Kingsley Healthcare Ltd Employee Reviews

Featured review
Kingsley Healthcare Ltd selected this as a representative review
Very rewarding job
Activities Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Downham Market, Norfolk16 July 2019
This is a very rewarding job good hours good pay good management staff very friendly and helpful overall nice place to work
If your face fits your fine
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Knutsford, Cheshire3 August 2019
Average day starts usually very short staffed with nurses and support workers desperately ringing round trying to persuade other support workers to come and cover shifts. The usual personal care and whatever assistance residents need for that day, Your free meal on shift consists of the leftovers from the residents lunch, the quality is often poor, and definitely not locally sourced fresh produce as advertised in the home. The manager is inapproachable, very good at ignoring issues and blames everyone else instead of dealing with it them self. If your face doesn't fit with any staff, from the manager down to the support workers your soon dismissed or forced to leave. Hardest part of the job is under staffing every day for months on end, lack of residents toiletries, using someone elses things to shower or wash a resident is not fair and a generally miserable atmosphere throughout the home. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting in the car to go home.
Disgraceful
Mug (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, Dorset19 July 2019
One of the worst care homes.
Have had more managers than hot dinners. Staff turnover is diabolical. New staff are getting paid more than current staff. Not fair at all, no equality.
All for show when head office turn up and then back to normal once they’ve left.
Staff are overworked, not enough staff so hard working and loyal staff get more and more put on them, to the point of exhaustion.
The ONE and ONLY positive is the residents, who are lovely but deserve so so much more than what they’re paying for.
Avoid this company.
Pros
The lovely residents
Cons
Not enough time to write them all
Worst company
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft18 July 2019
Whilst working here I witnessed a senior staff member flushing prescribed medication down the toilet because he’s forgot to give it. I witnessed another staff member shove a resident into a corner and nothing was done about it. Poorly run company and home. The residents are lovely amongst a few staff members.
Cons
Nice staff where I work but did not deal with complaints very well as alot of bullying going on
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Uk15 July 2019
A nice place where I work alot of the staff where really good at there job but some where just bullies . They never looked after the job staff and treated them well this was mostly down to the managers and the way the home was run or Not run in the case where I worked for 6.5 years . If it was managed right would be alot better would go back but don't think that will happen.
Pros
No we didn't
Cons
Yes very long hours no family life for some off us
Unstable
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Downham Market9 July 2019
Unstable management to much rotation off home management and to much interference from outside management
Pros
Helping residents
Cons
Company treatment of management and staff
10 July 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you well in your future career.

Best Care Service in Bournemouth
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset3 July 2019
I have had the pleasure of working at branksome Heights care home for over 2 years now, and in that time I have learnt so much and grown with the company. Kingsley value there staff and always ensure they invest time and effort to ensure the residents are cared for with a great amount of love and affection.
Pros
Career Progression - Fun Work Environment - Professional
Dreadful company
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Norfolk3 July 2019
It's all about the profit. Staff are not looked after and 'got rid of' easily. They are not supported, paid the lowest wage they can get away with and have few benefits.
10 July 2019

We are sorry you did not enjoy your time with Kingsley.
However, we must correct your claims concerning how staff are treated.
We aim to pay higher rates of pay than all our competitors and that is testament to the way we value our staff.
We are proud to have many long-serving staff which, we hope, is a reflection of the way we treat them.
We support staff from the day they start with comprehensive training and show our appreciation to them in numerous ways, including our annual awards and employee of the month scheme.

Think about working here
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Branksome2 June 2019
Worked at kingsley for 2 years was very happy there untill new management , you know the saying if your face fits, you where ok if you did not say anything about what was going on , out of date medication, resident left venables, wrong medication and DNR sent to hospital with the wrong resident the higher staff and management didn't care as long as the room where filling up . Staff buying biscuits and toiletries for residents . The normal short of staff at nights , think twices if you are going to work there .
When you complain to head office you get no reply they just ignore you that is how much they think about there staff , also the whistleblowing policies is not worth the paper in it written on . I have not worked for them now over 2 months still waiting for p45 , i have had no reply from the home even those i have email them twice , all i can say is karma it will come back and bite them on the bum
Pros
Staff are lovely
Cons
Manament
2 July 2019

We are sorry to hear your time at one of our homes ended unhappily.
We always investigate complaints diligently but must say, frankly, that the picture you paint is not one recognised by anyone else we have heard from.
The home has a recent good CQC report and is renowned for its happy atmosphere and fantastic staff team.
Our staff at head office are always receptive to suggestions about how they can support homes better.

