KIRKLEES COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Good employer
Community Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield3 July 2018
Great job in lovely area, but too far from home. Supportive team. Loved using knowledge and skills to provide appropriate equipment and adaptations for disabled people.
Excellent Atmosphere
Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield7 June 2018
Great place to work with plenty of opportunities for personal development and training. A positive atmosphere and high staff morale made it a very desirable place to work.
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire14 May 2018
Learn More
Progress Higher

Certain areas are more suitable for personal development to others.

By all means avoid services that do not aid personal development although it is your right as an employee.
Flexible place to work
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire4 May 2018
Very good place to work, however, due to austerity and government cuts there is no job security anymore. Also there are a lot of staff shortages so more work to do at the same pay.
Productive and enjoyable
Quality Assurance and Performance Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire30 April 2018
Varied throughout the day. Learned a lot from colleagues. Management very approachable. Good workplace culture. Hardest part was travelling to meetings as used public transport. Enjoyable part was learning from colleagues.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Long hours due to attending meetings
great night care team
Night Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield12 March 2018
the most enjoyable part of my job is my work mates as we work well together, the hardest part is the manager of the home is not professional in the way she conducts herself and she seems to dislike alot of the staff and trys to make their work life harder.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of support from management
Good outlook
Young People's Participation Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield20 February 2018
It was fun as well as rewarding so I can't complain it helped me make a real difference. This job helped me realise theres more benefits for all parties involved to work together in order for everyone to be successful
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Salary
Challenging times
Education (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire2 February 2018
Thank goodness the council still has a dedicated workforce that puts children's needs first. Staff morale has steadily declined through the cuts and restructuring that's taken place in many schools and the daily challenge is to put on a smile and try to give children the best experience we can.
Apprentice First job
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire18 January 2018
Enjoyed my time here, however I felt I wanted to specialise in a particular area and gain qualifications. No Job security as there were many restructures.
Pros
flexible working hours
productive workplace
Relief Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire17 January 2018
A typical day at work would consist of handling tasks head on with a calm and professional manner.
This entailed working in private or public places.
Managing to cut through the red tape
Senior Mechanical Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield16 January 2018
A very challenging position being responsible for maintenance/repair/H&S of heating/air con/ventilation/water quality etc. of approx 1000 commercial premises. Having to have engineering knowledge and good communication skills.

I was successful in many projects, receiving good feedback which allowed for my promotions.

I knew that I did make a difference to the Kirklees area population.

I really enjoyed my job except for the last 15 months when there was so much needless change due to austerity measures put in place by central government.
Pros
Knowing that you had improved systems/people's daily lives.
Cons
Cutting through the red tape!! But it can be done.
Museums and Galleries
Welcome Officer (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire4 January 2018
Overall a good company to work for, but due to management and service restructure job security is currently not guaranteed.

Good pay. And fantastic pension. One of the best in the country.
Pros
good pay
Civil Enforcement Officer
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield13 October 2017
chargers duty ,taking over traffic wardens police,,issued penalty charge notices,check all car parks clean and
tidy ;permit holders,,schools ziz zazs drop kerbs,in town,,loading @unloading ,ect,,,,i still enjoy working ,,,apart my illness,,there had to finish,me.. this job very hard to do a lot off thighs to take in ,,you seeing lots more public people ,,,,
Cons
39 hours
Joiner (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire9 October 2017
Nice professional people good team and working environment low pressure environment with straight forward task led jobs good communication between workforce and management
fun workplace and very productive
Enterprise project support officer (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield26 September 2017
my placement with Kirklees Council was fun and very helpful the small team i worked with was helpful and kind working on the projects was the most enjoyable part of the job, the hardest i would say was the research.
Pros
free rain on clothing
Cons
lots and lots of paperwork
Receptionist
Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield3 September 2017
I was only temporary but while I was there I was made very welcome and didn't treat me any different to permanent employees.

Very enjoyable place of work
I learnt a lot about the residents and their conditions on how to make their stay an enjoyable one.

Seeing different kinds of people on a daily basis

Learning about rotas, dealing with petty cash and logging information on in-house systems and Excel.
Pros
Hours were good
Great team to work with.
Celebrant Registrar (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire16 August 2017
Really enjoyable as you are involved in one of the happiest days of a couples life.
The whole celebrant team are amazing to work with and you get great support from the full-time management team.
Pros
happy experiences
Cons
only part-time
Not a good place to work.
Community Care Officer (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield11 August 2017
An authority in crisis that does not value it's workforce. Quite rightly the social services department failed OFSTED and is showing that it has no ability to improve on the situation. If you are an aspiring social care worker of any level, stay very far away from this council.
Cons
team work, fun and meeting new people.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Batley, West Yorkshire10 August 2017
I have learned new ideas for my childrens tea and like having chats with my team members that i work with tipical day, I make Baguettes sandwiches and sandwich wraps for morning break , then go set up counter and serve the customers after that i prepare the dinners for my service counter i sell Halal foods on my bar,includes cooking on stoves and putting my prepared foods into the combi ovens. I get on with all my team members and help others when i have finished my own jobs.
Varied exsperiance
Carer, Team leader, Acting co-ordinater (Former Employee) –  Huddersfieald5 August 2017
This was a good all round job, veried exsperance with the chance to develop and move up within the job. Pay and the opertunity of over time is good although pay gap between privet and public workers has now leveled out. Management is more about who you know and not what you know.