KPMG Employee Reviews

Profit focused - London centric
Working Capital Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 August 2018
As my role and location are unique at KPMG I am unable to write a confidential review. I would not feel comfortable about either publicly recommending or disparaging the company in its present state for potential employees.
Audit Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  london30 July 2018
Benefits of starting your career at KPMG are an exposure to senior individuals, training and coaching. A fantastic amount of opportunities within the business.
Pros
lunch
Cons
hours
Great work culture, very friendly and welcoming
Intern (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf26 July 2018
I interned here and was sadly not put in the role that I was expecting. Despite this, I was able to speak to many different people from various departments who were all very welcoming and friendly so was nice to chat to people and find more about the company.
Pros
Really tasty, subsidised lunches with lots of options
Cons
Being in Canary Wharf
Lead Senior Tax Auditor (Former Employee) –  Philippines14 July 2018
Competitive and qualified set of individuals steer KPMG to a way that is in consonance its Mission and Vision. I personally experience this during my stay with KPMG, where in our CEO and COO were proactive in making things possible for the organization despite the trials we experience due to the the steep competition between the Big 4 firms. They never backed-down and continued to motivate us to keep our spot as one of the strongest accounting firms in the country.
Support Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire11 July 2018
I enjoy working for KPMG as it is a reputable company, I have met some amazing people and enjoy the role I'm currently in, there's a lot of scope to grow and gain experience.
Pros
Working for the big four
Cons
Screening
Excellent company
"Accountant Management" (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 June 2018
excellent company to work for, flexible timing learned a lot from company environment amazing multiple workplace environment
hardest part of the job is time management
Pros
paid holidays and air tickets
Firm is too stuffy for own good
Secretary/PA (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 June 2018
Sometimes it can be hugely stressful here which affects work/life balance, everything is monitoring by managers who don't pull their weight, they just like to assert power over people.
Pros
Subsidised Lunch
Cons
Long Hours, constantly monitored
Swiss Post Solutions
Post Room Operative (Former Employee) –  Cardiff Bay, Cardiff4 June 2018
Was employed by SwissPost Solutions but at KPMG...

KPMG was a lovely place to work, great colleague, great communication and team etc..

Swiss Post Solutions, my employer was based at a different location..

They made me redundant with no real reason or explanation, I was offered a transfer but had a young family so no good.
No work life balance at all
Banking Audit (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 May 2018
Great name to have on your CV and opens up a lot of opportunities.

However, thankless job of audit plus awful retention rate are leading to completely unsustainable levels of work universally. Every grade level unhappy and little support provided to improve this.

Very secure job, however this is because they are struggling to attract any decent talent, so if you want to stay and are willing to commit to regular 70 hour weeks (no longer just in busy season) this is the company for you.
Pros
the people, lunch allowance, opens up opportunities
Great for work experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2018
A great project to get involved in for work experience with a great lunch and very friendly staff that were easy to talk to. Also very willing to help when needs be.
Used to be a good place to work - not so now.
Senior Analyst - Facilities Technology. (Former Employee) –  Canada Square, Canary Wharf10 May 2018
KPMG have been going slowly down hill for the last seven years or so - they are losing key staff right, ,left and centre. A pity as they used to be a excellent place to work. Poor senior management and a very short term outlook on business is to blame. I used to love working there, but now I am glad to move on.
Pros
Great inclusive culture
Cons
Very long hours / weekend and evening work expected for no overtime.
Internship
Management Consulting Intern (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 May 2018
KPMG LLP, Manchester, UK – Management Consulting Intern

I was working on there Jan 2018 – Feb 2018 a short-term internship placement working for a Senior Consultant, within IT Advisory.
very insightful
Insight Day (Former Employee) –  brimingham4 May 2018
very insightful day learning about KPMG and how the firm operates in its environment. great talks from managers in each areas. great team work exercise
good place to start career
Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 May 2018
Good place to start your career and to learn basic skills. A good base for transition into more analytical jobs (it is Research, Commercial Finance or M&A).
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Long hours from time to time
Good overview
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol27 April 2018
One week work experience. Provided a good overview of the business. I particularly enjoyed my time in the Private Client department. A nice working environment.
Unpleasant work environment and poor work/life balance
Trainee Accountant/Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London26 April 2018
Management are poor with regards to your concerns and worries. There is an extremely unpleasant work environment and poor work/life balance which people see as normal within KPMG. If you are interested in just working for the rest of your life, this company is not for you.
Pros
Lunch Allowance
Belief in the "Big 4" status arrogance is rife
Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 April 2018
Blood sweat and tears expected for a below market rate salary.
The worst company I've ever had the misfortune of being duped into working for.
Expect promises of rapid promotion and nice bonuses. Reality is a daily endurance test of your will to live.
The free lunch is a con, the only free thing you can get is a reformed chicken sandwich you will have to queue for most of your lunch break to get your hands on. - Essentially a ploy to keep you in the building.
No matter what level you are, hierarchy always rules and you will be treated as such.
Leaving on time and working your hours is frowned upon.
Pros
you receive a monthly pay check
Cons
you question your life choices on a daily basis
work experience
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds25 April 2018
work experience
I throughly enjoyed this experience I met a lot of people who have given me a lot of good advice and to keep working for my apprenticeship. I owe a lot to them for the role they have played.
Pros
Free lunches
revewi
Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  London25 April 2018
You will love to work with good and highly skilled people. People are nice, work culture is great, not much restriction. Easy to reach people, Lots of opportunities to explore, multiple skills you can developed
Contractor review
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  London20 April 2018
Being a contractor, allowed me to see the internal politics of the hierarchical structure complicate what could be a very nice work environment.

Most people here are self driven and know what needs to be done, enjoy their jobs and get on with it.

The work life balance is not very good and often too much is expected of the staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K