very good and often too much is expected of the staff.
Busy, fun place
Contract Caterer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 April 2018
I enjoyed working there, although I was only a contractor. I worked for a contractor, but dealt with KPMG employees on a daily basis. There were high standards required, but generally understanding of our challenges.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Demanding, challenging.
Challenging environment
Project lead (Former Employee) –  london5 March 2018
Nice growth, good culture, excellent opportunities to meet new people, very understanding staff.

Can be a bit busy during peak seasons but its fun to work with people.
Great Company to Work For
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 February 2018
KPMG are a great company to work for, varied workload, exciting opportunities, good training programmes, nice offices, good performance management system in place, lovely people and networking groups. Wish I had never left!!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long Hours
site sevice support
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  London12 February 2018
Very busy environment to work in which makes it very interesting supporting clients with various problems when problems are beyond our scope we have to forward it to the next level
Good team
Student Recruitment Coordination Manager (Former Employee) –  London16 January 2018
Great team - the best thing about KPMG is the people. comuting and salary are not so great. lots of oppotunities to learn new skills and they respond well if you are focused on climbing hte ladder.
Productive and fun place
Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 January 2018
KPMG is a great place to work and I truly enjoyed working here.The workplace is encouraging and provides ample learning opportunities for growth. Working in KPMG gives you the opportunity to collaborate with different companies and get in touch with people who hold high levels of company management. The work is challenging and provides value addition to one's resume, KPMG being one of the Big four audit firms
Regret leaving this company
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  London UK21 December 2017
KPMG is a fantastic company to work for. I would recommend them to anyone. It is what you make it. If you want to advance you'll have all the opportunities you want to learn new things and branch off into different avenues.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Sometimes you could feel like a number, and not a person
Big 4 accounting firm
Director (Former Employee) –  London17 December 2017
A big 4 accounting firm. Very risk averse, audit concerns continually interfered with the business of consultancy. A good place to work but an average place to build a business.
Developpement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Londres12 December 2017
Excellente opportunitees de developpement personnel
Many many years ago and still as busy today
Secretary to Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 December 2017
I worked here as a secretary many years ago. We had 6 secretaries rammed into a tiny room, one of which was not easy to get along and you're stuck with them day in day out!. It's probably changed in that respect but as to the job we were inundated. Looking at the job spec now it's just as bad. They pile the work on you... tons to type, phones constantly ringing, no time to even get a cup of tea. Day in day out you'll be worked to be bone for that salary. Don't say I didn't warn you! Just look at the list of duties!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work overload
Excellent for career focused management consultants
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 November 2017
A great place to work with an unrivalled culture if you are keen to put management consulting above other life commitments. The firm rewards those who truly commit to this lifestyle. It is not for everyone.
Productive and fun work place
Events Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 November 2017
Enjoyed the work Experience programme that I was referred to through my secondary school. I worked alongside a events manager at kpmg to arrange an event for all the colleagues at KPMG
Good stepping stone
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London30 October 2017
Learnt a lot with KPMG.
Offer great progression and opportunities to learn.
Competitor salary.
Good exposure to clients.
Ability of take on respossinility early.
Can move around company quite easily.
Management Consulting
Management Consultant - Strategy & Operations (Former Employee) –  London25 October 2017
KPMG really puts emphasis on people and the culture and is by far one of the most supportive and culture rich organisations I have worked at.

There is less emphasis on the bottom line all the time and more on doing things taking the team and client into account. The Firm also spends a lot on people and events and performance reviews.
Pros
Daily lunch allowance, on client site and work premises
Cons
work life balance can suffer
Not suitable for long term development in financial technology field
Actuary (Current Employee) –  London25 September 2017
Main business is consulting work, not enough focus on technology innovation. Working environment is flexible. Suitable for graduate to gain more fundamental knowledge.
Big organisation
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 August 2017
A large ogansation, which has lots to offer. Lots of potential to mix with other departments.
A vibrant workforce with flexible working arrangements.
good work balance life
(Restaurant Associate) / Food Hygiene Trainer (Former Employee) –  london31 July 2017
riendly management good environment work life is a lot of hours but staff are friendly. cover each other my manager was like a gem.good place to learn some really high profile guest
Pros
very nice
Cons
mondays to friday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K