Kings Arms Employee Reviews

productive and fast paced workplace
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Truro30 November 2019
I enjoyed working at the kings arms as it was fast paced and productive and I felt valued and needed in the workplace. As well as being in a fun environment it was also productive.
Difficult
Server (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands4 July 2019
Management are nice. However shifts works are poorly distrubuted I was often left unaware that I was on a shift. However overall a nice group of people.
terrible manager
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  lunsford cross/ninfield east sussex17 May 2019
The Floor is slippery, due to the type of surface. nice kitchen and bar staff, but manager thinks he can be cheeky/rude to staff. dont waste your time, as you will only be offered a job there because they cannot keep staff.
Pros
free drinks on shift
Good Overall
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morecambe, Lancashire14 February 2019
Good Overall, I enjoyed working at Kings Arms, but this has now been taken over by another pub company and has a different manager, so cannot really comment anymore.
housekeeping and kitchen washing up
Cleaner and Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire6 December 2018
managing the housekeeping was very nice. Looking after the guests rooms. The hardest part was washing up the very big cooking pots in the kitchen,but.
Pros
very nice people, always punctual paid, chances for overtime
Cons
minimum wage
Productive place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Malmesbury23 October 2018
This establishment is a typical pub and has a good working environment that suits a varity of people working in the drinks related selling environment.
Productive and enjoyable
Bar Staff/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Fleggburgh, Norfolk5 September 2018
The Kings Arms is a busy establishment with a great atmosphere and lovely locals. The most demanding part of the job is the paperwork, however this is relatively easy.
ok to work
Barman (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire24 July 2018
just mainly left to your own device to work but never give any training how to use the tills and had to learn the tables yourself inside and outside and expected to work everyday
Pros
Cons
left alone
Chef
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardington11 July 2018
Was very interesting job, I learned a lot
Very good team and placework
The kitchen was big and good atmosphere for work
The food was good and the Customer happy
Great friendly place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lymington24 March 2018
Fantastic customers, Fantastic staff and exceptional management!

Everyday is different and can come with many challenges but on the whole it is a marvellous place to work. If you stay on the right side of the management it will not seem like a job at all, The treat all their staff like family.
Pros
Family unit, Fun and supportive
Cons
Silly Hours (e.g evenings, weekends, holiday periods)
Good environment to work and be apart of
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Melrose, Scottish Borders18 December 2017
The Kings arms in a good place to work with friendly and hard working staff. I learnt many thing working there starting off as a kitchen porter going to a waitress and also was shown how to work a bar but obviously for legal reasons wasn't aloud to serve alcohol. I would recommend working at the Kings if in the summer you are looking for a busy time to earn a little more money.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Not very good hours
Badly ran
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Horbury, West Yorkshire23 August 2017
I worked there for over a year, the place was dirty and unorganised, the people who ran it were not particularly nice to get along with and were very unprofessional
Good working environment and very nice customers
Kitchen Assistant and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Amesbury, Wiltshire15 August 2017
The Kings arms was a very nice environment to work in, everyone was polite and would not hesitate to ask for you when needed .
Everybody knew my name and would love to stop and have a chat with you.
Pros
Tips and free meals
Cons
Had to do a lot of work alone
Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands27 July 2017
A great place to work where you work with, and meet interesting people. I have had many fun times working there, but the downside was the long hours which is typical in this industry. I wished to gain back my social life and family life back after 7 years as the owner.
Cons
long Hours
Hard work but fun
Landlord (Former Employee) –  Salisbury18 July 2017
This was a hard working environment but this was balanced with fun and a great learning opportunity. Plenty of opportunities to learn and try new things in a safe environment.
Pros
Cons
Feedback on service
friendly place to work
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Mansfield4 July 2017
busy place to work, enjoyed meeting new people and keeping busy . learned to use tills and change barrels. manager is really nice and very friendly and always there to help .
its alright
Bar Staff/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham27 June 2017
Not too bad, long hour and loads of days but no so good pay. not many benefits. great team. great customers. sometimes late nights, used to have bad manager but got a good one now
Pros
the people
Cons
the people and pay and hours
Not professional
Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Hathern26 June 2017
I hated it there, the management was awful. Staff was rude! Selfish argumentative liars. They were always understaffed wouldn't employ anyone so i was always working my self to the ground.
Pros
There isn't any
Fun Place to Work
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Whitwick, Leicestershire18 May 2017
Working at the kings arms can be a great social environment which I have the pleasure to work in.
A typical day at work would be the local residents coming into the pub, ordering there drink and myself and the locals would enjoy each others company.
The hardest part of the job is mainly on weekends when some people have to much alcohol and cause trouble within my working environment in which I then have to try and split this up which sometimes has been proven to be quite difficult.
My most enjoyable part of the job would be again on weekends when we have discos and karaoke and all the local residents come down included some of my friends and I allow my self to enjoy my self behind the bar with the landlord and the locals as well as making sure I am working hard and providing everyone with their required drinks.
enjoyed this job
Barman (Former Employee) –  Meir, UK10 April 2017
enjoyed working at this job,found all the staff to be fair and of a understanding nature,found that most of my time was spent in a very productive manner
Pros
free meals
Cons
n/a