Here to help: Coronavirus update

KPMG Employee Reviews

United Kingdom363 reviews
Fantastic place to work
fantastic place to work but not for the faint hearted. Be prepared to give your best and you must be heads on. good place to work because of diversity
KPMG Glasgow is not a good place to work. They are too arrogant to accept when they are making mistakes. Client was never satisfied. KPMG also made a simple task looked complex. The rate of staff turnover is ridiculously high. About 4 staffs resign every week but KPMG still didn't care as they believe people are on waiting list to join the firm.
Lazy and Unhelpful Seniors
I worked part time for the company as a student (contractor). My seniors were terribly unhelpful and disinterested.

Travelled to an induction day scheduled from 12pm - 4pm - no one at the reception knew who I was or why I was there when I arrived, was there for 45 mins and sent the powerpoint to go through at home because my senior skimmed through it so quickly, even though they knew it took 6hrs for me to travel in total! It was clear from the beginning they were disinterested and could not be bothered to help me out.

Was promised a certain rate, then it unravelled that I was being paid a lot less than promised! I also had to sign the same forms multiple times as the company did not keep my documents correctly.

I would NEVER work for a company like this ever again! Just lucky I experienced it early in my career.
Great team
Upside - Throughout my time I worked in a great team, everyone’s as willing to help each other out.
Downside - If you wanted to progress it had to be outside of business support. Also the goal setting and yearly reviews were only beneficially to those not in the firm a long time.
extremely long hours and no support
extremely long hours and no support. You are send to the war alone with no weapons. The scope of work keeps increasing and you basically need to figure out how to survive - and even when you work 16-18 hour days abroad only coming back Friday nights, you are expected to do "extra curricular" activities and participate in the social events - because at the end of the year, you are measure against your peers based on the not objective feedback you request to whoever you want.. so you better like making friends over beer at the bar
people are very mean
people are not very nice, work is stressful, review process is not fair, there is also discrimination, and harassment, do not recommend if have other choices.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, mean people
A very productive workplace
Very professional environment with a good working culture. The job involved a lot of travel and the cost of these were generously covered by my employer. A very good place to work with brilliant minds to work along. Very challenging an environment with a result driven culture.
Okay place to work
Okay place to work.
Could be better when it comes to information.

Be a bit more respectful of family concerns.

Partners are not that skilled and require assistance on basic tasks.

Overall it felt like a bit of a care home.
It was a fun fast paced work environment
I only worked there briefly as a part timer whilst I was still signed to an agency. My shifts always felt shorter than they were due to the fast paced nature of the job. Even to this day I only have good memories of it.
Driven and supportive work culture
Collection of very talented, hard-working individuals who are committed to ensuring that the team is as successful as it can be. Flexible working arrangement enables you to be independent and take responsibility for your own workload.
Good company to work for, with opportunity to relocate around the world
I enjoyed my time with KPMG, as my colleagues were friendly, hardworking and professional. The work was both on-site and off-site, providing variation which is beneficial for both personal and professional growth.
Great chance to broaden your experience
Great chance to try working in new areas and on multiple various projects
Worked in various sectors

Team are great to work with

Can be isolating depending on projects

Need to get to know the right people
This is/was a good place to work at and enjoyed my contract time there.
C'est / était un bon endroit pour travailler et j'ai apprécié mon contrat.

Tai yra / buvo gera vieta dirbti ir džiaugtis mano darbo laiku ten.
People-friendly place to work
KPMG is in principle a good place to work and looks well after its employees, however pay for support staff is not too great, and career progression is minimal at the moment, unless you take a total career change. Sometimes you feel support staff are not valued enough for the job they do and workload can be too high. However, it's the people who work there who make it a good place to work. And once you settle in, the dress code is pretty relaxed, unless you are in a client-facing role.
Amazing range of experiences
I've rotated around every department of KPMG. The experience KPMG has to offer is extremely beneficial for any young aspiring entrepreneur and accountant.
ok
It was okay, not much balance between work and life and as an apprentice you were likely to have even less time due to exams. Pay was competitive but recognition for work was minimul.
Productive and communicative working envirnment
It was a brilliant opportunity to gain my fist professional experience at the real audit engagements and launch my career with one of the most world known names in audit, tax and advisory. My summer internship at KPMG helped me gain relevant experience to my university studies and improved my customer service and communication skills. As a first touch with the actual working environment, I learned how to prepare high-quality financial statements and perform some auditing collaborating with my colleagues in that department to complete the tasks.
Good people are key
A key value at KPMG for me is respecting the individual. I expect to be treated the way I treat others. My current team are all about helping each other whether they be having a stressful time or in need of recognition for achieving a great result on a piece of work. If something does not work properly, discuss ways to move forward and work together. The smallest acts of kindness can go a long way in keeping a happy and motivated team.
The brand is exploitative - do not join
KPMG is entirely exploitative towards its audit staff especially given the nature of the in-house and outsourcing functions that prey on the desperation new joiners. Unacceptable for a brand that mooches of parading itself as a pioneer of work-life balance.
Cons
Long hours with no overtime but bad reviews if you do not work 12 hour days
Competitive but friendly work environment
Provided great day to day insight into the roles of the KPMG employees.
Employees were keen to interact with the interns to share useful information and the hospitality provided was 5 star.
A good firm for a long-term and stable career
KPMG is an excellent firm to commence a long-term accounting career as there are many avenues to take which are available to those who are hard-working and career-minded.
Pros
Lunch allowance
Cons
Pressure to complete deadline