KPMG Employee Reviews

Great
Market Researcher (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 October 2018
KPMG was a great place to work because it taught me lots about how to deal with customer service which helped me to grow as a person and to therefore gain more experience for the future.
Pros
Free Hot Chocolate Machines
Cons
Long Hours
Great work life balance and salary potential, but poor management
Business Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2018
Whilst working for KPMG for 4 years has provided me with plenty of challenge and stretch opportunities, the way in which the Firm is managed lets the overall experience of working for KPMG down.

Business processes are poor and not fit for purpose, particular HR, Recruitment, Contractor onboarding, expenses and various other business services/processes.

The complex operating model and number of Partners chasing their own bottom line / bonuses make cross service line collaboration impossible!
Pros
Lunch allowance, flexible working
Cons
management, effective business processes
A long time ago so not relevant
Chartered Accountant (Former Employee) –  North West3 October 2018
Back in the day a great place to train as an auditor and qualify as an ACA. Interesting work and very good partners who were invested in the staff. Highly recommend
Pros
Quality of training
Sophisticated
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2018
It was a very enjoyable experience. I got to learn more about the business. I was made aware of the different opportunities available to me. I had the chance to speak to staff from different areas of the business and learn more about their job role.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Early start
Nice people but felt under appreciated
Restructuring Associate (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 September 2018
The people are great however, there wasn't any scope for progression in my team and the salary didn't match the work I undertook. I was doing work above my pay grade but not getting the benefits.

Good culture with a particular focus on diversity and inclusion.
Pros
Social aspect, wide range of clients
Cons
Salary
Fantastic place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  London24 September 2018
I absolutely loved working at KPMG. They are a fantastic employer and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a professional career. Top quality place to work.
Very friendly and helpful staff - fantastic working environment.
Print Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London17 September 2018
I have found KPMG a fantastic place to work. The management is very employee-centric and lives their great working values.
The workplace culture is relaxed and supportive which has made the transition into this organisation seamless and comfortable.
The most enjoyable part of my role is being able to be suggestive rather than objective when it comes to managing the 3rd party supplier that I manage.
After being a 3rd party supplier myself (during my 15 years at Xerox) I find I have a firm understanding of the day to day challenges that a 3rd party may face in such an organisation, this enables me to make balanced, fair decisions which in turn favors both the end users and the supplier.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible working
Great experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 September 2018
All staff I met there were friendly and helped me to the best of their ability, although I was only there for a weeks work experience, it was great to see how the business ran and how great all staff members worked with each other.
Director (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 September 2018
Enjoyable, entrepreneurial atmosphere. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Lots of variety in different projects. Have travelled to quite a lot of interesting places.
Fun for graduates
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London4 September 2018
Have 'in-takes' which you make friends with. Makes it fun / easier to integrate into the team. Company is large and have opportunity to second to other teams.
Pros
Free lunches
fun and memorable
External auditor (Former Employee) –  MY2 September 2018
- You get hands-on exposure in dealing with clients and assisting the project director and associates
- You get to network with not just employees with KPMG but with the client's project team as well
- You get the chance to see how a multinational corporation functions in terms of the checks and balances that go into every decision made
productive and fun place
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 August 2018
You can learn numerous things at KPMG and is a greta place to enhance your skills. From this work place I have learnt many things which is learning whilst working is great fun.
Pros
free lunches
developing work place
Payroll Officer, Small Business Accounts (Former Employee) –  Birmingham24 August 2018
I spent in KPMG 12 months, I meet amazing people and team and clients. I just regret that department could not survive and redundancy process occur.
I miss only investments in employee development. However team and clients bring me lot experience as a new payroll officer.
Pros
good deployment
Cons
lack of balance work life
Good Company
Payroll Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham21 August 2018
Good company to gain industry experience.Very nice working environment and the benefits are good too.
Most enjoyable part of the job is that you can work from home.
Cool
Infrastructure Service Centre Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 August 2018
It is a really cool place to work especially when starting out. The workplace culture is well established. Growth and development is definitely achievable.
Pros
Subsidized lunches
Cons
Clinical
Profit focused - London centric
Working Capital Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 August 2018
As my role and location are unique at KPMG I am unable to write a confidential review. I would not feel comfortable about either publicly recommending or disparaging the company in its present state for potential employees.
Something new every day
Unpaid Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London3 August 2018
Did two weeks summer work experience there and the team there were all very good at checking that you had something to do. Very positive working environment which was very friendly.
Audit Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  london30 July 2018
Benefits of starting your career at KPMG are an exposure to senior individuals, training and coaching. A fantastic amount of opportunities within the business.
Pros
lunch
Cons
hours
Great work culture, very friendly and welcoming
Intern (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf26 July 2018
I interned here and was sadly not put in the role that I was expecting. Despite this, I was able to speak to many different people from various departments who were all very welcoming and friendly so was nice to chat to people and find more about the company.
Pros
Really tasty, subsidised lunches with lots of options
Cons
Being in Canary Wharf
Lead Senior Tax Auditor (Former Employee) –  Philippines14 July 2018
Competitive and qualified set of individuals steer KPMG to a way that is in consonance its Mission and Vision. I personally experience this during my stay with KPMG, where in our CEO and COO were proactive in making things possible for the organization despite the trials we experience due to the the steep competition between the Big 4 firms. They never backed-down and continued to motivate us to keep our spot as one of the strongest accounting firms in the country.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K