Good money, terrible company to work for
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Norfolk30 May 2019
Very poorly organised, and many shifts run short staffed - at times the workload is barely managable and sometimes unsafe.
Constantly changing management means the home is in limbo with no progression, stable set of values or improvement.
Training and competency building for staff is none existent and there is little scope for progession (especially if you are hardworking and reliable).

There is a negative culture in terms of raising concerns of poor quality care, and no culture of reflection or learning from mistakes.
The company seem budget driven and know very little about person centred care.
The budget for activities for the residents are insufficient which has a direct impact upon quality of life for the residents.

Overall the position is well paid, but this is out weighed by poor organisational structure, ineffectual management and unprofessionalism.

(To preempt a response from Kingsley - I have contacted management many times regarding concerns but generally this was a waste of time as invariably no improvement is ever made).
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too many to list
2 July 2019

We are pleased you recognise that Kingsley is a sector leader in the rates of pay we offer.
This reflects the way we value our staff and appreciate their passion and professionalism.
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your time at Kingsley but must take issue with nearly all the points you raise.
There is a huge focus on staff training with an in-house Kingsley Academy and energetic training manager in place.
Activities are at the heart of every home and we invest massively in the industry leading Oomph Wellness programme.

Bullying
Administrator (Former Employee) –  North West24 May 2019
If you enjoy being treated like dirt this is the place to work, the owner is a bully with the sensitivity of a commandant, awful company to work for give them a wide birth
2 July 2019

We are sorry you were unhappy in your role.
However, we must point out that we have many happy, long-serving staff in all our homes as well as at head office.
Kingsley's owners are passionate about creating a caring culture for both staff and residents and show the way they value people through industry leading rates of pay and other incentives, including annual staff awards.

Never again
Lifestyle Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, Dorset1 March 2019
Very cliquey!

I really disliked my time with the company and was constantly expected to do overtime. Paid for things out of my own money and never received recompense. Can't keep a manager for more than a few months.

Just horrific.
26 April 2019

We are sorry you did not enjoy your experience of working at Queen Charlotte care home.
When staff have particular concerns or issues we always advise them to raise them straightaway, with the home manager in the first instance.
All homes go through spells of losing staff but Queen Charlotte now has a happy, stable team and their success is reflected in the home's good CQC report.

Hardwork but fun
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk25 February 2019
Though it is a hardwork and busy it is fun too. Its a carehome of many kinds either for the elderly or for the persons who have mental health so you have to have patience and also be kind
26 April 2019

Thank you for your positive review. We are fortunate to have a great manager at our home in Great Yarmouth and she is supported by a tremendous team.

Avoid this company
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scope Norfolk6 January 2019
Staff work hard until the are so tired they leave
All the good staff have left due to long hours short staff poor pay and dreadful management at head office

Please don’t apply
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
All of the above
26 April 2019

We are sorry your personal experience of working at Kingsley was so negative.
We have many long-serving staff in both our homes and at head office which is testament to the positive impression many people have of the company.

Used to be fun to work here.
Support worker full time (Former Employee) –  North West22 October 2018
An average day starts with handover, this usually includes the managers too. During handovers the support workers are often told off and left feeling humiliated by managers, for small ridiculous things that occurred days ago, these should have been dealt with confidentially on a 1-1 basis in the office. The rest of the day involves full support of residents, washing, meals, toilet assistance and tidying rooms etc.

I learnt very quickly to just keep your head down and not make any suggestions or any form of useful comments, you will be ignored. Fellow workers will report you to managers for silly things.

The senior care staff do their best to organise the running of the shifts, but there are a lot of support workers who ignore the seniors and just do their own thing, and the managers let them get away with it.

