Kingsley Healthcare Ltd Employee Reviews

Featured review
Kingsley Healthcare Ltd selected this as a representative review
Very rewarding job
Activities Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Downham Market, Norfolk16 July 2019
This is a very rewarding job good hours good pay good management staff very friendly and helpful overall nice place to work
Do not apply for any job in this company !!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  North West20 August 2018
If you value your career do not even consider taking a job in this company. The senior management haven’t got a clue when it comes to caring. All they are worried about is profit margins. If you don’t fill the beds you get sacked. The homes are under funded and nothing is provided to enhance the residents quality of life. Terrible company the worst I have come across in thirty years in the business. They should be named and shamed.
Pros
Cons
No Support from head office. Always the homes fault when something is wrong
26 April 2019

We are sorry you had such a negative experience working for the company and wish you good luck in your future career.
The many long-serving staff we have are testament to the positive feelings many people have about Kingsley.
Our focus is very much on quality of life in our homes for both residents and staff and this is reflected in the fact that more than 80pc of our homes have good CQC ratings.

Avoid this company dreadful management at the very top spoil it all
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eye, Suffolk11 August 2018
The actual care staff housekeeping and chefs and those managers in charge try so hard but due to the dreadful budgets training pay and long hours they on time leave
Such a shame but no one should workloke that heads always roll if you stand up to them
If your face doesn’t fit and you speech out they get rid of you
Wonderful staff they try so hard but those at the top spoil it
I would not allow my grandparents go into any of their homes
Pros
Hard working staff
Cons
Poor past long hours top managers
26 April 2019

Thank you for your positive remarks about our hard-working staff.
We are always keen to listen to feedback and our head office management team has very regular dialogue with the managers of all our homes, giving them the opportunity to raise any issues or concerns.

Workplace
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knutsford7 July 2018
I worked here last year for three months, I loved my job helping clients made my day, I worked my hardest all day everyday when I was in work and for some reason that wasn't enough for them. On numerous occasions I was made to feel very small and I cried a few times because of how I was treated. Management were awful, if you had an issue it wouldn't be resolved. I went to management on a few occasions but it was shrugged off. Some staff members SHOULD NOT have been working in that care home.
I was very sad to have had to leave because I loved each client very much, unfortunately because of how I was made to feel I was unable to carry on working for this company.
Pros
Free Lunch, Lovely residents
Cons
Long hours, bad staff and management
26 April 2019

We are sorry you had an unhappy experience working at Sharston House and wish you good luck in your future career.
We would always advise staff to take up any issues or concerns straightaway, in the first instance with the home manager.
The fact Sharston House is well led with a fantastic team is reflected in their recent glowing CQC report.

Enjoyed
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire2 July 2018
I did 2 weeks work experience. Everyone was very lovely to work with and the children were always a priority.
I swapped between all the ages of children and found that my favourite were the 1-2 year olds
great atmosphere
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Heywood, Greater Manchester14 June 2018
a typical day in work was very relaxed and happy. The place was a pleasant place to work in as it was filled with locals who were friendly. i enjoyed getting to know people there and forming relationships with people. the management was good, and they listened to any problem you had. the hardest part of the job was being on your feet for many hours.
Pros
free food
Management needs reviewing
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk13 March 2018
In house there were some great members of staff; willing to go the extra mile for their residents, families and other team members. Yet their efforts were often overlooked by management.
No scope for progression, next to useless training (due to budgets) and a lack of support from ops team.
Work loads far too high for the budgeted hours; with overtime rarely being rewarded.
Lack of decent funds for activities, with some staff having to dig into their own pockets to provide newspapers or greetings cards.
Poor people skills on behalf of the home manager, who avoided dealing with complaints, and was often heard berating staff to other team members.
The home itself was lovely; poor leadership brought it down.
Pros
Met some truly caring people
Cons
Image more imortant than care
26 April 2019

We are glad you acknowledge the hard work of your colleagues but are sorry you have a negative impression about some aspects of the company.
We place a big emphasis on training and all staff should undergo a thorough induction.
The way we value staff is demonstrated by our introduction of an employee of the month scheme and our annual Kingsley Care Awards. The way staff can progress through hard work is in evidence at every home.
Activities are a priority in our homes and we invest significant sums in the sector leading Oomph Wellness programmes.

26 April 2019

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your comments about hard-working members of staff.
However, evidence does not support you comments about training and progression possibilities.
All our staff should go through a thorough induction and there is regular, ongoing training.
We have many senior staff members who started out as support workers or domestics and they are testament to how you can progress through hard work.

beware of senior management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norfolk11 January 2018
Home environment satisfactory, but spoilt by company senior management creating culture of fear, and do not value staff.
Environment pleasant and residents cared for well.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Company Senior Management
26 April 2019

Thank you for your feedback.
We appreciate your comments regarding the standard of care and environment in our homes.
However, we must insist that we do truly value our staff and understand they are at the heart of what we do.
This is reflected in our good training, opportunities for progression, sector-leading pay rates and initiatives such as employee of the month.

long shiftsand hardwork
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hinckley6 December 2017
very hard work for a small renumeration however very rewarding by making a real difference to residents
I worked night shifts which were a 12 hour shift, can be very boring a times and an awful lot of paperwork to be completed
Pros
the residents
Terrible
Carer (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft, Suffolk6 December 2017
Bad mangagment throughout, poor training and working conditions. Rude staff that don't speak very good English, residents treated ok but not good enough.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Too many to mention
26 April 2019

It's a shame you had a bad experience.
All three of our care homes in Lowestoft - two elderly care and one LD - have good CQC inspection reports and are highly regarded in the community.

