Kingdom Security Employee Reviews

london
Frontline Door Supervisor (Current Employee) –  london2 January 2019
Since working with them i have looked into reviews about the company and it seems am not the only person who has had a bad experience with them. They took staff without lei promises 4 days of and 4 days on duties but after you join them they are dealing with you as part time job same times no duties 10 days and same times weekly on day they call you and ask you if you can work this days what’s wrong with them I didn’t understand They never answer the calls, from the reviews i read this seems fairly standard for the frontline employees, but the office/management staff seem to generally give better reviews. I'd say the frontline jobs they have are worth it if you're desperate and need a stepping stone to another job
Pros
bad work hour
Cons
bad every single thing
Mistreatment/Disgraceful Payment methods
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire18 December 2018
With company for 3 months as Support Officer, made full time officer in final month, was promised travel expenses for the distances travelled as a support officer, didn't recieve what was promised, then when I did recieve a payment it was not correct, management promises broken on a regular basis no correct uniform for certain sites and interview process alone was shambolic, quite easily and simply the worst Security Company I've ever been associated with in the 12years I've been in the industry
Cons
Thieving cowboys with no interest in their employees at all.
Invisible man (Former Employee) –  Seacon Terminals, Northfleet, Kent.18 December 2018
PLEASE, do yourself a favour and STAY AWAY from Kingdom...

I'm not happy that I am forced to award stars when I don't want to!!
If you don't give any stars, you can,t review them. How is that fair??

Worked in Kent for this Mickey Mouse company for a year or so, until they inevitably lost the contract due to incompetence, despite the client saying performance standards were not good enough, Kingdom insisted on using SSG (agency) to provide relief guards.
Numerous times, seriously, I mean almost every single day, they were found sleeping in the hut, missing from site, constant lateness of sometimes hours at a time and absence. No training was ever provided to me or any of the guards sent to site. My interview took less than 5 mins. in a rented Regus office in London.

My overtime that I was owed approx. 12hrs. was never paid, even though I booked on and off manually via control and was assured each time that my rota had been adjusted accordingly for payment.
Upon speaking to my line 'manager' ha-ha-ha-ha I'm cracking up!
I was told that it was not in dispute that I had actually done the overtime, rather it was the case that unless I could physically prove that I had done the overtime, then I would not be getting it...

If you want to work like that, crack on, but remember I warned you
;o)
Pros
Get left totally alone by kingdom (not sure that's a pro)
Cons
They will steal wages from you and lie to you, right in your face.
productive and efficient.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 December 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working under Kingdom Security. Pay day is always on the same set date each month, which makes life alot easier.
Also, management have always been a joy to work with.
Pros
Set pay date each month.
Cons
No bonuses.
Merseyside
Gatehouse Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Merseyside30 November 2018
Been here about 8 months asked for more training
Got none only had one days training they’ve advertised my job on indeed 2 weeks before I got told this
The client states that there have been several issues with your performance. Latest being where you have issued a swipe pass to a visitor and no paperwork was completed. The visitor was then told to find his own way to the offices upstairs. The client therefore has lost confidence in you attending their site.

They did fill out the paperwork I told them to go down to reception and wait for someone to come get them and as I went to toilet and the visitor took the pass to get into building

Plus am only by myself how am I meant to know

Haven’t met my manger in the 8 months although I have met tony and haven’t the other 2 managers
Pros
Had no interview
Cons
No mangerment comes to see you when they do they act all for kingdom and give you false hope
Not a good company
Security Officer - Organisation (Former Employee) –  Gloucester Royal Hospital6 November 2018
Since working for them i have looked into reviews about the company and it seems im not the only person who has had a bad experience with them. I was let go without any warning, after which they refused to answer my calls, from the reviews i read this seems fairly standard for the frontline employees, but the office/management staff seem to generally give better reviews. I'd say the frontline jobs they have are worth it if you're desperate and need a stepping stone to another job.
Cons
Bad communication between management and workers
Terrible management
Site Supervisor night shift (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire31 October 2018
It started off well then head office management came on with more and more demands . trying to tell us what to do when they have no experience them selves we were tuped over so we knew what our site needed.stay clear
Good company
Environmental Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Thurrock, Essex3 September 2018
Good company have never had a issue always supported me and my family the team always supporting each other good work force always paid on time wages are standard
the pits
litter enforcement (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside25 August 2018
absulute shocking place to work managment havent got a clue what there doing HR boss is a bit strange to say the least keep well clear of this firm kngdom
Pros
Cons
everything
productive
store security officer (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport26 July 2018
working with this company had its ups and downs, as a security officer. the wages were good but always late and wrong, when dealing with the management it got dealt with.
Cons
One of the best I’ve worked for
Retail response officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 July 2018
Good supporting management at kingdom. I’ve been there 2 years and already had 3 lots of £30 vouchers for high value stops. Manager is always there to help and will give recognition for good work.

