KIRKLEES COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Downhill fast
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield13 June 2018
Individual teams can be really good and supportive however the overall culture of the college has declined rapidly since the change of senior leadership. They are self serving individuals who have no care or consideration for the welfare of the staff.
Pros
Collegues
Cons
Senior Leadership
A college wanting more and more and more....
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire14 May 2018
Good to work here before leadership change. College in a financial mess - be careful about choosing to work here. They don't care about their staff either.
fun and exciting course
Catering and hospitality assistant (temporary) (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire16 April 2018
On this course I really enjoyed everything about it, from the practical to the written. The teachers where excellent and there to guide you when you needed it. The best part was serving the college students and getting to know more people.
Far too many managers
CLO (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire7 March 2018
I worked here for 4 years, fed up with persistent restructuring and having to reapply for my position, definitely no family friendly policy whatsoever, had to join a union to protect my rights, just heard they are going through yet another restructuring but this time there’s redundancies, atrocious management at all levels and far far too many of them, which has probably contributed to their problems,I do hope the sake for my former colleagues this redundancy operation will reduce the unimaginable amount of management, if this happens it could possibly make it a better place to work.
Pros
None really.
Cons
Far too many ‘none hands on’ managers
Ok
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire15 February 2018
Wage not too bad, was a good to work for but sadly has declined.
With all the current changes and the new leadership team the college is in a freefall.
Nice colleagues, but poor leadership
International Officer (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire8 February 2018
Had good working experience with co-workers, had a very good line manager. The senior management hadn’t been consistent and not cared about employees.
good college
Care Working Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire13 December 2017
fun loving place to be . non discriminative, full of encouragement , different activities available, independent skills shown taught and prompted. friendly
Supportive Staff
Learning Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield9 December 2017
This is my first role in this line of work and everyone I work with is extremely helpful with my development. Despite being agency staff I get treated the same as any other staff member and get all the support, rewards and responsibilities as any other staff member.
Lecturer
Tutor/Assessor (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield10 November 2017
Admin,
Teaching,
Varying support in centres depending on how many days/shift times worked
The hardest part is being kept in the loop of things going on when classes are delivered in evenings and no one else is in the department , to give any updates etc.
Great experience
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire5 September 2017
Loved working here. Definitely felt the pressure working in a busy environment but it helped grow my confidence and task management. The people are very friendly to work with and they are very helpful
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
salary
Childcare workplacement
Science (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire11 July 2017
The childcare work placement was really enjoyable I enjoyed being around children helping them out and playing with them.

Cleaning up the mess they made at the end of the day.
Cons
8 hours
Support role
Support Staff / Mentor (Current Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire14 May 2017
Working closely with learners. Assisting with all their educational needs, encouraging and motivating the learner. Ensuring safeguarding at all times.
Taking part in administrative duties.
Pros
Finish work at 3
Cons
Part time
fun
Technician (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury6 March 2017
I really enjoyed my time here, I wasn't here for long as I was only doing a mural on one of the walls but while here I felt It to be a relaxed fun environment.
Friendly college
Chef, waiter, cashier (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield4 March 2017
While this is not a job it is a great college to go to. The building is very big so it as plenty of classrooms for different types of courses and the staff are very friendly.
Cons
Big building, can be easy to get lost
Lovely Colleagues
Business administration Assistant (Apprentice) (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, UK18 February 2017
Friendly team that was helpful and encouraging with my studies to be an administrative assistant. I learned a lot form the team and would love to have the same experience again.
Pros
The aircon system that didnt work in the new building
Cons
Lovely Work Colleagues
Awful place to work
/ (Former Employee) –  Kirklees college10 October 2016
Initially good start. Face fits culture. Managers quick to report staff to hr. Staff scared to speak out. More and more pressure put on staff and changing job roles. No help just told to go and do and meet deadlines. All to tick boxes for ofsted. No real contracts for teachers just part time hourly paid contracts, so don't get paid in school holidays. The college get away with this as they offer staff the same hours to teach every term for a year. Bullying, back stabby staff! Didn't feel valued and even though I would go in early and leave late this wasn't appreciated in the slightest. However, went home early once and was penalised for it. No good work /life balance! Also parked in car park and WAS CHASED around college by security even though i had a pass! Don't bother working for them....
Pros
Cons
all of the above
fun working place
Part Time Cleaner (Former Employee) –  hudersfield1 October 2016
Its a very nice and fun working place and i will say that working with them is one of the best place ave worked for . So am very glad to talk positive about it
very productive and thorough learning
trainee teacher (Current Employee) –  voluntary work9 June 2016
i had a very good mentor and learnt a variety of teaching methods and resources to use in class. The best part of the job was been able to do actual teaching and experiencing working in different departments such as functional skills Maths and English where i supported certain learners.
Pros
able to shadow other subject tutors
Cons
non experienced
A great 8 years
Examinations Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield26 April 2016
Excellent staff that all want the best for the students. The Examinations and Customer Service sections are excellent.
Most satisfactory
Student Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Halifax road Dewsbury11 December 2015
supporting students on a daily basis motivating encouraging them to achieve their targets and goals. communicating with tutors and other members of staff to identify the needs of the students. preparing and planning resources to suite the students