Koru Kids

Koru Kids Employee Reviews

United Kingdom35 reviews
Fun
Loved the kids as i love kids. Wasn't far, very local. Hardest part was probably having difficult kids. Overall it was really enjoyable and do able .
Misinformation
Never work for Koru Kids if you want to get paid fairly. They will indicate that they will pay you X amount per hour and then on the contract will be way less. They send the contract once you have already started working so you already have an emotional connection with the kids.
It seems like a fun company at the begining and well organize but they will rip you off. Don't trust anything they say.
Bad Management
Koru Kids have bad management, they do not keep with the contract and will provide false information.
Firstly, Koru Kids only pay you for full hour shifts and will not pay you 30 minutes shifts. Secondly, I once meet a family and they wasn't expecting to meet me because Koru Kids sent a email on the day saying "I was not interested to meet them anymore" This wasn't true and I didn't know they sent that. One time there was a techniqual problem on their website and someone from Koru Kids rang me and was on phone to me over 25 minutes because they was finding out what happened, which was unprofessional and unnecessary.

Families on Koru Kids will not treat you good and will expect you to do extra things which isn't on the contract. Families will cancel you at last minute notice on the day to not to work, despite signing a contract with them of number of hours to work per week.

Working for this company can be lonely because there is no other people to socialize with. Families wants you to do so much for so little pay. And Koru Kids does take a large percentage off your payslip. Koru Kids cares only about families to keep them happy as they want money and Koru Kids will treat their nannies badly.
Amazing
I love the job, i love that the koru kids team will email you every month to check up how your getting along, they also provide a person to support you with any enquires, no complaints perfect company to work for
Terrible management
My experience with them was horrible as I had issues working with a family as a nanny and there was miscommunication where they said I even worked less hours than I did - however it was me that was deemed inadequate by Koru Kids instead of being offered support. There were so many issues regarding the DBS check ( the process) and the response was slow and frustrating which then caused issues in me working for another family and put me off. I told them I didn’t want to work with the family as I no longer wanted to work for koru kids for the time being. I had informed the family of the progress with my cdbs and my thoughts on leaving and not being able to continue work. I let them know this during a settling in period - so before my work with the family during term time before schools starts and I was then emailed by koru kids telling me and this is after I’d spoken to someone from their company reassuring me that I should’ve been given support and that it was understandable that I might want a break and to put my account on hold I then got told through email that I was inadequate and unreliable and that I was not suitable to work with kids from then on as they had reviewed my application and it wasn’t right. Horrible experience and poor management.
A chilled job
I love my job its really nice and chilled, however its only a couple of hours each day, so very suitable for a student but not for someone who's looking for a full time job.
Fun workplace
Working with kids is a fun way to spend an evening because you are there to play, to make them comfortable with your company.
It is really helpful for my English improvement.
exciting and rewarding
enjoyed my experience with koru kids . fun and exciting, rewarding and fun. you will enjoy this job if you are looking for a rewarding and fun job with children.
Fun workplace
Really good company, it helps you find your perfect job within your area and it is there whenever you need feedback or help. Easy to communicate with them.
Fun and managable.
This is an excellent job role for anyone looking to work a part-time job alongside their studies. Just bear in mind that you are paid per hour, not per child.
Encouraging environment
They provide every paper what you need to work as a childminder and they prepare for the work. It's easy to follow the system.
You just need to get along with the family.
Flexible and fun
A very good student job but in the long run tricky as you make bonds with the children. The pay is good and it is rewarding to help little children. The company do their best to match you with the most suitable family and close in proximity.
Good part time job
Currently studying for a degree and it works round it pretty good, would be nice if Koru tried to do some social events to make more of a social side as nannying can be lonely.
Pros
Flexible work, weekends off.
Cons
Can be unsociable to meet other adults.
Amazing
Work fits around university work, is good pay and is really good fun would defiantly recommend. If you enjoy working with children this job is for you
Productive, happy and rewarding work.
I enjoyed working at Koru Kids, as I enjoy working for children. It was very eye opening seeing how much a child learns from an adult they look up to.
Can be great but management needs a lot of improvement
Disappointed in koru Kids and their lack of communication and support to employees, wouldn't recommend. Also many families who use koru Kids just mess around and aren't serious about working long term with nannies. Some families will hop around the truth to suit their needs and you end up missing out on a family who are serious and could have been a better match.

The pay is not great for the amount of work you do and other nannying services offer more competitive salaries with benefits.

In the end koru Kids are too complacent for me. I'd look for a better more organised nannying service.
Pros
Working with children, schedule works for you
Cons
Lack of support
fun laid back work
a typical day at work consisted of me picking the child up from nursery and cooking dinner and putting him to bed. I learned lots of childcare skills. it was well managed and the family i worked for were nice.
Fun and interactive
if you like kids you will really like this kind of job
Fun and easy going
Typical day at work is very easy going, they aim to get families that live close to you so you don't have to travel far. You also get to choose what age range you prefer working with and when meeting the family you choose which family you want to work with. Suitable for students that do not have any experience, they also give you a free DBS and free first aid training. You just need to be free minimum three days at around 3pm when school time finishes.
Pros
Travel expenses when with child covered, work with families that live close to your area, short hours, flexible around your timetable.
good student job
A good student job however the interview process is rather lengthy so if applying do so a couple months in advance of your desired start date. Management is somewhat lacking as I've had to call multiple times to sort out issues as opposed to being contacted by them.
Pros
really rewarding if placed with the right family
Cons
long process prior to being placed with a family
Fun Work place
Fantastic company, emails are answered very quickly and everyone is so friendly. The families are very kind and the company offers free first aid training as well as progression.
Pros
laid back