KONE Employee Reviews

A good company to work for
Management consultant Debt Credit and Operations (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire31 July 2018
A good company to work for the lost of opportunity for development.
People orientated with plenty of in house training and management programs for staff.
Fun place to work but no progression opportunities
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire4 May 2018
Excellent management who provided outstanding support and were very supportive and accomodating for work/life balance.

The nature of my role meant my key skills were not developed and as such there were no opportunities to progress from the role.
Just a number
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 April 2018
Chaotic management pursuing head office driven processes to the detriment of employees and customers. Decent money but long hours and almost no job satisfaction
Pros
Money
Cons
Micro management via tracking devices etc
productive and a very goof place to work
Costumer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire29 November 2017
I had done work experience at Kone PLC for a week.This was a very good experience as i had learnt many new skills.I had worked with many different people who were very nice and welcoming.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Great staff, encourages to develope
VAR Sales/Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire21 October 2017
Kone is a great place to work with changes happening all the time, so there is always new things to learn. There is a lot of technical jargon which is hard to get your head round but there is always someone around to help you. The targets are hard to hit and seem to get harder but the work is always there to get you where you need to be.
good development opportunity
Customer Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Uusimaa27 September 2017
My great bosses were giving me high responsibility and freedom to find business development opportunities. I travelled and learned a lot. I have worked with many different teams.
Great Company - Poor Regional Directors
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire23 August 2017
The company is a great place to work in central and global functions. Just be careful of short term Regional Directors looking to claw they way up.
Kone is a fast pace environment, where as an employee you are expected to go the extra mile at all times.
Hard to progress
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow3 August 2017
some ways a great company to work for, although if progression is what you aim for then be ready for setbacks as it would appear to be if your face fits then you will progress
Kone
Area Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Clapham Junction, Greater London3 July 2017
Great company to work for , people are very nice helpful and friendly always willing to give support and understanding .
I enjoy coming to work everyday
challenging
temna leader (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire2 March 2017
can be fast paced at times slow at others - you have to adapt to an ever changing situation and way of working always looking to work smarter and more efficiently for yourself the customer and the company.
Pros
free tea and coffee - relaxed atmosphere
Cons
continuous changes
Finance department Keighley
Assistant business controller (Former Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire2 March 2017
Management were awful, untrained- just people who happened to be there for a long time, not management material. They was a lot of negativity within the department.

Job role was not as discussed at interview, and there was no flexibility for staff not in management. Wouldn't advise working there based on the UK finance department
Pros
Wage
Cons
Inflexible, poor management, poor culture
ok
trained fitter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 February 2017
working life is ok goof company to work for ,
studied and done apprenticeship ,
working in a great team

the most hardest part is relating with management
So so bad
Lift improver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 February 2017
I was brought on as a trainee improver. And from day one i was thrown in a lift shaft with a manual and told to build a lift no help what so ever no training atall. Management are beyond terrible and really dont care. The pay is ok but not great for the stress you have to endure. If you like being a number or can turn off and be a robot this job is for you otherwise find somthing were you are more than a statistic
Pros
Money is ok
Cons
Management is appalling
Horrible
Apprentice Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire31 January 2017
As soon as they can they try to send you to work away and then take ages to pay your expenses and there is a lot of stuff that happens behind closed doors
just a number
Lift Engineer (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire20 January 2017
joined as part of a buy out ended up being back tracked with the opposite being promised, I was doing my NVQ 4 with previous firm but Kone refused to support me in this, even moving me to a different provider starting me again and then refusing to let me test ! !
eventually had enough of being treated like a statistic and left. sorry to say, management is awful. . . . the engineers are the guys who deserve all the credit.
Pros
work mates
Cons
management and support or lack of !
Good working curture
Technical sales support engineer (Current Employee) –  Qatar27 November 2016
Good working curture, very challenging postion, sharing my knowledge, employee engagement, work life is equally balanced, learning experiance
Low wages
Tooling Engineer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough6 October 2016
Wouldn't dream of applying for this job.

No organisation what so ever.

There are much better jobs out there .
Better off getting a paper round or selling the big issue.
Don't think you will earn good money because they only look after there boys out on site.
Cons
Do not work for this company. You have been warned!
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chertsey16 May 2016
The Payroll Management are a disgrace. There is no training so Management give you work and expect you to know what to do. When you ask for help from Management they are too busy. But if something goes wrong then that is down to you. It is the worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Management in payroll are a joke
Far to may changes in management
CREDIT CONTROL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  South West London12 May 2016
I am sure that the problems that existed during the time I worked here have now been resolved. Customers could be challenging but management were supportive.
Pros
local to home
Cons
Two many management changes
Escalator Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire23 March 2016
i enjoy working here as i like the elctrical and mechanical sides as it is interesting. I also like the flexible hours and its fun to work here i am glad i have had this chance to learn and further my skills
Pros
good hours and great place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KONE. Our community is ready to answer.