Kloeckner Metals UK Employee Reviews

Kloeckner Durham is a Terrible place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham8 April 2019
Kloeckner Durham is the worst managed place I have ever worked. It is run by a bunch of imbeciles who will eventually run the place into the ground.
They have been running at a loss for years and it is just a matter of time.
Their investment in people is also a heap of rubbish, they make things up to suit themselves.
Do yourself a favour and don’t apply!!
Pros
Non
Cons
Terrible management
Excellent company - forward thinking, positive changes!
Head of Dept (Current Employee) –  National26 March 2019
The company has come a long way in the five years I have been here. There were some questionable decisions by the former Leadership in years gone by but they were mainly a reaction to very challenging business environment and just not communicated well. Things have changed dramatically, we are a digital company, always moving forward. A real people culture is now in place focused on developing people and providing a great place to work. Some great people work here and I believe the future is bright at Kloeckner.
Pros
Pay, benefits, progression and the people
Cons
Lots of admin, trying to keep costs low means we are a bit short handed - busy!
change was needed
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 March 2019
overall great company to work for over the last 2 years a huge improvement with the staff all the way up to the board. Health and safety has improved drastically.
Pros
friendly people to work with
Investors in people
Dept. Head, ( started as warehouse operative) (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 March 2019
This company really invests in its employees, plenty of courses, external qualifications.

They taught me well enough so I could leave, but treated me well enough that I don’t want too.
Pros
Investment in people, digital strategy like no other in the industry.
Friendly Workplace
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 March 2019
I have been at Kloeckner for 3 months, the company has a family run feel with everyone willing to offer help and support.
I feel valued as an employee and am encouraged to give my views regularly.
The company is going through a journey to provide employees and customers with new forward thinking ideas.
Pros
Feel Valued
Enjoyable place to work
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire15 March 2019
Everyday is different and brings new challenges.

The company have invested in me during my time here. I have been given support, guidance and development throughout my employment.

All managers are friendly and approachable from the shop floor to the Board of Directors.
Pros
Development, Support and Working relationships
Just a number in a payroll system
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Dudley20 September 2018
Just a number in a payroll system, micro managed and always monitored every minute of the day. You could not engage with customers as each call was timed
Plater welder
Plater welder (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 August 2018
Horrible management worst I've worked under, New management have distroyed bonus systems to suite office staff who do little other than bully and blame, whilst the people doing the hard work are tossed aside with nothing left.
Do yourself a favour and stear clear lads
Pros
Home time
Cons
Everything else
ok
Graduate Trainee (Former Employee) –  UK27 July 2018
During my time at Hill & Smith, I was heavily involved in talks with a strong Union orientated workforce. Covering aspects such as Bonuses, company handbooks, absenteeism levels, changes to T&C and a multitude of other issues that arise during these periods.
Very much a “systems driven man” with an overview that Systems and Processes run a Manufacturing Operation, setting internal goals and KPI’s to reduce scrap, improve manufacturing production rates and hopefully return profitable margins.
Team of unprofessional children in management
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 May 2018
Used to work there as a lorry driver. Dispetchers never were prepared for day workload, always last minute, picking the routes that are not suitable for lorries. When raised my concerns, was blaimed for beeing rude.
Absolute nightmare
Internal Sales (Former Employee) –  Leeds21 November 2017
Management the worst I've seen, in their eyes are never to blame, worked at the Leeds site and the management from top to bottom are just bullies and exploit their power.
Good place to work, bad management
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 November 2017
Good place to work a good set of lads to work along side with. Potential to learn alot in this warehouse/company.
Sadly the management is running the the place in to the ground.
Pros
Overtime
Good role
Cnc laser tube setter operator (Former Employee) –  Dudley12 January 2017
My overall review on kloeckner metals uk a very clean safe working environment nice colleagues and approachable management day to day work was good but a lot to remember and a lot of the time your materials to machine are never picked so you have to leave your machine to pick them yourself using a stock control laser bar code gun.

But all in all it was a very nice experience and would love to work there again.
Pros
Excellent rates of pay, nice approachable management.
Cons
Cancelled my work contract due to no work when i have other skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kloeckner Metals UK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9