Kingsley Healthcare Ltd Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

2.4Job Security & Advancement
Featured review
Kingsley Healthcare Ltd selected this as a representative review
Very rewarding job
Activities Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Downham Market, Norfolk16 July 2019
This is a very rewarding job good hours good pay good management staff very friendly and helpful overall nice place to work
Hardwork but fun
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk25 February 2019
Though it is a hardwork and busy it is fun too. Its a carehome of many kinds either for the elderly or for the persons who have mental health so you have to have patience and also be kind
26 April 2019

Thank you for your positive review. We are fortunate to have a great manager at our home in Great Yarmouth and she is supported by a tremendous team.

Avoid this company dreadful management at the very top spoil it all
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eye, Suffolk11 August 2018
The actual care staff housekeeping and chefs and those managers in charge try so hard but due to the dreadful budgets training pay and long hours they on time leave
Such a shame but no one should workloke that heads always roll if you stand up to them
If your face doesn’t fit and you speech out they get rid of you
Wonderful staff they try so hard but those at the top spoil it
I would not allow my grandparents go into any of their homes
Pros
Hard working staff
Cons
Poor past long hours top managers
26 April 2019

Thank you for your positive remarks about our hard-working staff.
We are always keen to listen to feedback and our head office management team has very regular dialogue with the managers of all our homes, giving them the opportunity to raise any issues or concerns.

Workplace
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knutsford7 July 2018
I worked here last year for three months, I loved my job helping clients made my day, I worked my hardest all day everyday when I was in work and for some reason that wasn't enough for them. On numerous occasions I was made to feel very small and I cried a few times because of how I was treated. Management were awful, if you had an issue it wouldn't be resolved. I went to management on a few occasions but it was shrugged off. Some staff members SHOULD NOT have been working in that care home.
I was very sad to have had to leave because I loved each client very much, unfortunately because of how I was made to feel I was unable to carry on working for this company.
Pros
Free Lunch, Lovely residents
Cons
Long hours, bad staff and management
26 April 2019

We are sorry you had an unhappy experience working at Sharston House and wish you good luck in your future career.
We would always advise staff to take up any issues or concerns straightaway, in the first instance with the home manager.
The fact Sharston House is well led with a fantastic team is reflected in their recent glowing CQC report.

Former employee
Night Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk27 August 2017
Never have I seen such a poor example of care than these.
Bad management.
No structure.
Mistreatment of residents ignored.
No confidentiality.
Very bad place to work.

No benefit from this place at all.

Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Lots
26 April 2019

It is difficult to respond to your comments.
Both of Kingsley's care homes in the Yarmouth area, one elderly care and one LD, have good CQC ratings, strong leaders and a tremendous reputation in the local community.

Good experience
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG27 August 2015
During a typical day, I would cater to patients needs, i.e. serving food and drink, helping less mobile patients move around the building, build and form professional relationships with both patients and co-workers. Need to learn how to quickly adapt to new and different situations, however, it is beneficial when done. The most enjoyable part of this job would be being able to develop relationships with the service users and learn about different cultures and the different experiences they all had.
nice environment
care assistant (Former Employee) –  wolverhampton19 April 2013
taking care of elderly, working as a part of a team, the hardest part was dealing with elderly when they were in pain, but at the same time very rewarding job.
Pros
free ongoing training
Cons
very friendly environment to work in
care asistant (Former Employee) –  brieley hill ,kinswinford4 January 2013
realy enjoyed working there in a friendly environment staff an elderly were friendly ,i loved looking after elderly as part of my job .
Pros
free meals
Cons
not enuff hours