KPMG Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 4,719 reviews
Good Company
Payroll Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham21 August 2018
Good company to gain industry experience.Very nice working environment and the benefits are good too.
Most enjoyable part of the job is that you can work from home.
Firm is too stuffy for own good
Secretary/PA (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 June 2018
Sometimes it can be hugely stressful here which affects work/life balance, everything is monitoring by managers who don't pull their weight, they just like to assert power over people.
Pros
Subsidised Lunch
Cons
Long Hours, constantly monitored
One day work experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands31 July 2017
One day work experience where I learnt about the different sides of the company and what is involved in their 360 and audit school leaver program. Opportunity to look around workplace and get a general feeling.
Great palce to work
Business Development/Audit department (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 June 2017
Friendly workers and made me feel welcome. Although i was just on work experience, they made me feel part of the team and helped me whenever i was stuck
Too many layers of hierarchy
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 April 2017
Usual secretarial duties in a Big 4 accountancy firm. Not keen on the layers of hierarchy and management.

Otherwise ok firm to work for but salary could be higher for what we do
Pros
Benefits + free lunch
Cons
Salary not very competitive
A good place to learn latest science
Managing Data/Analytics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, UK5 April 2017
Great for training on all latest technologies
Difficult to get too
Work hugely varied
can be a lot of travelling
Fast paced and pressurised which is par for the course in consultancy
Pros
Pension scheme
Cons
Long hours and travel
Secure
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 December 2016
During my time at KPMG, I received plenty of support and was exposed to many different areas of the business. I learned many new skills and gained knowledge however the Salary compared to the workload did not suffice.
Productive and fun
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 September 2016
Great place to work. Great people. Lots of responsibility. Demanding role and challenging at times. Loved the boss that I worked for. Most enjoyable working on different estates and visiting them.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
It was a good working place
kitchen porter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham9 July 2016
The kitchen is provide a excellent food for the customers.
Got more experience how to clean and make a kitchen to be a most hygienic place in the company.
Chefs are very kind and friendly people, it was good to working with them.
Pros
free coffee
Team Secretary (Current Employee) –  Birmingham13 March 2016
I work for two large teams in an extremely busy tax department. My role is varied with tasks such as e-travel, diary management, billing, typing of letters, reports, producing PowerPoints and arranging seminars.

Outside my core role I am a Charity Champion, this involves communicating to the entire Birmingham office, arranging charity events/seminars and being responsible for the collecting and banking funds.

Working for a large company and the roles I undertake, I have learned to communicate to a wider audience, be part of a larger team of individuals and have become experienced with a wide range of systems.

I work closely with my co-workers to ensure that we all have good working relationships, this enables us to assist each other and cover in their absence.

I arrange regular meetings with my core departmental managers, this not only maintains a good working relationship but also gives me an understanding of what they’re currently working on and discuss ways in which I can lighten their workload.

I would say the hardest part of my role would be working with individuals who are not team players but I work to overcome this by having regular meetings.

I enjoy the variety of my core and non-core roles and getting involved with events both inside and outside of work
Pros
Free lunches, benefits
Co-Workers
Audit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG26 September 2015
KPMG promotes team work and employees are enthusiastic. I would highly recommend this company and encourage people to consider applying for a job here.
No work life balance and mass level politics
Audit Manager- (Current Employee) –  Birmingham2 September 2015
- Had worse experience in KPMG out of all big 4s.
- All about face timing.
- No accountability of seniors.
- No work life balance.
- Lack of career progression.
- High staff turnover
Pros
Cons
No pros
Great place to work, with great opportunities for advancement.
Insolvency administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG3 August 2015
There are many different areas to chose from when working at KPMG, and many opportunities for advancement.

The culture at KPMG is values lead, for example:

We lead by example
We act with integrity

If you wish to work for one of the top companies with opportunities to re locate or advance, I would highly recommend KPMG.
Pros
Lunch allowance, performance related pay rise and bonus, profit related bonus
Productive and Good opportunites
Graduate Team Leader / Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG15 April 2014
• Past Business Review & Complaints of Investment Sales for a large UK bank.
• Calculating redress for mis-sold investment products including bonds, pensions, ISAs, unit trusts, OEICs, trusts and annuities.
• Producing letters for customers detailing the review outcome and breakdowns of calculations performed for redress.
• Dealing with customer enquiries and complaint handling over phone whilst adhering to security and confidentiality regulations.
• Leading a team of graduates supporting them to meet and exceed targets as well as maintaining a high level of quality in work produced.
• Quality checking of work completed to ensure it meets FCA regulations and guidelines.
• Producing training materials including calculation methodologies and letter writing procedures for team members.
Excelllent company to work for.
Contractor - File (Former Employee) –  Birmingham30 September 2013
Professional colleagues. Excellent working environment and work ethos.
Pros
Good company both at work and after work team building
Cons
I was working away from home and it was affecting my family.