Kingdom Security Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Not a good company
Security Officer - Organisation (Former Employee) –  Gloucester Royal Hospital6 November 2018
Since working for them i have looked into reviews about the company and it seems im not the only person who has had a bad experience with them. I was let go without any warning, after which they refused to answer my calls, from the reviews i read this seems fairly standard for the frontline employees, but the office/management staff seem to generally give better reviews. I'd say the frontline jobs they have are worth it if you're desperate and need a stepping stone to another job.
Cons
Bad communication between management and workers
Good company to work for
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 April 2018
I’ve worked for a few Security company’s over the years and kingdom have been the best so far. No issues with pay, pay rise as soon as they took over the store I’ve worked in for 4 years.

Manager is supportive. I’ve seen him at least 3 times this month where other companies I never seen anyone.

With most companies you get out what you put in. If you don’t have any professional standards, lazy, unreliable then you won’t have an easy time.

I’ve never had an issue with this company so far.
Pros
Manager is supportive
Cons
Working weekends a lot
Good bunch of people
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire5 February 2018
I’ve been a retail security officer with kingdom for over 5 years and was given a letter of recognition, which I thought was a nice gesture!

My manager looks after me well and when you need time off he’ll make sure you can get it and moves the rota to fit it in.

Really good bunch of people, got my own permanent store and they all treat me as 1 of them!
Pros
Well treated and paid on time
Cons
sia License fee should be reduced by the government
Good company... a lot better then other complanies I’ve worked for
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 January 2018
Induction was good, management phoned me after the first shift to make sure I was ok and confident which usually doesn’t happen.

Uniform delivered before shift

Pay never an issue

Decent company to work for.
Pros
Pay always on time
Cons
Pay could be higher
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire19 December 2017
Good company to work for regular work all the time and good pay always on time good uniform pension scheme good sites to work on no bonuses given but overall good company
Pros
No pros
Cons
Good hours
steer clear of working for kingdom
Corporate Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 September 2017
well i have had the experience of working with this company and my experience was awful,you hardly seen management and the staff training and productivity was a joke.pay was rubbish and the client relationship was a shambles.no one was bothered about anything and security was dictated by people that didn't have a clue and put it to the bottom of the list when it should be a priority in this day in age. the list is endless i could go on.
Pros
they isn't any pros
Cons
staff training, being a puppet to the client, management, hours, pay, stress
Good workplace
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire16 August 2017
The staff is very professional, patrols on the site are enjoyable and there is a lot of engagement with external contractors meaning there is hardly ever a dull moment.
Good agency
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Various16 July 2017
A good agency with very good sites, the only downside being they require training so when you first start you might have some quiet weeks if you are short of training.
Pros
dependant on site
Cons
as above
Same as every other company
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bedworth, Warwickshire27 June 2017
Pays low and expects you to work for twice the pay. worked there for a year and seen a manager once in that time. Never received support when needed or asked for.
Good workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool11 June 2017
It was good until it changed
It gave me better experience but I moved to naother company because i wanted change.
I had to look at ID cards for students which has difficult especially when they have lost it.

Want to know more about Kingdom Security?

Ask a question
Poor / Unfair treatment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire10 May 2017
It would be unprofessional for me to say too much about this company and its managers but I have recently had a very poor experience working for them. Apart from one manager who they have now lost.
Pros
Certain sites pay rates
Cons
Most of the managment and higher
Unorganised , Unprofessional shambles! AVOID
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 May 2017
Avoid this company at all costs. Managers haven't got a clue what they are doing. Couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag.

High turnover of staff.

Hire staff on a self employed basis to then terminate employment with no notice.

In 25 years working in security never have i ever experienced such a cowboy company.
Fun workplace
Event security officer (Current Employee) –  Singapore area16 January 2017
Appointed to be in charge of a group for some event. All of my superior have thought me well and its fun to work with the colleagues.
Pros
Welfare is given
Useless management
Security officer (Former Employee) –  March28 December 2016
Worked for kingdom for 1 year,good points fast delivery of uniform,management are useless! Never met my area manager but had atleast 4 different ones in the short time I worked for them,worked on a corporate site for them me and another guard,only one key between us so constantly driving to each other's houses no help with fuel costs from kingdom,sometimes couldn't get onsite if other guard was away client unhappy with this,raised the issue with kingdom numerous times nothing was done,shifts added to your roster without telling you then they phone you up ask where you are,book on system always down,site was broken into on other guards shift no management even came to see the client,I could go on and say lots more in the end the client got rid of kingdom I only found out as I got to work one morning and the client said you don't work here anymore phoned kingdom they said "we forgot to tell you"AVOID
Pros
Cons
Useless managers lose all there contracts no job security, they send guards that are not fit for purpose
Its a Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Merseyside15 October 2016
get work when you can, managers are a joke, Control room is inefficient, H&S doesn't exist , your double time pay is taken out of your holiday accrument, they Charge YOU for reducing your out going tax, uniform , vetting , getting info from them is hard , but when they want something from you they expect you to jump to it
Pros
None, Seriously, dont know why they are growing
Cons
Very bitter work environment through out all tiers
not a nice place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Medway Towns15 September 2016
After being there 5 years have eventually left after intimated behaviour by fellow workers management seem to turn a blind eye witch is a shame
Pros
Cons
bad management not a lot off respect for employees
Repetative
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Trentham and Hanford27 June 2016
Information not been past on about work or the welfare of the workforce. Great people and the co workers are easy to get on with, the job was easy when the equipment worked.
Pros
Cons
lack of managenent.
Great team, friendly, approachable managers who listen to feedback,
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham1 June 2016
From the initial interview with the area manager I new it was a good environment and team, very informative and approachable, they placed me in friendly location, but unfortunately the distance I had to travel became to much and I left, but not down to the team, who were great to work with.
boring at times, hours to long,
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Building Adhesisves23 May 2016
security work is okey its a job but the drawbacks are that you have to rely on others to turn up for duty on occasion they have not resulting in remaining on site for hours longer there really isn't much about this job that you can be positive about however its a job and as I see it paying your way is more important
Pros
its a job
Cons
boring, long hours, sometimes staff can be unreliable
A nice company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester5 April 2016
Kingdom Security is very professional and a good company to work for as a security officer. It offers all it says it does, as an employee you have job security and an opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Less wage