KPMG Employee Reviews

Firm is too stuffy for own good
Secretary/PA (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 June 2018
Sometimes it can be hugely stressful here which affects work/life balance, everything is monitoring by managers who don't pull their weight, they just like to assert power over people.
Pros
Subsidised Lunch
Cons
Long Hours, constantly monitored
Swiss Post Solutions
Post Room Operative (Former Employee) –  Cardiff Bay, Cardiff4 June 2018
Was employed by SwissPost Solutions but at KPMG...

KPMG was a lovely place to work, great colleague, great communication and team etc..

Swiss Post Solutions, my employer was based at a different location..

They made me redundant with no real reason or explanation, I was offered a transfer but had a young family so no good.
No work life balance at all
Banking Audit (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 May 2018
Great name to have on your CV and opens up a lot of opportunities.

However, thankless job of audit plus awful retention rate are leading to completely unsustainable levels of work universally. Every grade level unhappy and little support provided to improve this.

Very secure job, however this is because they are struggling to attract any decent talent, so if you want to stay and are willing to commit to regular 70 hour weeks (no longer just in busy season) this is the company for you.
Pros
the people, lunch allowance, opens up opportunities
Great for work experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2018
A great project to get involved in for work experience with a great lunch and very friendly staff that were easy to talk to. Also very willing to help when needs be.
Used to be a good place to work - not so now.
Senior Analyst - Facilities Technology. (Former Employee) –  Canada Square, Canary Wharf10 May 2018
KPMG have been going slowly down hill for the last seven years or so - they are losing key staff right, ,left and centre. A pity as they used to be a excellent place to work. Poor senior management and a very short term outlook on business is to blame. I used to love working there, but now I am glad to move on.
Pros
Great inclusive culture
Cons
Very long hours / weekend and evening work expected for no overtime.
Internship
Management Consulting Intern (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 May 2018
KPMG LLP, Manchester, UK – Management Consulting Intern

I was working on there Jan 2018 – Feb 2018 a short-term internship placement working for a Senior Consultant, within IT Advisory.
very insightful
Insight Day (Former Employee) –  brimingham4 May 2018
very insightful day learning about KPMG and how the firm operates in its environment. great talks from managers in each areas. great team work exercise
good place to start career
Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 May 2018
Good place to start your career and to learn basic skills. A good base for transition into more analytical jobs (it is Research, Commercial Finance or M&A).
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Long hours from time to time
Good overview
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol27 April 2018
One week work experience. Provided a good overview of the business. I particularly enjoyed my time in the Private Client department. A nice working environment.
Unpleasant work environment and poor work/life balance
Trainee Accountant/Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London26 April 2018
Management are poor with regards to your concerns and worries. There is an extremely unpleasant work environment and poor work/life balance which people see as normal within KPMG. If you are interested in just working for the rest of your life, this company is not for you.
Pros
Lunch Allowance
Belief in the "Big 4" status arrogance is rife
Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 April 2018
Blood sweat and tears expected for a below market rate salary.
The worst company I've ever had the misfortune of being duped into working for.
Expect promises of rapid promotion and nice bonuses. Reality is a daily endurance test of your will to live.
The free lunch is a con, the only free thing you can get is a reformed chicken sandwich you will have to queue for most of your lunch break to get your hands on. - Essentially a ploy to keep you in the building.
No matter what level you are, hierarchy always rules and you will be treated as such.
Leaving on time and working your hours is frowned upon.
Pros
you receive a monthly pay check
Cons
you question your life choices on a daily basis
work experience
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds25 April 2018
work experience
I throughly enjoyed this experience I met a lot of people who have given me a lot of good advice and to keep working for my apprenticeship. I owe a lot to them for the role they have played.
Pros
Free lunches
revewi
Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  London25 April 2018
You will love to work with good and highly skilled people. People are nice, work culture is great, not much restriction. Easy to reach people, Lots of opportunities to explore, multiple skills you can developed
Contractor review
Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) –  London20 April 2018
Being a contractor, allowed me to see the internal politics of the hierarchical structure complicate what could be a very nice work environment.

Most people here are self driven and know what needs to be done, enjoy their jobs and get on with it.

The work life balance is not very good and often too much is expected of the staff.
Busy, fun place
Contract Caterer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 April 2018
I enjoyed working there, although I was only a contractor. I worked for a contractor, but dealt with KPMG employees on a daily basis. There were high standards required, but generally understanding of our challenges.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Demanding, challenging.
Company that invest in its people thus greatly improving productivity.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Montego Bay30 March 2018
It was a an excellent learning experience. I learnt the practicality of my discipline. I saw how mistakes can make serious implication for the establishment. I undestood the importance of diversity and personality differences.
Pros
networking opportunities, knowledge utilized practically, social company funded event
Nice work environment
audit assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London19 March 2018
- It's a young working environment so if you're young, there are lots of like-minded individuals
- If you have extenuating circumstances, the firm is very understanding. There are lots of people you can speak to about any issues.
- Good structure
Pros
lunch allowance, phone
Good company
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge7 March 2018
A working day goes quick. Helpful towards getting the home and work life balance.
Great people to work with, lots of socialising events organised by the company
Challenging environment
Project lead (Former Employee) –  london5 March 2018
Nice growth, good culture, excellent opportunities to meet new people, very understanding staff.

Can be a bit busy during peak seasons but its fun to work with people.
Great Company to Work For
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 February 2018
KPMG are a great company to work for, varied workload, exciting opportunities, good training programmes, nice offices, good performance management system in place, lovely people and networking groups. Wish I had never left!!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K