You get what you put in at the end of the day, the industry is full of SIA badged Officers who just want to sit on a dead site and watch TV. The company is a lot better than most security companies out there who are cowboys
Pros
Loads of overtime there if you want it
Cons
The industry as a whole needs to pay more
Joined kingdom have never looked back
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside12 July 2018
I was stuck working for a retail store and fancied a change, with having my security badge a friend passed me onto kingdom within days I had a great productive interview and was given a start date. That was in the middle of last year. And since then I believe the company has gone from strength to strength, management do everything in there power to assist you with anything you need. There are a lot of opportunities that arise to progress within the company and rates of pay are really good. Since I started I have gone from security guard to an area supervisor and I believe I can go higher with the managements support. I can only see kingdom becoming even bigger within the security industry within the future especially with the management team they have in place and urge anyone with ambition and a passion for security to become part of the team
Pros
Great rates of pay, well run company, pleasure to work for, great management team
Cons
n/a
Producted
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  All over South Wales22 May 2018
There was nothing to learn, liked meeting the public
Hardest part of the job was standing around I am sorry my review is short, but I cannot say anything else about the company
Pros
Cons
Lack of hours
Not much progression
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 May 2018
- Move your location
- Poor pay
- Bad hours
- No room for progression

Worked here for a while and want to progress and its not possible within this company.
Good company to work for
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 April 2018
I’ve worked for a few Security company’s over the years and kingdom have been the best so far. No issues with pay, pay rise as soon as they took over the store I’ve worked in for 4 years.

Manager is supportive. I’ve seen him at least 3 times this month where other companies I never seen anyone.

With most companies you get out what you put in. If you don’t have any professional standards, lazy, unreliable then you won’t have an easy time.

I’ve never had an issue with this company so far.
Pros
Manager is supportive
Cons
Working weekends a lot
only if you need temporary work other wise stay clear
Guard (Former Employee) –  Mid Glamorgan3 April 2018
the job was not what it was made out to be in the interview, most of the staff are out to stab you in the back and will talk about you and others do not get close with them.
The managers over look arguments in the work place there only goal is pleasing the clients there staff is just a number to them.
TRAINING! WHAT TRAINING!
they will sack you for small things be careful have a back up plan
you have no chance of long term employment.
Control do not have a clue of the job or there job role no help at all.
If your relief and are unable to do a shift you don't get no shifts at all, always short notice given E.G shift starts at 7am they will call you at 6am to cover a blow out.

disappointed was hoping for better from a company that has been running for such a long time.
Pros
you can see your wages the week before your pay and pay is always correct
Cons
needs to be more organized and training needs to be given to new staff
management
Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Broxbourne, Hertfordshire30 March 2018
• Enforcing Littering, Dog Fouling legislation and the Council’s policies in respect of these matters by gathering of evidence and issuing of Fixed Penalty Notices to those in contravention of the regulations.
• Provide thorough detailed written reports or witness statements, attending court if required, providing supporting evidence.
• Assisting Metropolitan Police officers with operation Trident, patrolling streets & assisting in ASBO situations.
• Communicate well with customers, often in difficult and demanding circumstances.
• Trainer for any new members of the team.
good workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London26 February 2018
Everyday was a different day
meeting new and old people
got to know my work colleagues
everything was organised and no complaints
had a good set up
my only problem would be working extra long hours which I didn't mind
Good bunch of people
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire5 February 2018
I’ve been a retail security officer with kingdom for over 5 years and was given a letter of recognition, which I thought was a nice gesture!

My manager looks after me well and when you need time off he’ll make sure you can get it and moves the rota to fit it in.

Really good bunch of people, got my own permanent store and they all treat me as 1 of them!
Pros
Well treated and paid on time
Cons
sia License fee should be reduced by the government
Good company... a lot better then other complanies I’ve worked for
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 January 2018
Induction was good, management phoned me after the first shift to make sure I was ok and confident which usually doesn’t happen.

Uniform delivered before shift

Pay never an issue

Decent company to work for.
Pros
Pay always on time
Cons
Pay could be higher