Kingsley Healthcare Ltd

Kingsley Healthcare Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom81 reviews
A very family oriented company, which is extended to all staff, promoting a caring and supportive environment to work in. Work is varied and no day is the same. During current events the Company has helped me feel 100% safe in the work place and has always had PPE when needed, with a senior team who have worked tirelessly to make sure that this is always the case . A great company and team to work for.
I use to love my job there then this new manager started shouting at me infront of residents and staff i was very poorly treated my colleagues did raise this to head office that i was being bullied was ignored I also then emailed head office how i felt they ignored, i had no option but to hand in my notice, this is a horrible company to work for they allow staff to be bullied they don't value you
Pros
Residents
Cons
Allow bullying
Very poor management and poor money. Manager rude and unkind. No overtime paid! Staff exchanged with easiness. Lots of words but no actions. Staff not cared with respect. Manager is shouting at people and is not supportive at all. Not recommended at all.
17 July 2020
We are sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience while working at Kingsley. We must insist that we truly value all of our staff and understand that they are at the heart of what we do. We must also correct your claim that staff don’t get paid overtime and can assure you that all of our staff are paid for all of time that they have worked.
A typical working day is that no two days are the same.
The hardest part of the job is that there is not enough hours in the day however the rewards of working in a friendly, caring environment outweighs this. Kingsley are a very fair company to work for and recognise hard work, success and reward accordingly,
I have worked for Kingsley for two and a half years. During the years I have worked for Kingsley I have found my job very rewarding and I have never worked for a company who look after their staff so well. The support that I have received from senior management and head office has been fantastic and have given me all the help I need to do my job to the best of my abilities. The job is very diverse and every day is slightly different. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships that are built with the residents and their families and also that we are all working to improve and enrich the quality of their lives.
16 June 2020
Thank you for your great review of our Company. Its lovely to hear that we are supporting you where needed and that you enjoy working for Kingsley
My day can be varied as an Activities Coordinator - it is variable dependant on the needs of the residents which can involve anything from catching a ball during an exercise session, assisting with mealtimes to contacting and organising events within the home. It is exciting, busy but always rewarding.
I started as a Housekeeper but was quickly recognised for my skills and encouraged and promoted into other areas within the home recieving internal recognition and awarded along the way.

The management are very supportive with an open door policy which is always reassuring and teamwork is encouraged at all times with everyone helping each other when needed.

The best part of the job is knowing that you have made a difference in a persons care journey helping memories be made for them and their families to cherish.

