Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Busy place
Registered General Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London18 August 2017
Quite multicultural, friendly staff, people easy to approach. However really bad management in some wards. Very busy A&E. Surgical wards are very challenging but hightly developed.
Pros
Small place, quite friendly.
Cons
Very busy, over-whelming
Great team work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London22 July 2017
Loved my job role and team but left due to pregnancy. Very supportive management and always there to help. Flexible but not for a single mother with first child.
Pros
Team work
Friendly team
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London4 April 2017
Very long hours for poor pay. Enjoyable job. Busy emergency surgical ward..
Secure job with pension benefits. Care Certificate completed and DBS checked.
Pros
Pension and job security. Friendly professional team.
Cons
Long hours. Long shifts. Poor pay.
Productive educational enjoyable
Maternity assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames10 March 2017
Lovely workplace, a huge diverse environment, with the ability to learn many valuable skills. Patient care at the highest of standards. A pleasure to work alongside inspiring people
Cons
Hours
Very rewarding job
HCA (Current Employee) –  London18 January 2017
I learnt how to properly undertake patient observation including pulse, temperature, respiration and blood pressure checking and record reading clearly and accurately. I am also responsible for assisting patients with their mobility or rehabilitation while maintaining their privacy and dignity at all times. During this time patients are very pleased with what we doing for them.
Cons
It was a good place to work
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, ENG25 March 2015
It was a very extremely busy position of Medical Secretary within the Gynaecology Department. Myself and my colleagues got along very well.

New Management came in and decided to change everything around which has caused a lot of dissatisfaction within the Department including with the Consultants, some of whom have been left without a Secretary for 3 months and longer.

Dealing with Patients was the most rewarding and heartbreaking part of the job as I worked with suspected ovarian, endometrial and cervical cancer patients. They were the most lovely and, at times, difficult people to work with and confidentiality and professionalism was used to speak with them, without giving anything away.

It was my choice to move away from Kingston Hospital as after it became a Foundation Trust, the care of the Patients seems to be secondary to making money and I could not work in that kind of environment. I was very sorry to leave my Consultant and he was very sorry to lose me.
Cons
long hours, no benefits, bad managers
proactive and independent
Administrative Assistant/ Admissions Officer (Band (Current Employee) –  london11 March 2015
typical day at work would be having to book patients into a required clinic as well as constantly communicate with patients and acknowledging their illness. i have learnt to communicate more and this has achieved my confidence at a greater level, and has placed a greater impact within my personal and work environment. working with co-workers has been a experience as i have been working with multiple people with a different approach, which also helped with team based work that gave a me the experience to view other peoples views. the hardest part of the job i would say is multitasking which involved a lot of under pressure work and the ability to prioritize the work load, but this helped me work at my best and give me a greater opportunity to achieve better and learn the ways of multitasking. i enjoyed learning new things with in the trust, this gave me the chance to achieve better and rate myself a step higher than to what i am now. communicating with patients upon a constant basis was what i loved the most as had the chance to introduce myself and get to know the patients and help them in need when required.