KPMG Employee Reviews

Found 268 reviews matching the search See all 4,870 reviews
Boys club
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow28 November 2018
I eventually resigned from the boys club where men get promoted 10 times faster and are treated infinitely better than women. Long hours under immense pressure are expected, with very little thanks and they will find any excuse to get out of paying bonuses or salary increases to anybody below senior management.

To be fair, I believe other areas of KPMG (eg audit and tax) have much better cultures but avoid restructuring at all costs if you are female and have any sort of career aspirations except to get it on your CV.
Pros
Looks good on your CV, learn a lot
Cons
Poor progression, boys club, poor pay
A nice experience which gave me the chance to explore the audit department
Audit Department, Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Larnaca, Cyprus22 November 2018
It was a nice experience that gave me the chance to cooperate with experienced people on the field but also the opportunity to ask and learn about how the audit process is going on everyday.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not too much tasks to do
Worst company I ever worked for
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Provincia di Firenze, Toscana17 November 2018
From unpaid overtime to Christmas and weekend compulsory inventories to 9 am to 9 pm working hours. All the worst you can find in a company KPMG has it.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Long hours, no respect for employees, low pay
Falling quick - Audit
Senior Staff (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 November 2018
1.) Job Work/Life Balance : good news is there is no more busy-season, bad news is that that is due to being busy all year. You'll still be slammed Jan - April, but expect your May - September to be busy and your Nov - Dec to clash with holiday plans. Expect to work 1 - 2 weekends during non- busy season months. Additionally, due to the negative press; expect to spend 10-20 hours a month on mandatory audit quality training.
2.) Salary/Benefits : KPMG admits that they trail the other big four firms. They are attempting to remedy the situation. However, with the announcement to drop consulting work for audit clients, I believe they'll use that as an excuse to flat-line salaries. Lobby hard to get a better starting salary. They need you more than you need them.
3.) Job Security : good news is you'll be relatively safe, bad news is that is because they can't afford to lose anymore staff. Same goes for advancement, great opportunity from all the turnover. However, staff have continually refused promotions to ensure their resignation period stays at a shorter period and/or to avoid the pain they see seniors in.
4.) Management (Directors and above): I have no idea what they are doing besides overselling their practices. To be fair, that's not a bad thing if they implemented an effective staffing plan, but they haven't. They are very disconnected from their staff and will stroll by the staff rows on their way out at 5pm. That said; it's a mixed bag on knowledge and helpfulness.
5.) Job Culture: The staff are very friendly and welcoming. Central teams are extremely helpful. Everyone
  more... is generally good natured. The morale is very low though; constant strain of increase in audit quality, with less staff, and tight budgets (as always), with extended busy seasons has really impacted morale. Additionally, performance reviews have done little to consider the excessive situations staff are put in by the partners ridiculous concessions.

tl;dr Due to work life balance and increase demand for quality with little attempt to compensate with staff / pay, I would not accept a position within KPMG Audit.
Pros
Central office
Cons
See review
Not a healthy environment
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 November 2018
Too many partners and not enough doers. Becomes totally chaotic as each partner has a different opinion of client deliverable. So much rework and wasted energy. Work is over sold and then inexperienced teams are shipped out to manage the inevitable fallout. Expectations are high which is good but due to perpetual ‘good’ staff shortages, the burden to deliver weighs heavy and there is often little to no support. A lot of quotas and lip service about diversity and flexibility but only a minority of cases to prove it.
Best Company
Security Consultant (GSOC) (Former Employee) –  London12 November 2018
KMPG is best Company to work.I would strongly recommend to work
for KPMG. Very good work space culture for all nationality.

I enjoyed my stay at KPMG.
Busy workplace
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 November 2018
Tough on work/life balance. Very driven but conflicted between advisory and audit areas. Not great support from management. Possibly keener on their clients than their staff.
Great opportunities
Sector Executive (Current Employee) –  Bristol30 October 2018
so much potential to progress - I built a good network of peers and senior stakeholders which put me in good stead for future opportunities. Get involved in lots
Pros
Free lunch
Ok
Events Executive (Former Employee) –  London17 October 2018
Not too sure on the work ethics as I didnt work there long enough to comment.
People didn't seem as friendly as other organisations but not to bad overall.
Great
Market Researcher (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 October 2018
KPMG was a great place to work because it taught me lots about how to deal with customer service which helped me to grow as a person and to therefore gain more experience for the future.
Pros
Free Hot Chocolate Machines
Cons
Long Hours
Great work life balance and salary potential, but poor management
Business Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2018
Whilst working for KPMG for 4 years has provided me with plenty of challenge and stretch opportunities, the way in which the Firm is managed lets the overall experience of working for KPMG down.

Business processes are poor and not fit for purpose, particular HR, Recruitment, Contractor onboarding, expenses and various other business services/processes.

The complex operating model and number of Partners chasing their own bottom line / bonuses make cross service line collaboration impossible!
Pros
Lunch allowance, flexible working
Cons
management, effective business processes
A long time ago so not relevant
Chartered Accountant (Former Employee) –  North West3 October 2018
Back in the day a great place to train as an auditor and qualify as an ACA. Interesting work and very good partners who were invested in the staff. Highly recommend
Pros
Quality of training
Sophisticated
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2018
It was a very enjoyable experience. I got to learn more about the business. I was made aware of the different opportunities available to me. I had the chance to speak to staff from different areas of the business and learn more about their job role.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Early start
Nice people but felt under appreciated
Restructuring Associate (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 September 2018
The people are great however, there wasn't any scope for progression in my team and the salary didn't match the work I undertook. I was doing work above my pay grade but not getting the benefits.

Good culture with a particular focus on diversity and inclusion.
Pros
Social aspect, wide range of clients
Cons
Salary
Fantastic place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  London24 September 2018
I absolutely loved working at KPMG. They are a fantastic employer and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a professional career. Top quality place to work.
Very friendly and helpful staff - fantastic working environment.
Print Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London17 September 2018
I have found KPMG a fantastic place to work. The management is very employee-centric and lives their great working values.
The workplace culture is relaxed and supportive which has made the transition into this organisation seamless and comfortable.
The most enjoyable part of my role is being able to be suggestive rather than objective when it comes to managing the 3rd party supplier that I manage.
After being a 3rd party supplier myself (during my 15 years at Xerox) I find I have a firm understanding of the day to day challenges that a 3rd party may face in such an organisation, this enables me to make balanced, fair decisions which in turn favors both the end users and the supplier.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible working
Great experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 September 2018
All staff I met there were friendly and helped me to the best of their ability, although I was only there for a weeks work experience, it was great to see how the business ran and how great all staff members worked with each other.
Director (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 September 2018
Enjoyable, entrepreneurial atmosphere. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Lots of variety in different projects. Have travelled to quite a lot of interesting places.
Fun for graduates
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London4 September 2018
Have 'in-takes' which you make friends with. Makes it fun / easier to integrate into the team. Company is large and have opportunity to second to other teams.
Pros
Free lunches
fun and memorable
External auditor (Former Employee) –  MY2 September 2018
- You get hands-on exposure in dealing with clients and assisting the project director and associates
- You get to network with not just employees with KPMG but with the client's project team as well
- You get the chance to see how a multinational corporation functions in terms of the checks and balances that go into every decision made

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K