The worst part - I havent found it yet
16 June 2020
Thank you for your kind review, Kingsley prides itself on recognising talent and helping staff progress their careers. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy working for Kingsley
A great company to work for . Good support from senior management. A family owned and family value based business. great work ethics. Value and recognises employees
16 June 2020
Thank you for your lovely review. Its good to hear that you are happy within your role and at Kingsley
I originally started working in the Head Office of Kingsley as an agency staff worker. I was quickly made to feel very welcome by everyone from senior team to the cleaners. After a couple of months temping I was asked if I would be interested in a permanent role. I'm pleased to say I've been happy at Kingsley ever since.
16 June 2020
Thank you for your lovely review, Kingsley prides itself on being able to recognise talent and will help progress careers whenever possible.
This company lacks compassion for its staff. The senior management are extremely rude and very dismissive especially of junior staff. The staff don't always get paid what they are owed and no one seems to take responsibility. The owner and HR are very nonchalant and think they can do what they like to individuals. They think that they are untouchable and treat the staff with irreverence. There is an extremely high turn over of staff.
20 May 2020
We are sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience while working at Kingsley. We must insist that we truly value all of our staff and understand that they are at the heart of what we do. We must also correct your claim that staff don’t always get paid what they are owed, and can assure you that all of our staff are paid for the time that they have worked.
We wholeheartedly support all our staff from the day they start and treat all employees respectfully. We also encourage them to be part of the business and welcome new ideas to be passed back to Head Office and Senior Management about how they can support staff better.
I briefly worked here in 2017 and unfortunately it was one of the worst places I have ever worked. The management at the time was awful, when there was complaints from relatives they
would be completely ignored. The manager spent all her time sitting in the office with the PA and didn’t know the residents in her care. Activities in-house were very poor almost non existent. Most of the support workers were very nice although I always had a feeling things were not being done right or safe? Just had not enough proof as I was always kept in the lounge looking after all the residents that was in there!
Pros
Spent lots of time with the people living in the home, but that is the only positive thing.
Cons
Too many to name.
19 May 2020
We are sorry you were unhappy in your role. However, we must point out that we have many happy, long-serving staff in all our homes. We always encourage staff to raise any concerns they may have and always ensure that we have the correct leadership in place for each home.
Worst care home I have ever worked in. Manager at the time was rude and had fired me due to my illness even though I picked up over time when I could and I provided appointment letters and doctors notes. Rooms are to small for the service users and not enough staff on shift. Lovely location and a great team of staff but unfortunately the manager and the stress which was put onto me gave me a horrible experience.
19 May 2020
We regret that you did not enjoy your time with Kingsley.
We are sorry that you have a negative view about some aspects of the home where you worked and we always advise staff, that if they have any concerns to raise them with their respective home manager.
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here unless you want to have the soul drained out of you. Overall Management was terrible, the worst I've ever experienced, witnessed manager being unnecessarily rude and dismissive to other cleaning staff. If you raise any safety concerns about equipment etc, (which you're told on paper and during training to do) you're dismissed as a pain in the bum and that you're the problem rather than the issue being concerned which I thought was disgusting. Always dreaded coming into work due to really unfriendly, blunt and incoherent instructions given by other staff and seniors to the point I'd go home feeling tearful, anxious and emotionally exhausted. I Worked with a handful of women who generally had a foul attitude towards helping with new and young staff which made me feel disliked and resented, staff expect you to know everything even if you've only been therefor 2 min
19 May 2020
We are sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience while working at Kingsley. We must insist that we do truly value our staff and understand they are at the heart of what we do.
Not enough training given before starting the job. Fast paced job and very stressful. Due to this the payment was not adequate for what the job entails. Also, there was a workplace culture that made it a bit harder to progress or give ideas about service improvement. However, I did learn a lot on the job.
19 May 2020
We are sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience whilst working at Kingsley.
We have a very thorough induction process and training is given in line with current regulations and practice

We also aim to pay higher rates to our staff than all of our competitors and the way staff can progress through hard work is evident at every home.
Strangely every review about the owner shouting at staff is removed. The change of staff is really high. Jobs are created and then got rid of, a real culture of fear. Check the positive reviews, they are from managers and head office staff
19 May 2020
We are sorry you did not enjoy your time at Kingsley Healthcare
We have had many positive reviews from staff working in the homes. All companies go through a period of losing staff, and we do pride ourselves on looking after our staff, who we value and are at the heart of what we do.
awful company to work for, they make out they care about the staff but they don’t! They work on a threat basis rather than rewards, eg if you do this wrong you will be punished in this way instead of if you do something well you will be rewarded. Highest turnover of staff I’ve ever seen this year because of how they get treated. We never have enough supplies to carry out basic domestic duties. All they care about is profit
19 May 2020
All companies go through periods of losing staff, and we do pride ourselves on looking after our staff, who we value and are at the heart of what we do
We support staff from the day they start with comprehensive training and show our appreciation to them in numerous ways, including our annual awards and employee of the month scheme

We highly encourage all staff members to raise any concerns they may have to their respective home managers.
The delivery of good care by good carers is visible in the homes. Relaxed atmosphere with a good pay rate attached. Team work is demonstrated and led by the managers.
I work with a fantastic group of people in the recently refurbished head office.

The work I do is varied and interesting. We're never standing still!

Benefits are very generous and also include private medical cover, access to a private doctor and regular group leisure activities.
All of the staff are kind and caring and care about the people they look after. The shifts are variable but food available for the staff on shift and all paid breaks. Staff recognition thorough employee of the month, yearly care awards, Christmas staff meal and recognition for good work ethics and for going above and beyond.
I have been working for Kingsley more than 15 years. It has been a great career journey for me and I feel lucky to have met so many like-minded caring people. Together, we work hard to achieve an excellent quality outcome in care.

Join us in our journey of becoming one of the most respected care providers in the UK.
Very good work place and environment, staff are warm and welcoming and they all act with care and compassion. Outstanding care home in all aspects from reception through to care and kitchen.
I enjoy my job at kingsley. Team is very supportive & friendly. the pay is good.Also the management focus on development of each individual which could ever be the best for the workers & the company.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingsley Healthcare Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9