KING'S COLLEGE LONDON Employee Reviews

Pleasant work place
Corporate Receptionist (Current Employee) –  London1 November 2019
To communicate regularly with the Manager with any new and important issues that may arise.
Deal with student, staff and conference guest contact in person and also by phone and email.
Pass on messages to the Accommodation or conference teams as required.
Sign contractors and other visitors in and out along with any issued keys.
Contact residents when they have visitors and ensure visitors are signed in.
Sign in the guests for events that take place every night in our building.
Fun Workplace
Residence Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moonraker Point and Champion Hill13 October 2019
I loved being a Residence Welcome Assistant as it allowed me to help others, as well as make some money. As I was pretty lost when I first arrived at the residence, it felt good to be able to help people who were moving in, as they were just as nervous as I had been.
Underpaid - Overstretched and unsupported
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Camberwell, Greater London10 October 2019
I am underpaid for my role by nearly 10K and services like IT and infrastructure are not adequate.
Negotiations for contract renewal to improve this have been taking ages.
I have tried to apply for alternative roles elsewhere and found that I am considered too senior (role is - im not so old) to take better paid easier jobs - I am feeling anxious daily and I don't receive support for the job I do where management just leave me to get on with it. Organisation here is rubbish
Stabilita' assicurata
Funzioni di segreteria in supporto al Direttore (Current Employee) –  Greater London17 September 2019
Puoi lavorare qui per 30 anni, non aspettarti molto in termini di salario
Productive fun workplace
Research Fellow (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  London5 September 2019
A friendly and supportive place to work. Fast moving and subject to staff changes. Difficulties in accessing resources. Autonomy a necessary competency for working here.
Friendly and well-managed workplace
Reception Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 September 2019
Benefits and advancement opportunity were not great but the work environment and support were fantastic, making it a welcoming and easy place to work.
Work / Life Balance Good
Knowledge Manaager (Former Employee) –  Quinttrell Downs in Cornwall3 September 2019
The IT department relocated to Cornwall, making it a technologically advanced place to work with most meetings conducted electronically through Skype. An interesting and fun place to work,
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
A 40 hour working day
Productive and fun workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London24 August 2019
My experience here has been extremely positive. The work environment was positively challenging, with state of the art facilities. Multidisciplinary seminars made it easy to network, learn and get advice from colleagues.
Amazing job for students!
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  London2 June 2019
Entirely flexible - only have to work 8 hours a year to keep the job! No reason not to take it. You get to book on to jobs when you see them, and it's assigned via a computer. The job involves interacting with prospective students and giving tours. It's pretty laid back, interesting, fun! Other ambassadors are friendly and the managers are also very friendly.
Pros
Pay- £10.55 for laid back fun work sharing your university experiences with prospective students.
Cons
I want to work more, no constant work so income is irregular, do not know for sure if you got the job till usually a week before
Very Disappointing experience
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  City of London, Greater London8 April 2019
King's College may provide an inspiring work environment and good work-life balance however the career opportunities may be very limited- unless you are considering a complete career change.
Sadly the current grievance/disciplinary procedure is a grand fiasco. If anyone comes up with a false claim against you, the burden of proof falls onto you. Basically any of your colleagues if they have a grudge on you can come up with a false allegation and get you in trouble. King's is not doing anything to protect you from that - they have procedures and it all looks good on paper but you are on your own.
Pros
good pension plan
Cons
terrible disciplinary procedure
Good culture
Medical Student (Current Employee) –  London3 March 2019
Great people to work with and learn from. However, administration can often be slow and disorganised - you have to be able to navigate and instigate processes for yourself.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Slow administration
fantastic employer
Higher Liaison Representative (Student Ambassador) (Former Employee) –  London18 February 2019
the staff are well looked after, fantastic work environment, surrounded by friendly supervisors and fellow staff. I have fond memories and gained valuable skills working at this job.
Not so much links with students but academic excellence
Student (Current Employee) –  London17 December 2018
Incredible campus but weak links between students at least in Business Management. Focus on societies and maybe some events. However, amazing campus at bush house, good teachers.
Great
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 December 2018
Nice working culture
Good leadership team
Good opportunities for advancement
Opportunities to challenge and stretch self
Regular shifts
Great way to meet other students
Ambiente lavorativo intellettualmente stimolante
Assistente Universitario (Former Employee) –  Greater London24 November 2018
La mia giornata tipica si svolgeva per lo più a casa, preparando le lezioni e rivedendo i miei appunti.

Da questo lavoro ho imparato a organizzare autonomamente il mio programma di lavoro e il materiale da trattare insieme ai miei studenti. Ho potuto anche coltivare le mie capacità di relazione a livello personale nonchè l’abilitià nel gestire problemi personali e far crescere i miei sottoposti.

Il King’s College, London è un’università all’avanguardia nell didattica e nella ricerca, che promuove la flessibilità e la varietà degli approci didattici e investigativi.

La parte più difficile del lavoro è stata senz’altro quella di riuscire a coinvolgere gli studenti, la più piacevole quando vi sono infine riuscito.
Good work life balance
Physics (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 November 2018
Good academia resources with exceptional societies to guide you through the courses. Multiple campus which has ensured whereever I am during the day, I am only a short bus ride to the nearest campus. Library quality exceptional.
Productive, encouraging and a fun work place
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London8 November 2018
Working at KCL has enabled me to grow from a Centre technician to a Research Technician while running my own research topic. I have enjoyed networking with all my colleagues and attending all the extracurricular seminars.

The hardest part of the job has been optimising difficult protocols such as western blotting, and wrapping my head around fly genetics when involving multiple desired genetic traits. However, with the help of a great boss and surrounding colleagues, I have enjoyed my time here very much.

I would now like to try something new, use my skills and learn new techniques in order to become an even better scientists.
Pros
Great colleagues and helpful staff
Cons
No staff benefits
Great work place
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  London5 November 2018
This is an academic setting and the PI was so understandable. A great work/life balance and a great degree of flexibility to perform the work. I left this job to join industry and gain some industrial experience.
Pros
Great place to work and a great team
Need for modernisation
Learning Architect | Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  London11 September 2018
A typical day at work:

What I learned:

Management:

Workplace Culture:

The hardest part o the job:

The most enjoyable part of the job:
Pros
09:00 to Five culture if you so choose
Cons
No career progression track and ideas don't get listened to nor ever implemented
Love your work!
GTA (Former Employee) –  London31 August 2018
It was a whirlwind of experiences, that I would not give up for the world. For young GTAs the pay is not enough to survive on in London, sadly.
Pros
Fortbildung
Cons
keine Zusatzleistungen