KINGDOM Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands11 November 2018
Been working for kingdom for 3 months and get paid on time uniform had it day after took my sizes we're I work plenty hours and I don't mind at all and my supervisor sound bloke to work with and work place nice friendy place to work at can't believe I've landed this job. Way better we're I've worked before and get paid hours that u do and always on time and holidays get accepted quickly to not like other Companies worked for then got to wait for reply for 2wks then turn them down. Kingdom good company to work for i would recommend my friends who are in the security Industry to join top marks from me
Pros
Loads hours
Cons
Nice company and look after you
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North West31 October 2018
I’ve had no problems at all with kingdom. It does depend on your manager but mine is great. Got me pay rise recently and always sorts my issues.
Even higher management up will listen to you.

I think some negative reviews are by staff who are unreliable and or may have been dismissed.

I’ve been here a year and they are fine so far.
Pros
Always paid right
Cons
Hours long
AVOID!!! Absolutely no security and lack of communication
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham27 October 2018
If you want job security AVOID like the plague..... rude and obnoxious management and lack of communication within the company.... They will let you go at any point without a good excuse...
Pros
Pays ok
Cons
Management, communication, dis i say management??
Good and Bad but Kingdom seem decent
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire5 October 2018
With any security job as its generally low paid industry you get good and bad experiences.

My experience with Kingdom has been good so far.

I've been with them 3 months so far. I got all my new starter pack with had everything i needed to know before i started - Pay slip access, check shifts online, check hours worked etc.
Uniform came to my house and was good quality.

First day my manager met me in store and shown me around and introduced me to store managers.

Pay has always been on time and correct.

I do get calls on my days off if i want to work which is the only negative but if you do come in and help i was given extra pay for it which was a bonus. I got the hours i was promised which is unlike some others ive worked for,

Another negative is that some of the store managers donw take interest in security officers. but as long as you do the job well then they staff off your back.

Overall good company and enjoy the store i work in
Pros
Perm store, good area manager
Cons
Store managers dont care sometimes
worst company I have ever worked for in my life
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear4 October 2018
Been with kingdom for about 3yrs now and seriously can't wait to leave it's the most disorganised and total shambles of a company I have worked for i have seen more organisation in a tossed salad non of the department's work together or communicate with each other it's like the blind leading the blind control constantly ringing you on your days off and on holidays begging you to work and ringing you at 12 and 1 in the morning and even as early as 4 and 5 am it's a disgrace I personally now every night put my phone on silent because if this I am desperately seeking employment else where and can't wait to leave this horribal useless bad company
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Best I’ve worked for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside26 September 2018
I’ve worked for a few security companies and kingdom have been the best mainly due to the support you get from management.
Other companies I’ve worked at you are lucky to see a manager or anyone from them.

I was given a perm 4 on 4 off site. Induction was good, supervisor went through procedures fully.
I do feel I’m cared about as I got a commendation and vouchers recently in recognition for helping out on days off. My supervisor recently did 10 years and got a voucher and certificate from our area manager.
Pros
They look after you
Cons
Calls to work extra on days off
Very good company to work for
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester26 September 2018
Good company I was always given work , manager was understanding and gave me days off where needed. Pay wasn’t an issue. Uniform arrived before shift start.
I think they where a good company to work for to be honest.
I would recommend them to friends
Pros
Always overtime available
Cons
stire managers expect too much
Terrible company
Corporate Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 September 2018
A monthly fight just to get paid what you're due. They will take any and all opportunities to not pay you - or try charging you for your own vetting process when joining them, or charging you for supplying you with the worst-quality uniform. The rudest members of staff in the call center - you know, the people who are meant to look after you as front-line officers. And the management, well, frankly I envy them, how they can get paid the money they do whilst being so unbelievably ridiculously unprofessional and clueless how to do their job.
Pros
None.
Cons
Difficult to get paid what owed/terrible management/rude support staff
Dont touch this company
Mobile support officer (Current Employee) –  Devon cornwall boarder31 August 2018
Don't work for this company don't support staff if you go sick could lose job will change hours or place in the mornings for that day cost you 15-20 p to book on shift . Need to make sure you log on to check hours you gave been paid for
Pros
Get paid on time
Great for first 8 months
Environment Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Merseyside13 August 2018
Job was great for the first 8 months, great team great management and great pay then they changed pay structure so that it became to hard to get an allowance, and this job isn't worth it if you don't get an allowance, can't blame the managers though as they get the grief passed on to them from the top and naturally they pass it down to you. Could of been a great place but they wanted to drain the contract for all its worth and had no consideration for the future of it.
Pros
Pretty much left to your own devices.
Cons
Pay not right in last 7 months there.
Terrible security company - Worst in the industry
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 August 2018
Kingdom have always had a reputation for being a terrible company and I should have known better before I went there they are woeful and treat people very badly. No management and no organisation.
Pros
Cons
Bad management - Bad company to work for.
total wreck
Guard (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire1 August 2018
This company is the worst I have ever worked for. Managements job would appear to be to rip you off at every opportunity. They treat you like a school child and there is very little back up.In short don't touch this company with a barge pole, better off on job seekers.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good company
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 July 2018
Having worked for the company for over 2 years I can say that I am made to feel valued and my work is varied. My colleagues are friendly and we all work well as a team. The managers are understanding to work life balance and will always try and accommodate any changes to working hours.

Good company
Pros
Easy acses your shift, log on and off smart way . Mobile app
Cons
Over time there when you want .
Very good company to work for
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire23 July 2018
I have been with kingdom 4 years now and have found them to be a good company. Always pay on time, managers are helpful and pay is never an issue.

I’ve worked for a few companies and these are the better ones out there,
Pros
Pay rise after 3 months
Cons
Industry pay isn’t the best
I would recommend
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 July 2018
Good company . No issues at all really. Paid on time, manger was a good guy. Always loads of hours available if you wanted to pick up extra.

I would recommend
Pros
No issues
Cons
None really
Excellent
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  UK11 July 2018
Great company to work for, spent 18 years almost working there and worked my way up from entry position to be a senior manager. The work life balance is good.
Very bad
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent4 July 2018
World as a security officer. Didn't receive uniform had to wear own shirt and tie. No toecap shoes were provided. When enquired about my shifts and had to book on and off when shift finished. Number didn't always work. They would charge £1 per minute. Pay would be different every month even though doing same hours each month. Staff would not pick up when had to book on or do check calls and wages would be wrong due to their lack of knowledge.
Pros
Cons
Wasted my life applying for this company
Enforcement officer
Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Hastings, East Sussex21 May 2018
Stay away from this company they are diabolical especially the management they push and push you and when you don’t get the target they want they threaten your job and talk to you like sht they “relieved” me from my duties because too much time off due to personal reasons. Pay is okay when correct, training is rubbish, you have to pay for second hand uniforms, don’t get proper breaks, slagged off
Pros
Exercise
Cons
You're worth more than this!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire13 May 2018
Would not recommend this firm at all. Was employed in Leicester. Never saw management. Female Mobile driver constantly abused guards if she didnt like them. Co workers very unreliable, too. Control room VERY UNHELPFUL and DISHONEST! Will leave you stranded on a site for hours after your finish time without any relief guard being sent. Avoid at all cost. Do not be tempted by sweet talk at interview.
Pros
none.
Cons
everything.
Excellent Career boost
Communications & Advertising Officer (Former Employee) –  London13 April 2018
This was an excellent experience for me as I was able to learn so much about the Commonwealth. It was important for me to learn about what the Commonwealth actually stood for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KINGDOM. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8