Kloeckner Metals UK

Kloeckner Metals UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom41 reviews
Fast passed and very target driven. As the london office you are seen as the money office and expected to reach your targets. When the steel industry is booming it is easy but when it's not there is too much competition in the market place.
Fast paced, stressful. Unrealistic expectations.
Manager of southern sites was not a good boss to work for. Bad management style, one day you may be top of the class then next cast aside. Bullying culture in this company from upper management is rife.

Nice staff apart from upper management. Did not enjoy my time here and was happy to leave for better things.
Firstly and foremost I am PROUD to work for Kloeckner Metals UK. I say this because during this current crisis my company have put PEOPLE before anything else. The well-being of its employee’s has been the number one consideration and this has come through above everything else in all the companies communications. These communications have been regular, reassuring and straight forward. No one wants to hear bad news but the worse thing is no news and being left to worry about what is going on. Kloeckner have presented the ever changing landscape with regards to Covid-19 sensibly and with employees of all grades and departments in mind. I feel that once the lockdown if lifted we will be best placed with an experience workforce that know they were treated well during this time. I’m confident Kloeckner will bounce back stronger than many companies who haven’t been so people focused. Together is Better
It's a cool, humble and caring place to go to every day, and it's a place you want to progress your career and work till retire.

There are companies that does the bare minimum of government requirement for their staff, and there are companies willing to go extra miles for their people, you are definitely looking at the later!
Pros
Great people, Caring management, Flexible working environment, Efficient operating procedure, and Sufficient trainning.
Positive working environment strongly focused on health and safety. People are friendly and helpful.
Interesting job with a good chance of development.
Major changes have taken place over the past 18 months. The company now has a clear direction and as an employee I feel valued. In the past this has not been the case.
Pros
One hour lunch, holiday trading.
Cons
Maxwell House 'coffee'
The UK company is part of a larger organisation with a global presence. The parent company has some clear (ambitious) objectives including: revolutionising the way industrial business deal with each other, and, providing free training to support to anyone that wants to learn digital/computer basics through to learning how to develop apps and write programs.

This corporate vision is visibly embraced at the country level and the CEO and other Board members are active in the company social channels to promote these opportunities and make themselves available to everyone for question or comment.

There has been a big shift in the last year regarding the company's core activities. Selling and processing of metal products. Activities that were maybe once profitable but are now commonplace and commodity offering are no longer offered at net loss making prices just to compete. Instead the company has adapted to offer complimentary services, adding value to both the customer and the organisation, ensuring a financially stable future for both.

As an employee I have not felt this job secure in a while. I have also not felt as valued, by the whole organisation, as I do today. That's not to say individuals have not made me feel valued in the past, they have.

I would not hesitate to recommend KMUK as an employer for those who are looking to the future of industry, willing to embrace continual change, and work hard. I would not recommend it for anyone that wants to do the same thing over and over the same way, signing in at 9 and clocking out at 5, for the next 20 years.
Every day is different at Kloeckner. They have invested heavily in new equipment, processes & people. The digital strategy in completely different to others in the industry. The team are activity encouraged to find new ideas for the businesses and their own development.
Loads of courses available if you are looking for development.
Excellent company to work for with a very competitive internal sales salary and bonus scheme. We have a small team but we all get on really well together.
The culture has improved dramatically over the last year or so, more collaborative working between departments and sites has resulted in a much more solid and rounded company.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kloeckner Metals UK?
A company that is adapting to the digital world.
At the forefront of bringing the steel industry to the Digital age.

Benefits and pay are good. but you need to work hard to achieve the targets set.

Lots of innovation and new products / machinery make it an ever adapting progressive company to work for.

No day is the same....
Lots of change in the past two years but some fantastic people and generally a good place to work. Good potential to progress through the business if you have ambition.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Change
A typical day would start with a briefing and then usually picking orders due to be loaded that evening. After all the pickings done then we would start the first truck and load each one in order. The management i found very friendly and approachable and any issues I had were always dealt with. The hardest part of the job was learing how to load the trucks correctly but after a few supervised attempts I picked it up pretty quickly. I did enjoy the fact that shifts seem to fly in.
This is the longest place I've ever worked, for a reason! A forward thinking employer which bucks the trend for this industry. flexible, fair and forward thinking. The internal training and development is world class, they are also massively focused on safety of employees.
Pros
Flexibility, fast paced, development
I found this job very enjoyable, you are kept busy but at same time allowed to learn at your own pace. I picked up the basics of the job quick enough and the rest falls into place. The management are very friendly and easy to approach with any problems. The fact that you are kept busy in this job also means that your shifts are over very quickly and the guys in general are easy enough to get on with.
Pros
workwear supplied, friendly atmosphere, good rapport amogst the team
Cons
warehouse can be cold in winter months
I have been working for this company for just over 4 years, and have been given training support and career progression working with a fantastic bunch of people. I have been given opportunities to greatly increase my career within Kloeckner on a yearly basis. I doubt I would have been given the chance to achieve this for myself at any other company.
I began as a CAD operator, took on production planning, became a project engineer and then made a personnel request to move into quality due to past experience in this role. I am now a quality specialist.

This company is nothing if not encouraging and supportive, to ensure it's employees are happy at work.

My financial status is better than I expected it would be by now when I first joined Kloeckner. But more than this my confidence of my own abilities has greatly increased thanks to the faith and encouragement given by Kloeckner.
Great place to work, well managed excellent benefits and the team are a great bunch.
If it wasn't for a great opportunity elsewhere I would of loved to continue working for klockner metals.
Great place to work with innovative, forward thinking ideas. Brilliant work colleagues with equal opportunities and treatment. Promotions from within with access to development courses paid for by the company.

From the leadership team to the sales teams there is always a strong focus and enthusiasm on delivering the best quality product and services to customers.

Strong focus on Safety

Great Salary Benefits (Salary sacrifice schemes, pension, cash back on certain shops, buy/sell holidays)

Throughout my time at the company the experiences and lessons I have learned are invaluable and will stay with me for the rest of my career.
Great Salary Benefits (Salary sacrifice schemes, cash back on certain shops, buy/sell holidays)
Fantastic work colleagues. New management team locally and nationally are moving things up rather than captaining a sinking ship. (Mainly improved with new incentives etc.)

Promotes within. Courses advertised which company can pay for.

High determination required. Your progress in the company depends on that.

HIGH focus on Safety.

Main thing for me is enjoy coming to work everyday. Of course there's conflicts in the day job but who doesn't in this type of business.
Kloeckner Metals has been a fantastic place to work, for the duration of my 4-year tenure. The company stands by their commitment to creating a 'Safety First' working environment, and the culture of people coming together to 'get the job done' is second-to-none. The job itself is engaging, and the company provides tremendous benefits to their employees. It was a satisfying and rewarding experience to work for them, and I wish them all the best.
I have been allowed to do the hours that fit around my home life and I appreciate that very much. I am very happy with the salary that I earn. My office has a relaxed atmosphere and I get on well with everyone and I look forward to coming to work everyday.
Pros
Good salary