Play YouTube video button

Kingswood - Inspiring Learning Employee Reviews

United Kingdom67 reviews
Featured review
Kingswood - Inspiring Learning selected this as a representative review
The company offers great opportunities to develop the team and provide a fun,safe and educational learning environment for the young children who come through the doors and to the staff that help deliver to our guests.
It’s a fun social environment to the staff that join us and many friends can be made along the way.

It can be long days but the reward outway these.
everyone knew how to do there job and was will to teach new people the ropes. they were all very nice and understandable that new workers need time to get the hang of the job. they also had a very good work ethic.
My time there was alright. I learnt some stuff. BUT the wages are terrible, can't live off of minimum wage. Also the living conditions at certain centres are not up to livable standards. The management do not care for the health of the employees. For example they under feed them of those who are on the food scheme and take a large chunk of the wages. There is no "work/life balance".
don't do it, it was shocking.

no one can serve 900 kids 100 adults and 50+ staff members fresh ford with only 2 hours to prepare all that food and clean the tables and more.

absolute joke of a place
A typical day at work includes delivering 4-7 sessions a day to promote Outdoor Education through adventurous activities. I've obtained in-house and external training with nearly 900 hours of experience.
Didn’t really enjoy it got fired but wouldn’t ever go back they promise you work permanently but then it’s not always 100% and you can be off for 10 days it’s mad and they’re always understaffed also one thing i wasn’t happy with was not wearing chest harnesses when on abseiling even if the lower harness is on tight if someone was to loose balance and lean back they would slip out death trap man
Hired as an apprentice. Regularly working 13 consecutive 12 hour days. They claim you get unpaid breaks except you have to use that time to prepare for your next activities. Essentially unpaid labour. Complaints were not taken seriously until a serious risk was presented. Toxic culture encouraged amongst staff. Was so stressed I was throwing up every morning before work. Staff accommodation was falling apart and caused breathing problems due to mould.
High stress, low pay. Management say one thing and do another. One office had 80% staff quit in a year. If you don't fit in (eg kiss up or talk posh) , you will not progress regardless of how much work you put in. Don't trust a word said there.
Taking the apprenticeship with kingswood was one of the more productive things I've done. I can't speak on behalf of all the centres, but being based at Overstrand was fantastic. The management really care about the staff and go out of their way to boost morale and spirit. Working for kingswood taught me so many things and I had a great time doing it.
Don't get me wrong, it can be hard work with long hours, and it can become stressful and anxiety inducing when first starting out but it builds up your confidence with public speaking and teaches you so many new skills, both hard and soft.
Just don't go into it - worst decision I ever made and I was stuck there because I had nothing else.
I left with a whole host of issues with depression and safety concerns
I work as Kitchen assistant only 8 months. I love to work here but sadly part time job didnt work for me and its didnt suitable for my child care.
My catering manager is the best .He is lovely and try to help you as much he can do. Most of colleagues lovely and friendly. I never regret to work at here and hopefully one day in the future I can go back to work again in my right time.
Working at kingswood was lovely and All staff work every Hard working and all staff very friendly like one big kingswood family It was lovely to see all school happy and having fun
Poor poor poor West runton kingswood should be ashamed wat the they expect from the housekeeping team it was ridiculous all ways there to point out the bad point of the job all the time but wen there is praise to be given they don't care and the they wonder y no one wants a job at West runton there awful to the housekeeping team....
Dangerous environment for employees and guests, very low standard of care for the staff, lazy staff members ( dirty condoms in freshly made bed for new guests).
Absolute no care for anyone involved there and no support when it gets very serious and police have to get involved.

They will take your days off from you and make fake promises.

I worked there for a year and a bit and it was a massive mistake, as it is a very unproffesional environment.
I’m a loving and caring person and give good advice to people and very out going and love outdoors
Loved interacting with other staff and peers and loved communicating with different age groups and doing different activities
I have worked in a number of roles in Kingswood and Inspiring Learning, all of which has helped me to further my skills and progress in the outdoor industry. The hours can be long, but very rewarding and hard work doesn't go unnoticed.

The company is under new leadership and a clearer vision for what we do, how we act and what we want to achieve is in place.

Exciting times ahead!
Pros
Good experience, progression, good team atmosphere
Cons
Hours can be long
Driving a guest service culture across all departments, ensuring that all clients have the best experience; addressing and dealing with any concerns. Sales focussed; working to sales targets to achieve high levels of repeat customer revenue. Act as the ‘face of Kingswood’ looking at strategies and PR initiatives to build and improve on the Kingswood reputation within the local community.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Kingswood is a great place to work. There is no question of that. The team around you are second to none, and feel like family. Facilities are mostly excellent, and the food is great.
The best thing about working for Kingswood is how rewarding the job itself is. You get instant gratification for your hard work with every smile you see on a young persons face. With hard work and dedication you are encouraged to push yourself and gain new skills every single day. You are believed in and encouraged by the people around you and this makes you want to better yourself. It is such a positive working environment and even on 'bad days' you are surrounded by support and people who are always willing to help.

On the other hand, employee benefits and pay are quite a big issue. Despite progression and hard work, it never really feels like you are being rewarded. Even in a Senior Position, with a large workload and tight deadlines, I earn National Minimum Wage, as do the other people in equivalent positions throughout the UK. I understand 'starting from the bottom' and earning little, I just feel like once you have surpassed that and proved yourself to be capable of more, this should be reflected in your paycheck.

Overall though, I would rather work here on NMW than work anywhere else and earn more doing the same job, purely based on how much of a community this workplace creates. The management team at the Centre at which I am currently based is so supportive and encouraging. They make you feel welcome and at home every time you walk through the door, and are never too busy to
 - more...
It’s a good job, you get relevant experience for the industry and you meet great people along the way. The odd thing however let the place down which is sad. If they could fix those issues it would be 5* all around.
Average day at Kingswood would include 5 sessions along with an Evening Entertainment at the end. The job is fun but definitely not a career choice. The Pay is laughable as i walked away with £350 in the bank after paying for food and board. The job can be stressful at times and there is definitely a drinking culture.

Having said that i would recommend this job for those 18 year olds who wish to get out of the house, want to earn their own money, not tied down anywhere and want a bit of life experience. This job is great for personal development but is something to do in a gap year and not as a career move.
Alright working there but Kingswood senior service at hq very bad left me with a sour taste not very good customer service lack of help in that reguard.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingswood - Inspiring Learning. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8