Hardest part of the job is high staff turnover and sickness, leaving all support workers to pick up the extra work with little thanks. Rotas get changed with no thought for family or childcare. If you need to attend an appointment you don't get time off, you have to swap shifts with another worker. Don't expect to get to work every other weekend, they will say at interview that is what you will get, in reality you might get a full weekend off once a month.
Pros
A free meal when you work a 12 hr shift.
Cons
Long hours, sometimes working 3 or 4 12 hr shifts in a row.
26 April 2019

Thank you for your feedback.
We are sorry you have a negative view about some aspects of the company and the home where you worked.
We always advise staff to raise any concerns they have straightaway, in the first instance with the home manager.

Stay away from this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom10 October 2018
Although the staff in the homes work so hard for the residents and try to provide for the residents they receive no support from senior managers. The homes are run on a shoe string, equipment is old and in some cases broken. Replacement equipment is always refused by head office as there is no budget. No money is given to enhance the lives of the residents and the food suppliers for company are rubbish the cheapest produce available. If you speak up you get fired accused of being a trouble maker even if some thing is unsafe. If you value you career do not even think about putting this company on you cv.
Pros
Getting out
Cons
Working for the company
26 April 2019

We appreciate your comments about the hard work of staff in our homes.
However, the evidence does not support your assertion that homes are "run on a shoe string".
We review the state of decor, furnishings and equipment on a weekly basis through our "first impressions checklist" and any issues raised are quickly put right.
We put a big emphasis on quality of life for our residents and are investing significant sums in the industry leading Oomph Wellness lifestyle programmes.

Do not apply for any job in this company !!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  North West20 August 2018
If you value your career do not even consider taking a job in this company. The senior management haven’t got a clue when it comes to caring. All they are worried about is profit margins. If you don’t fill the beds you get sacked. The homes are under funded and nothing is provided to enhance the residents quality of life. Terrible company the worst I have come across in thirty years in the business. They should be named and shamed.
Pros
Cons
No Support from head office. Always the homes fault when something is wrong
26 April 2019

We are sorry you had such a negative experience working for the company and wish you good luck in your future career.
The many long-serving staff we have are testament to the positive feelings many people have about Kingsley.
Our focus is very much on quality of life in our homes for both residents and staff and this is reflected in the fact that more than 80pc of our homes have good CQC ratings.

Avoid this company dreadful management at the very top spoil it all
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eye, Suffolk11 August 2018
The actual care staff housekeeping and chefs and those managers in charge try so hard but due to the dreadful budgets training pay and long hours they on time leave
Such a shame but no one should workloke that heads always roll if you stand up to them
If your face doesn’t fit and you speech out they get rid of you
Wonderful staff they try so hard but those at the top spoil it
I would not allow my grandparents go into any of their homes
Pros
Hard working staff
Cons
Poor past long hours top managers
26 April 2019

Thank you for your positive remarks about our hard-working staff.
We are always keen to listen to feedback and our head office management team has very regular dialogue with the managers of all our homes, giving them the opportunity to raise any issues or concerns.

Workplace
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knutsford7 July 2018
I worked here last year for three months, I loved my job helping clients made my day, I worked my hardest all day everyday when I was in work and for some reason that wasn't enough for them. On numerous occasions I was made to feel very small and I cried a few times because of how I was treated. Management were awful, if you had an issue it wouldn't be resolved. I went to management on a few occasions but it was shrugged off. Some staff members SHOULD NOT have been working in that care home.
I was very sad to have had to leave because I loved each client very much, unfortunately because of how I was made to feel I was unable to carry on working for this company.
Pros
Free Lunch, Lovely residents
Cons
Long hours, bad staff and management
26 April 2019

We are sorry you had an unhappy experience working at Sharston House and wish you good luck in your future career.
We would always advise staff to take up any issues or concerns straightaway, in the first instance with the home manager.
The fact Sharston House is well led with a fantastic team is reflected in their recent glowing CQC report.

Enjoyed
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire2 July 2018
I did 2 weeks work experience. Everyone was very lovely to work with and the children were always a priority.
I swapped between all the ages of children and found that my favourite were the 1-2 year olds
great atmosphere
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Heywood, Greater Manchester14 June 2018
a typical day in work was very relaxed and happy. The place was a pleasant place to work in as it was filled with locals who were friendly. i enjoyed getting to know people there and forming relationships with people. the management was good, and they listened to any problem you had. the hardest part of the job was being on your feet for many hours.
Pros
free food
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingsley Healthcare Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7