Kingsley Healthcare Ltd Employee Review

View all Kingsley Healthcare Ltd reviews

Good money, terrible company to work for
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Norfolk30 May 2019
Very poorly organised, and many shifts run short staffed - at times the workload is barely managable and sometimes unsafe.
Constantly changing management means the home is in limbo with no progression, stable set of values or improvement.
Training and competency building for staff is none existent and there is little scope for progession (especially if you are hardworking and reliable).

There is a negative culture in terms of raising concerns of poor quality care, and no culture of reflection or learning from mistakes.
The company seem budget driven and know very little about person centred care.
The budget for activities for the residents are insufficient which has a direct impact upon quality of life for the residents.

Overall the position is well paid, but this is out weighed by poor organisational structure, ineffectual management and unprofessionalism.

(To preempt a response from Kingsley - I have contacted management many times regarding concerns but generally this was a waste of time as invariably no improvement is ever made).
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too many to list
2 July 2019

We are pleased you recognise that Kingsley is a sector leader in the rates of pay we offer.
This reflects the way we value our staff and appreciate their passion and professionalism.
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your time at Kingsley but must take issue with nearly all the points you raise.
There is a huge focus on staff training with an in-house Kingsley Academy and energetic training manager in place.
Activities are at the heart of every home and we invest massively in the industry leading Oomph Wellness programme.

Other Kingsley Healthcare Ltd Employee Reviews

Best place I've ever worked!
Support Worker (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Norfolk7 September 2019
Absolutely love my job, the only place I've ever worked where I can honestly say I could be here for years!
The staff and residents are amazing, you're always thanked and appreciated for going the extra mile such as picking up extra shifts, work morale is brilliant. I never feel like I'm at work when I'm here because it's so much fun.
Pros
Cons
11 September 2019

It's great to hear about a happy home where staff really enjoy their job. We appreciate your positive review.

Awful. Unprofessional and Unfair if you're not the favourite. Avoid!
Laundry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suffolk6 September 2019
I worked part time. Manager here this year was very young, inexperienced and disrespectful.
Approached the manager on several occasions about the possibility of working more hours ie cleaning in addition to my role. Was told there wasn't any money in the budget, to the find out the other assistant had been given the extra hours !
URealuunprofessional unutehouUUUnprofessionalRealunprofessional
11 September 2019

Thank you for your review.
We are sorry you did not enjoy your time working for Kingsley.
Our research shows that the vast majority of our staff enjoy their job and having a happy team is key to running successful care homes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingsley Healthcare Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6