KING'S COLLEGE LONDON Employee Reviews

Slowly Declining
Alumni Manager (Current Employee) –  London16 May 2018
Job prospects are good if you are looking to move between departments but salary is average and they overpay their senior management and underpay everyone else.
Pros
great people
Cons
pay and benefits
School (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 May 2018
good place to work, have had the option to be involved in many projects. pay and holiday are good. pension contributions good, opportunities for progression
Pros
opportunities to be involved in projects
Cons
restructures
International environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 April 2018
King's is one of the most international universities in U.K., and of course working at such an international place really opens my eyes and gave me many opportunities that I might not otherwise have had.
Pros
international & flexible
Cons
demanding
BSc Nursing Studies Student (Former Employee) –  London22 March 2018
This job was a great opportunity and I am very thankful. I was able to use this job to develop both specific and transferable skills and become more autonomous
Innovative and creative atmosphere
PhD student (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Southwark, Greater London21 February 2018
King's College London is a very inspiring institute for PhD students. Especially, in the department of Nutritional Sciences there is a healthy working atmosphere and open relationship between students, post-docs and lecturers.
animal technician
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London23 January 2018
Great place to work as animal technician. Help you to develop as a professional. Learn the day to day routines within a research animal facility. Open minded workplace.
excellent, very professional place to work.
Designer/ASC Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo Station30 December 2017
Great atmosphere, very professional people and excellent working environment. I really enjoyed working at King's College London. Formal but friendly and very supportive. Nothing has being done in a rush. There is always plenty of time to do things. Very professional and organised. Staff are being supported with their personal learning and development, there are free courses. Fun environment. The location - Waterloo is also great location for lunch time especially, lots of alternative- fun, interesting places to get great photography during lunch.
Very good research
Student (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 November 2017
Exceptional research being carried out by the university. The environment is good to study. The facilities available for research are very good. Although some building are just very outdated now.
Every day is different
New Malden/HOP/GRiffin site - Manager's Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Malden26 October 2017
No day is the same and you have to go into with an open mind, best part of the day is knowing I have done my best and to be best of my ability. There are many job that need to be done each day from on the facility side to the management side from ordering and to carrying out controlled samples and always trying to save cost with use of new products from different rep's.
Pros
good friendly environment
Cons
unwilling to give pay rise
Work at King's College
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 October 2017
King's is a quite exciting place where you can balance science with personal relation to people.
They organize seminars, conferences that increase to promote science and collaboration between scientists.
The workplace is new, full of equipment and they train you and help you wheneven you need.
Fun and busy workplace
Section Administrator (Former Employee) –  London14 September 2017
Providing support to head of centre. Variety of admin duties to support upcoming Global Mental Health event. Booking catering, accommodation, speakers.
Pros
London based
Cons
Lengthy commute
Supportive
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  waterloo14 July 2017
Supportive place to work
Good flexible working
Good training available
Good staff benefits and opportunities for progression
Interesting public sector environment
Enjoyable workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  South London, Greater London13 July 2017
Enjoyable to work at KCL, good research team and work ethic. Good support from different research teams and knowledge is readily accessible around the department,
great place to work
Post Doc (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 June 2017
nice people, great facilities, interesting projects and international teams

learnt a lot, it is a good place for someone who wants to stay in science
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
slow career progression
Informative
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 May 2017
A fantastic opportunity. It really opened up my eyes to different sectors and helped me flourish my skills. It ultimately helped me decide what area I wanted to go into career wise.
A fun a rewarding place
Science Technician (Current Employee) –  South East London, Greater London12 May 2017
Kings is a great place to work , the students make it worth going im for. The lack of progress and repect let the place down. The days can be hard when teaching is going on but lots of fun.
Pros
Easy relaxed place to work
Cons
No way to advance
Challenging but a fun and friendly environment.
Coordinator MSc in Epileptology (Former Employee) –  WEC, Medical School, Denmark Hill, SE5 9RS2 April 2017
It was fun working at Kings’ College London and it was great to have flexible hours. However, my salary did reflect my effort and professional commitment. In addition, for me, there was no prospect of career development; as I was not a medical Doctor. Furthermore, that MSc Course had too many two or three hours, p/a, Lecturers but did attract enough students to have continuity. Hence it was under severe supervision by the University of London and, as it seems, it was recently discontinued.
Pros
Flexible hour and friendly environment.
Cons
Unpaid long working days and weekends
Productive work place
security/receptionist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 March 2017
Working for Kings College has been a great experience i have learned a lot from meeting new people every day dealing with all different cultures.
There is only one thing that lets kings down is the pay.
Pros
productive
Cons
pay
Fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment.
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  London13 September 2016
Higher education is an increasingly competitive industry. Working at King's was fast paced and demanding but I thoroughly enjoyed working there.
Excellent University
International Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 June 2016
KCL is not only a great univerisity to study at, but also its high-skilled international team is passionate about reaching good indicators of King's excellence.
Work and life balance was always perceived.