Kingsley Healthcare Ltd Employee Reviews

Featured review
Kingsley Healthcare Ltd selected this as a representative review
Very rewarding job
Activities Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Downham Market, Norfolk16 July 2019
This is a very rewarding job good hours good pay good management staff very friendly and helpful overall nice place to work
productive
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downham Market23 May 2016
A typical day would be to begin with wipe down all the surfaces with anti-bacterial spray and the trollies for breakfast... I would then have to load the trollies with food the chef has cooked for breakfast and cutlery... These would then be sent out and I would go and clean any mess. When the trollies come back I would wash everything that was on it and the trolly too for it to then be set up for lunch and then again for dinner... After dinner I would usually start moping up the floor in the storage rooms and then after everything is done I would then mop and spray the kitchen all of which had to be done in the best of my ability.
What I learnt about this job is that I had to work in a specific time line because if i were to be to slow I would then create more work for myself, but if too quick I end up having nothing to do which doesn't look good.
The people who I worked with helped me out when I needed help as did I for them when they needed it... We were all polite to one another and it was a healthy atmosphere.
Usually the hardest part of the shift would be after lunch where everything just comes in too quick and piles up making things difficult else where if you and the chef are the only two in the kitchen. I would say the easiest part of the shift would be in the morning where everything is slowed paced and it's easy to keep up.
Pros
good pay and polite staff
Cons
Not very flexible with days and not enough break
26 April 2019

We appreciate your constructive comments about working at Downham Grange.

Good experience
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG27 August 2015
During a typical day, I would cater to patients needs, i.e. serving food and drink, helping less mobile patients move around the building, build and form professional relationships with both patients and co-workers. Need to learn how to quickly adapt to new and different situations, however, it is beneficial when done. The most enjoyable part of this job would be being able to develop relationships with the service users and learn about different cultures and the different experiences they all had.
fun work place
Part time waitress (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS28 July 2015
well working at the willows I had a laugh with the locals who came in and spoke, I spoke to people to see if they were happy with what they had asked for, and I always made them welcome and answered questions they asked
Pros
tips
Challeniging
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ENG12 June 2015
Staff member was very easy to take advantage of me to for food and would complain about what i was told to cook and i would be put alot of pressure to do certain jobs
26 April 2019

Thank you for your review about working at Woodbridge Lodge.
We always advise staff to raise any issues or concerns they may have at the time.

rewarding
Support Worker, (Former Employee) –  blackpool21 February 2015
when I worked at the willows I cleaned cooked and generally made the life of the residents happier by helping them do things in life they couldn't manage themselves ie going to the shops,cinema and everyday actives they couldn't manage by themselves
Pros
close to home
Cons
was ery long tiring hours
26 April 2019

Thank you for your review about working at The Willows and we appreciate your commitment to our residents.

fun
labouring (Former Employee) –  coalville13 February 2015
enjoyable days with fun bubbly people. nice work and nice jobs.working away was good and we had a good laugh. employer was a top bloke
Rewarding and challenging role.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lowestoft, Suffolk10 January 2015
Promoting an active participation among residents where dignity, respect and privacy is being empowered; the key responsibility of the role which is applied daily. This is done by being involve in a hard working team that has a goal of promoting person centered care for individuals in the home. With the management on the side, providing training's and seminars, skills are being enhanced. The hardest part of the job is it being challenging, but at the same time it is also the most enjoyable part of the job. It is a continuous learning process that develops you not just as an employee but also to become a better person. Not a day is the same in this industry.
26 April 2019

We appreciate your positive comments about the varied life you enjoy working as a support worker.

Kitchen assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooke, ENG22 October 2014
great place to work at, no complain at all managers and colleagues are great and we all work as a team.
Pros
very good management and colleagues
Cons
hard work however i believe that there are no easy job.
26 April 2019

Thank you for your five star review about working at Brooke House. It's team work that makes our care homes prosper.

Enjoyable but not rewarding.
Events Coordinator / Barman and Waiter (Current Employee) –  Blackburn7 May 2014
The actual work environment is fine, my co-workers are fantastic to work with, but unfortunately the progression for the company is small, the salary in which is provided is national minimum wage, and with this particular industry being unsociable hours, there is no personal lifestyle to live, and you have to work extra hard and extremely long hours to be paid a half decent wage.

On the upside, I am paid weekly which helps be with my budgeting, and the most enjoyable part of my job is just the fantastic relationships I have built with not only my co-workers but with some of my customers as well. It's always a joy to provide an enjoyable and professional service and turn somebodies day into a happy one.

I've learned a lot about the industry in general, whether its the basics of how a pub/restaurant should run, such as; table service, quality of drinks, good customer environment. Also basics on keeping a pub running smoothly and with high quality beverages. such as cleaning the pipes to provide fresh tasting clean beer/cider/lager/sodas and the rotation of stock,

Overall I do enjoy working at the Willows but I want to pursue within an industry that allows me to use my degree.
Small home managed by people in close relationship and family members.
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Colchester6 February 2014
Working with disabled people in their daily routines. Enjoyable and rewarding. Staff a bit unprofessional at times and you can see who is in the family when u work there.
Pros
outings, activities with the residents
Cons
staff bit unprofessional at times
a producative and homely work place
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, ENG10 September 2013
This was my very initial workplace where I got first opportunity to serve disabled clients with mental and physical health issues. Moreover, I got the chance to work with staff from different cultural origins. It is a very homely and productive work place. Couple of the clients were jovial and had very good memory, they use to crack jokes around and make the environment very happy and friendly. The hardest part of the job was long hours with very short lunch breaks on long days. I t was very tiring and demanding.There were very limited opportunities to explore the experience in diverse clinical conditions .For instance, clients with learning disability, autism, chromosomal anomalies(Down syndrome) etc. All in all, I still enjoyed working with them.
Pros
computer accessability to accomplish the trainings online in free time (off work)
Cons
limited opportunities for professional knowledge and growth
A busy and established environment
Healthcare assistant - Customer service (Current Employee) –  Bedford, ENG8 August 2013
I enjoyed working in a team and communicate with people.
I have learned to understand people from different background and levels.
The hardest part of the job, Management sometime tried to pressure staffs above their levels of job title.
I am flexible and hard working and will obeyed my manager with due respect.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
36 hours per weeks. Overtime 42 hours sometimes
nice environment
care assistant (Former Employee) –  wolverhampton19 April 2013
taking care of elderly, working as a part of a team, the hardest part was dealing with elderly when they were in pain, but at the same time very rewarding job.
Pros
free ongoing training
Cons
very friendly environment to work in
care asistant (Former Employee) –  brieley hill ,kinswinford4 January 2013
realy enjoyed working there in a friendly environment staff an elderly were friendly ,i loved looking after elderly as part of my job .
Pros
free meals
Cons
not enuff hours