Koru Kids

Koru Kids Employee Reviews for Tutor

Tutor4 reviews
United Kingdom4 reviews
Amazing
Work fits around university work, is good pay and is really good fun would defiantly recommend. If you enjoy working with children this job is for you
Terrible management
My experience with them was horrible as I had issues working with a family as a nanny and there was miscommunication where they said I even worked less hours than I did - however it was me that was deemed inadequate by Koru Kids instead of being offered support. There were so many issues regarding the DBS check ( the process) and the response was slow and frustrating which then caused issues in me working for another family and put me off. I told them I didn’t want to work with the family as I no longer wanted to work for koru kids for the time being. I had informed the family of the progress with my cdbs and my thoughts on leaving and not being able to continue work. I let them know this during a settling in period - so before my work with the family during term time before schools starts and I was then emailed by koru kids telling me and this is after I’d spoken to someone from their company reassuring me that I should’ve been given support and that it was understandable that I might want a break and to put my account on hold I then got told through email that I was inadequate and unreliable and that I was not suitable to work with kids from then on as they had reviewed my application and it wasn’t right. Horrible experience and poor management.
Pretty good side job!
I decided to apply for Koru Kids as the adverts were just everywhere.
The process

1. You apply online

2. Phone Interview (understanding your work experience, why you want to work there, your qualities)

[[If you pass that]]

3. Online Course, fill out several questions and create your 'nanny cv, which is what potentially gets sent to the families'

4. Attend a boot-camp- 2 hours, not rigorous as it sounds, just tips, the do's and don'ts and advice

5. The matching process begins, you may have to prompt them to remember you send you matches

- They're great at finding suitable families, I in total met with about 8 before I met my 'match'

- One thing I think is a huge time waster is that Koru Kids seem to have a poor screening process for families, for instance some family profiles are about 4 lines whereas some are 15 lines.

I must note that families will most likely not disclose if their child has disorders or illnesses that a non-qualified experienced should have to deal with this happened to me 3/8 times.

Also I think that it is very wrong that you get paid £9 per family not per child so one person looking after 1 child would get the same as a person looking after 3 children but that is the nanny's choice!
Pros
flexible, good pay, responsive staff - quick replies, open to give advice
Cons
poor family screening, unprofessional with communication i.e adding to whatsapp group chats
Great company for students
Kory Kids is a great company providing employment to students, who aspire to become after-school nannies during their university years. Staff is extremely helpful and welcoming. They found a family that I was working with for the next 9 months and I consider it an incredible experience, which has also helped me greatly improve my CV.
Pros
good management, staff helpful to students
Cons
reasonable but not great pay rate (£9/hour)
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Koru Kids?