Kingsley Healthcare Ltd Employee Reviews for Support Worker

2.4Job Security & Advancement
Featured review
Kingsley Healthcare Ltd selected this as a representative review
Very rewarding job
Activities Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Downham Market, Norfolk16 July 2019
This is a very rewarding job good hours good pay good management staff very friendly and helpful overall nice place to work
Best place I've ever worked!
Support Worker (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Norfolk7 September 2019
Absolutely love my job, the only place I've ever worked where I can honestly say I could be here for years!
The staff and residents are amazing, you're always thanked and appreciated for going the extra mile such as picking up extra shifts, work morale is brilliant. I never feel like I'm at work when I'm here because it's so much fun.
11 September 2019

It's great to hear about a happy home where staff really enjoy their job. We appreciate your positive review.

If your face fits your fine
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Knutsford, Cheshire3 August 2019
Average day starts usually very short staffed with nurses and support workers desperately ringing round trying to persuade other support workers to come and cover shifts. The usual personal care and whatever assistance residents need for that day, Your free meal on shift consists of the leftovers from the residents lunch, the quality is often poor, and definitely not locally sourced fresh produce as advertised in the home. The manager is inapproachable, very good at ignoring issues and blames everyone else instead of dealing with it them self. If your face doesn't fit with any staff, from the manager down to the support workers your soon dismissed or forced to leave. Hardest part of the job is under staffing every day for months on end, lack of residents toiletries, using someone elses things to shower or wash a resident is not fair and a generally miserable atmosphere throughout the home. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting in the car to go home.
11 September 2019

Before I address individual points and factual errors, I would say that the picture you paint would be unrecognisable to anyone I know who works at or visits the home.
Our glowing CQC report would not have been such if we had problems of under-staffing or a manager who did not listen.
In fact, I can say with complete confidence that Nishi is a well respected manager who strives constantly and passionately to improve the home's already very high standards.
There is a great team and a great team spirit and everyone I have asked enjoys the fresh, quality food. There is always enough for everyone!

Nice staff where I work but did not deal with complaints very well as alot of bullying going on
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Uk15 July 2019
A nice place where I work alot of the staff where really good at there job but some where just bullies . They never looked after the job staff and treated them well this was mostly down to the managers and the way the home was run or Not run in the case where I worked for 6.5 years . If it was managed right would be alot better would go back but don't think that will happen.
Pros
No we didn't
Cons
Yes very long hours no family life for some off us
Think about working here
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Branksome2 June 2019
Worked at kingsley for 2 years was very happy there untill new management , you know the saying if your face fits, you where ok if you did not say anything about what was going on , out of date medication, resident left venables, wrong medication and DNR sent to hospital with the wrong resident the higher staff and management didn't care as long as the room where filling up . Staff buying biscuits and toiletries for residents . The normal short of staff at nights , think twices if you are going to work there .
When you complain to head office you get no reply they just ignore you that is how much they think about there staff , also the whistleblowing policies is not worth the paper in it written on . I have not worked for them now over 2 months still waiting for p45 , i have had no reply from the home even those i have email them twice , all i can say is karma it will come back and bite them on the bum
Pros
Staff are lovely
Cons
Manament
2 July 2019

We are sorry to hear your time at one of our homes ended unhappily.
We always investigate complaints diligently but must say, frankly, that the picture you paint is not one recognised by anyone else we have heard from.
The home has a recent good CQC report and is renowned for its happy atmosphere and fantastic staff team.
Our staff at head office are always receptive to suggestions about how they can support homes better.

Used to be fun to work here.
Support worker full time (Former Employee) –  North West22 October 2018
An average day starts with handover, this usually includes the managers too. During handovers the support workers are often told off and left feeling humiliated by managers, for small ridiculous things that occurred days ago, these should have been dealt with confidentially on a 1-1 basis in the office. The rest of the day involves full support of residents, washing, meals, toilet assistance and tidying rooms etc.

I learnt very quickly to just keep your head down and not make any suggestions or any form of useful comments, you will be ignored. Fellow workers will report you to managers for silly things.

The senior care staff do their best to organise the running of the shifts, but there are a lot of support workers who ignore the seniors and just do their own thing, and the managers let them get away with it.