My experience at Brooke house
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooke19 October 2017
I worked at Brooke house for nearly 3 years. It was great when i first started with that current manager. During my time there, the manager changed over. With this change in management , the dynamics between staff were different and difficult at times. I handed in my notice and that manager left. Brooke house currently is under a lovely manager. I feel that it would be better for me and my home life to work a bit nearer to Bungay.
I really enjoyed working with people with dementia and mental health illnesses. It was very rewarding and obviously very emotional but lovely to make a difference in their lives at such a vulnerable time.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
part time
26 April 2019

We appreciate your positive comments about working at Brooke House.

Hard work and productive
Employee (Former Employee) –  Somerset19 September 2017
A typical day there would be answering any phone calls from future guests, as well as meeting and greeting present guests.
Other day to day tasks included: making sure the Bed and Breakfast was up to a high standard, making food and taking care of the dogs.
Former employee
Night Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk27 August 2017
Never have I seen such a poor example of care than these.
Bad management.
No structure.
Mistreatment of residents ignored.
No confidentiality.
Very bad place to work.

No benefit from this place at all.

Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Lots
26 April 2019

It is difficult to respond to your comments.
Both of Kingsley's care homes in the Yarmouth area, one elderly care and one LD, have good CQC ratings, strong leaders and a tremendous reputation in the local community.

Working as a carer
Carer (Former Employee) –  Brooke, Norfolk26 July 2017
As a carer I helped people with their day to day life. This includes help to wash and get dressed, assisting to the bathroom, assisting to walk and eat and drink. We would have to clean each room every morning and keep the home tidy when possible.

Management were helpful in some ways but not all and were not very involved with the residents.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to help people who need you help.

The hardest part of the job was constantly being short staffed.
Pros
Wok hours
Cons
short staff every day
26 April 2019

Thank you for taking the trouble to tell us about your experience of working at Brooke House.

wouldn't work there again
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Partington18 May 2017
Wouldn't work for this company again would avoid as a recommendation to anyone hope this helps management lies the residents are mistreated due to understaffed and when reported to management nothing was done and the problem continued
26 April 2019

We are sorry you had a negative experience working at Four Oaks.
We would always advise staff to raise issues or complaints with the home manager at the time.
The success of the home is reflected in its good CQC report.

Work
dont wish to specify (Current Employee) –  Brooke, Norfolk1 March 2017
The house is very remote and therefore the commute is long. The staff are generally fun however internal conflicts arise occasionally. However, they pay above min wage and overall treat me well.
26 April 2019

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that you enjoy being part of the team at Brooke House.

Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft, Suffolk23 February 2017
I enjoyed working here, I got along with most staff, however not all due to some being rather rude. One thing I did not like about working here was the management, they wet very rude and removed my contact from me after taking two days off sick. Therefore I ended up leaving the place.
Pros
Contract in place
26 April 2019

Thank you for providing feedback on your time at Kingsley. We wish you luck in your future career.

Avoid
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterlooville23 January 2017
Very one sided management only want to hear what
If you smoke you got it made
Night staff are treated like dirt day staff can do no wrong

Management dont listen to staff when it comes to residents
Enjoyable working environment
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Felixstowe, UK22 January 2017
•Enjoyed working proficiently in a team to deliver person-centred care.
•Gained exception communicational skills through communicating diligently and politely to patients, family member and other members of staff.
•Attained valuable dementia care training which was utilised effectively to meet the needs of the patients.
•Obtained organisation skills by filling medical records and keeping track of stocks.
•Worked flexible hours to meet the demands of the Nursing home.
•Assisting senior health carers with training and motivating new members of staffs.
26 April 2019

Thank you for your very positive comments about what it is like to work for Kingsley Healthcare.

Sharston House
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knutsford24 September 2016
- A typical day at work consisted of 11 hours a day with a short break

- I had to work under pressure to make sure that the clients were completely satisfied with their meals. Customer service was paramount and we had to meet the specific dietary requirements of each client. Teamwork was also necessary and allowed me to fulfil my job expectations.

-Management were organised and also worked under pressure to make sure that everything ran smoothly.

-My co-workers all worked hard to deliver a quality product and I enjoyed being part of the team.

-The hardest part of the job was the long hours and adapting quickly to new expectations specified from management. There wasn't always time for training so i needed to think on my feet.

-The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and developing a good relationship with the clients. This allowed me to respond to their needs and develop a high quality service.
Pros
Job satisfaction
26 April 2019

Thank you for your constructive comments regarding your time at Sharston House.

Productive and rewarding
Senior support worker (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge7 June 2016
Although very stressful and hard the rewards of the job make it all worth it making a difference to someone's life is the most enjoyable and rewarding benefit of this job.
26 April 2019

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad you enjoy working at Woodbridge Lodge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingsley Healthcare Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6