KP Snacks

KP Snacks Employee Reviews

United Kingdom51 reviews
Rotating shifts for the most but this does depends which area you work in. You can plan around these I find. Overtime optional. Busy site producing some great snacks. Team work surrounds the values of the site however like everywhere you get good and bad, you choose how you want to be. Week 1 is spent with the training team and then you go into your areas's with a line Buddy. Great benefits, Holidays, pension, pay, staff shop, give aways, free zoo passes. Opportunities to get involved with many other teams, V&B's , Quality , safety and so on. Progression available if you are prepared to put into the work to get it. Currently going through changes with investment into the site.
Pros
Pay, Pension, Free Zoo passes, staff shop, subsidised canteen
Cons
Can get hot in summer, cold in the winter. You smell of flavour when you leave for the day
A mixed bunch of people, some fabulous people. Hard work does pay off here.
However proceed with caution, when they are done with you, they really are done with you. Bit of a click.

Rely only on yourself

After saying that good pay and good welfare facilities.

Opportunity to develop.
Pros
Good pay and good welfare facilities
Cons
Clicky
I worked for KP for around 13 years. I started by sweeping the floor in the frying room, and ended up as a Raw Materials & Process manager through sheer hard work and determination to make a career at the company until I was made redundant in October 2003. Unfortunately, there are one or two managers who would benefit from a man management training course as some had very bad attitudes,but overall, most were OK. Opportunities to progress were there when I was,so it was up to the individual to how far they progressed. I would return there in a heartbeat. I could still run someone through a full production process 17 years after being made redundant.
Pros
Good canteen. Excellent team work. Some Managers know their stuff
Cons
High sickness levels putting pressure on other team members.
The line I worked on got dismantled, I applied for an internal job in the warehouse and did not get it, I ended up as a general dogs body, so left the company.
Management clueless hr oc health and discusting putting people lives at risk giving medical advice for serious illness. Dirty place where food is made in process cross contamination flavour etc rodents birds rats etc in production area alot. I would never buy or eat products from there after working there it's shocking. Out dated company with lazy workers cutting corners from management to team members
all depends where your working within the company, like everywhere some nice and not so nice people but overall the people are helpful. Most people are related to others
it was a good job the work was not to hard or easy and everyone who worked there was a grate help I would recommend working here to anyone and if given the chance I would love to work here again.
Pros
payed for lunch and brakes
Cons
gets very hot in the oven room
I arrange all procedures on frying room packing cleaning and I need to keep health and safety procedure during time during production area.and I have responsibility for quality of product.and all procedure according the plan of management.
On the surface seems the best company plenty of mental health first aiders but why? The reason I can see is working in certain departments at KP is very stressful. The work load is way to much and you are expected to get it done even if it means working at home. The home life balance is not good . A job working in the shop floor is probably the best place to work as good breaks and staff to help out although getting a holiday is difficult
Awesome people to work for and friendly staff too you are working on a production line but then you could be on shipping , you also could be cleaning down machines
I was a kp employee at tanfield but was on a probationary period where they could cancel and they have done a week before Christmas but they have selected
members who were on the same contract as me and decided to extend their contracts all because they have family in management they really upset me I worked really really hard and now we havent got a penny to our name no shots available to agency nothing I'm ashamed there people out there 2ho can do this to people
Awful, bad staff. No clue what they're doing. Bad mannered. Absolute waffle it is. Would rather scrub toilets. People you work with are massive freaks
Great company to work for continuously valuing staff and developing to the next level. Good atmosphere with hard working staff members and good teams/
Their motto is “. We are family “. And they do their best to treat everyone as family. Good workers are rewarded. Employee of month is in place.and it’s a lovely and friendly place to work.
Fantastic company to work for, the only problem was that it was a temporary job and they could not offer permenant positions.

I would work there again if a permenant job became available.
Awkward working hours, but then that's factory work. Good cameraderie amongst colleagues. Fairly relaxed management. Tries to be progressive but not always with success.
I've been at kp a year and love it it's a friendly environment, majority of staff are nice, the pay is Brill so overall a great place to work 😊
Pros
Good staff shop, a nice canteen with hot and cold food
A great few days at KP Snacks during year 10 Work Experience and was welcomed by friendly staff and supported during my little time there. A fantastic Opportunity.
Fantastic place to work, the whole organisation is going through a massive culture and system change which is focusing everybody on adding value. We have an amazing leadership team who are dedicated to taking our business to the stars and a first class workforce who are embracing the changes, very exciting times.
Pros
Enjoying going to work!!
Cons
Good company to work within, made to feel part of a big team and communication is excellent across the board

Plenty of activities both social and company so that you involved.
Pros
Product Involvement
Cons
Regular shift patterns so it was easy to make plans around them. Always something to do, so was never bored on the job and the salary was good for the job specification.