Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom25 reviews
I gathered a vast amount of experience and knowledge throughout my 18 years of working at the hospital. I would definitely recommend working there as there is plenty of variety and lots of courses to keep you up to date with things.
I enjoyed my time there.

I decided to retire early as I felt I had done as much as I could in that role.

I am now looking for part time roles.
Great Place to work.
IT Team camaraderie within the Team I worked with, to get issues, projects completed and socializing.

Able to learn new technologies and share my experience with the Team.

Feeling of giving back to the End Users, when IT systems are working again.

IT Management needs to be re-aligned \ reviewed.

IT structure needs an overhaul to increase efficiency.
Fast paced office which can be change rapidly, great environment, friendly colleagues, supportive executive team, lots of scope to develop. Loved all 11 years of working here.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Nice place to work. Good Management. Nice teams. Nice staff restaurant. Good patient outcomes. Good CQC report. Overally Good experience at this Trust.
Good environment but I think they should find way to change the working environment in summer time. The uniform looks good but during summer time staff suffer a lot, I think the should provide summer uniform.
Excellent place to work located in a beautiful loaction right up the road from the busy town centre. Work was fast-paced and thoroughly challenging in a positive work environment
KHFT is a wonderful place to work. A beautiful and clean hospital with friendly staff. The only reason I want to leave is for personal career progression which unfortunately I don't get with my current job role.
I learned how to work in a team and how to care better about my patients plus as much training as I requestes/needed.

Really friendly people and really good hospital. The most ejoyable part was the connection that I created with the team.
Pros
discount in the cantinee
Cons
No Cons
great place to advance within the NHS if wanted. training programmes were available to employees easier than doing it alone. felt very valku/ed as part of a team
Pros
education
Cons
hours
Working at Kingston hospital over the last 3 years I can say there is a good work environment and well skilled friendly staff that look out for each other
A busy and fast-paced environment. Great communication skills, good time- management and friendly staff. Very clean and tidy and the senior members of staff are always great help and teaching new skills throughout.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
the management was very poor.
not helpful at all.

what was discuss at the interview completely contradicted to what was expected.

the doctors were good but the management and co ordinators were v poor and not professional at all.
This hospital has a lovely community feel but my department could do better at actually moving forward at developing both the staff and the actually work processes.
Pros
Annual leave allowance
Cons
Inflexible
Excellent place to work at, managers very supportive with a positive attitude.My mentors were good, always willing to answer any question, giving us up to date information. Encourages teamwork and good interpersonal relationships.
Working at Kingston Hospital was a pleasure. Although the hours were long and demanding the friendly staff and patients make it worthwhile. The canteen offers a variety of foods catering for both vegetarian and non vegetarian people.
Pros
staff car parking
Cons
Not everyone can get a staff parking permit. There is a waiting list.
could be a lot better which the salaries and also needs to be more flexable with lone parents. Lovely place to work as some memebrs of staff and quite friendly whislt others are rude. Management needs improving in all areas.
The management is very poor and you will be expected to wear yourself to the ground for very little pay. However I did stay for over 6 years and I can only assume that was because of the lovely people I worked with and the security the job brought me
Pros
Security
Cons
Poor management with little care or knowledge
Quite multicultural, friendly staff, people easy to approach. However really bad management in some wards. Very busy A&E. Surgical wards are very challenging but hightly developed.
Pros
Small place, quite friendly.
Cons
Very busy, over-whelming
Loved my job role and team but left due to pregnancy. Very supportive management and always there to help. Flexible but not for a single mother with first child.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Very long hours for poor pay. Enjoyable job. Busy emergency surgical ward..
Secure job with pension benefits. Care Certificate completed and DBS checked.
Pros
Pension and job security. Friendly professional team.
Cons
Long hours. Long shifts. Poor pay.
Lovely workplace, a huge diverse environment, with the ability to learn many valuable skills. Patient care at the highest of standards. A pleasure to work alongside inspiring people
Cons
Hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Location