KONE Employee Reviews

United Kingdom55 reviews
Interesting
interesting and competitive industry. It can get routine over time and change becomes must. The company is global so there is plenty of encouragement and opportunities to move roles and countries. Management can be unrealistic at times but are very approachable and friendly. However they do continue to strive for success. They should probably listen and action ideas and feedback more from clients and employees regarding strategy and focus areas. There are great internal training courses available to all.

Overall a decent company to work for, best in that particular industry.
Fast paced full on but rewarding
Great company to work for. Always looking to improve and providing the tools to deliver. Leading organisation within its industry with first class products and services
Big egos, me before company attitude. Very fake manager in chris reed
Kone as a company may be better, but my assessment is based purely on chertsey branch, big egos me before company attitude, racist , bullying culture
Reasonable company to work for
The job itself, I found to be quite easy, the only time there is any pressure is at month end when the management are chasing everyone to invoice as much as possible to achieve targets and in effect earn bonus. I would invariably get my head down and do what needed to be done on a daily basis but found that other team members could do a lot less due to their friendships with management.
Service
Carried out daily ppm and repairs to customer equipment and was on a callout rota to cover breakdowns out of hrs. On a daily basis manage equipment on a set route for site access.
great place
Great place to work , lovlet team. eay to get to bus and train station.
very busy but worth it. Supportive Managers and account managers / good work ;ife balanae
Kone is a good company to work for
Kone is a good company to work for. There are opportunities to progress in the company if you’re working hard and generally a good engineer. Good amount of annual leave and pension contribution
good friendly atmoshere
good engineers to work with and a lot of knowledge.management varied from good to awful depending on department worked in
training good and health and safety paramount.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
too young management without experience
Productive and fun workplace.
Loved working at Kone. People fun and friendly. Good work life balance. Great deal holiday.Constant reviews and feedback . Periodic roadshows.
Fantastic pension for company which I took advantage of.
Stressfull and no appreciation
I always give 100% to my job, but to Kone you are only a number amongst many. I believe today that the majority of employers are the same but I still did my job to the best I could and my direct line managers and other people I worked with were really nice people and if you have that in a workplace your very lucky.
Dont work with sub contractors
Sign with the company if possible..

DO NOT WORK FOR SUB-CONTRACTORS.

there is no equal opportunities.

You do as your told,no question or your fired
Terrible, Inherently Corrupt
I have attempted to submit a review for KONE previously, so I wont waste much of my time being too wordy this time!

AVOID...

on the surface, this appears to be a brilliant opportunity...BUT...

If you value honesty and integrity, keep searching elsewhere

In my position within the purchasing team, I witnessed MANY dodgy deals; over-pricing on government contracts, back handers from subbys to staff, creating jobs to secure corporate hospitality, selling company cars for cash in directors/senior managers pockets (all overseen by the sourcing manager!!)...etc etc - please do come back to me and ask for further clarification...

All these activities were allowed to occur as our department was a toothless entity, enabled by the sourcing manager...public schoolboy numpty with no real grit !

Most if not all illegal activity, but because the main ringleader of these actions was seen as some kind of demi-god..no one dared to challenge him...he surrounded himself with other numptys that were grateful of the huge salaries that were thrown at them...so they just go along with it....

I really could go on and on....just steer well clear of this inherently corrupt company !!!
Pros
free milk, fruit
Cons
loss of any moral integrity
Constant change and right sizing
The company has been going through many changes for years now. They believe that they are the leaders in the industry, and that others will follow and change their company structure as soon as they see how successful Kone have become
awful
full of bullies and poor management. Awful people to work with and have to know someone high up to be able to move up the ladder. No work life balance and your expected to do over time. Also you don't get hardly any training. Management question every breath that you take.

Awful awful place to work
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Generally a Good company to work for
Currently employed from Basingstoke office, the working area has recently changed. The workingf area has now changed from being mainly in the BN and RH post code area to now operating primarily in the SL and OX postcodes, This now means that we seem to have transits of 2 hours to our working areas for the day.
Pros
Good working conditions, work always safe and no pressure to do anything unsafe or what I am not comfortable with
Cons
New area is too far away from my home address
Productive, high energy, busy
Good place to work. Investment in new innovations and technological advancements.
Keeping on top of workload can be challenging.

Building new customer relationships and collaborating with other team members is enjoyable.
Good company
Enjoyed working here the staff are friendly and helpful. They are organised and good company to work for. You can take courses to improve your position and move within the company/
Solid Processes
Solid and simple processes, decent products.

Leadership in some areas is very good and in others has been questionable.

Good coverage and a leader in the UK.

Good commercial and technical support.
Pros
Processes and support
Cons
Ethics
A Company that is a little lost with direction.
An "Equal Opportunity" employer as per UK guidelines.
Operating within correct safety standards.

Would work for the company again, if opportunity arises.
poor management
Some very nice people however management really don't know what they are doing, the communication is very poor along with the salary compared to the standard in the industry
Pros
flexible
Cons
poor pay poor management
Interesting and challenging workplace with a great culture
A typical day in the contract account team starts with reviewing the bank statements to see what cash has been received. checking emails and responding, Raising invoices and releasing billing for applications when instructed by the relevant QS

I learned more about the contractual side of projects within the construction industry.

The hardest part of the job so far are the changes that will be implemented and the managing the team through this process

I enjoy the relationship with other teams within the business, sales, regional operations teams and commercial teams working towards the best outcome for the customer. I have worked with external consultants and built good relationships that will transfer from project to project. When we all work together to get the best outcome for all of us I have a great deal of job satisfaction