Hardest part of the job is high staff turnover and sickness, leaving all support workers to pick up the extra work with little thanks. Rotas get changed with no thought for family or childcare. If you need to attend an appointment you don't get time off, you have to swap shifts with another worker. Don't expect to get to work every other weekend, they will say at interview that is what you will get, in reality you might get a full weekend off once a month.
Pros
A free meal when you work a 12 hr shift.
Cons
Long hours, sometimes working 3 or 4 12 hr shifts in a row.
26 April 2019

Thank you for your feedback.
We are sorry you have a negative view about some aspects of the company and the home where you worked.
We always advise staff to raise any concerns they have straightaway, in the first instance with the home manager.

Management needs reviewing
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk13 March 2018
In house there were some great members of staff; willing to go the extra mile for their residents, families and other team members. Yet their efforts were often overlooked by management.
No scope for progression, next to useless training (due to budgets) and a lack of support from ops team.
Work loads far too high for the budgeted hours; with overtime rarely being rewarded.
Lack of decent funds for activities, with some staff having to dig into their own pockets to provide newspapers or greetings cards.
Poor people skills on behalf of the home manager, who avoided dealing with complaints, and was often heard berating staff to other team members.
The home itself was lovely; poor leadership brought it down.
Pros
Met some truly caring people
Cons
Image more imortant than care
26 April 2019

We are glad you acknowledge the hard work of your colleagues but are sorry you have a negative impression about some aspects of the company.
We place a big emphasis on training and all staff should undergo a thorough induction.
The way we value staff is demonstrated by our introduction of an employee of the month scheme and our annual Kingsley Care Awards. The way staff can progress through hard work is in evidence at every home.
Activities are a priority in our homes and we invest significant sums in the sector leading Oomph Wellness programmes.

26 April 2019

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your comments about hard-working members of staff.
However, evidence does not support you comments about training and progression possibilities.
All our staff should go through a thorough induction and there is regular, ongoing training.
We have many senior staff members who started out as support workers or domestics and they are testament to how you can progress through hard work.

My experience at Brooke house
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooke19 October 2017
I worked at Brooke house for nearly 3 years. It was great when i first started with that current manager. During my time there, the manager changed over. With this change in management , the dynamics between staff were different and difficult at times. I handed in my notice and that manager left. Brooke house currently is under a lovely manager. I feel that it would be better for me and my home life to work a bit nearer to Bungay.
I really enjoyed working with people with dementia and mental health illnesses. It was very rewarding and obviously very emotional but lovely to make a difference in their lives at such a vulnerable time.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
part time
26 April 2019

We appreciate your positive comments about working at Brooke House.

wouldn't work there again
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Partington18 May 2017
Wouldn't work for this company again would avoid as a recommendation to anyone hope this helps management lies the residents are mistreated due to understaffed and when reported to management nothing was done and the problem continued
26 April 2019

We are sorry you had a negative experience working at Four Oaks.
We would always advise staff to raise issues or complaints with the home manager at the time.
The success of the home is reflected in its good CQC report.

Productive and rewarding
Senior support worker (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge7 June 2016
Although very stressful and hard the rewards of the job make it all worth it making a difference to someone's life is the most enjoyable and rewarding benefit of this job.
26 April 2019

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad you enjoy working at Woodbridge Lodge.

rewarding
Support Worker, (Former Employee) –  blackpool21 February 2015
when I worked at the willows I cleaned cooked and generally made the life of the residents happier by helping them do things in life they couldn't manage themselves ie going to the shops,cinema and everyday actives they couldn't manage by themselves
Pros
close to home
Cons
was ery long tiring hours
26 April 2019

Thank you for your review about working at The Willows and we appreciate your commitment to our residents.

Rewarding and challenging role.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lowestoft, Suffolk10 January 2015
Promoting an active participation among residents where dignity, respect and privacy is being empowered; the key responsibility of the role which is applied daily. This is done by being involve in a hard working team that has a goal of promoting person centered care for individuals in the home. With the management on the side, providing training's and seminars, skills are being enhanced. The hardest part of the job is it being challenging, but at the same time it is also the most enjoyable part of the job. It is a continuous learning process that develops you not just as an employee but also to become a better person. Not a day is the same in this industry.
26 April 2019

We appreciate your positive comments about the varied life you enjoy working as a support worker.

Small home managed by people in close relationship and family members.
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Colchester6 February 2014
Working with disabled people in their daily routines. Enjoyable and rewarding. Staff a bit unprofessional at times and you can see who is in the family when u work there.
Pros
outings, activities with the residents
Cons
staff bit unprofessional at times