King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Instituição muito respeitada e justa.
Técnico em sala de operação (Former Employee) –  Greater London25 January 2019
No departamento do hospital onde eu trabalhava éramos cerca de 45 funcionários entre: enfermeiros, doutores, auxiliares, cirurgiōes e gerência de 16 países diferentes. Uma verdadeira babilônia onde todos nós nos entendíamos. Aprendi muito sobre o quão forte o corpo humano pode ser, porem, não somos invencíveis. Fiz muitos amigos de vários cantos do planeta. Cuidei de muitos pacientes difícil, rir e chorei com eles. A cultura da empresa é boa, o ambiente de trabalho, as vezes, tenso era muito agradável. Mas depois de 16 anos resolvi deixar Londres. Por isso que sai.
Pros
35 dias de feiras incluindo dias de feriados.
Cons
Ficar sob aviso. Noites e finais de semanas.
Poor management of staff by Senior Management
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London5 December 2018
Management top heavy with limited long term planning

Sadly senior management does not engage well with the staff nor does it encourage or empower the staff to take pride in working for the organisation
A routine job with possible advancement
Ophthalmic Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  London12 October 2018
Day to day - processing patients for doctors, assisting doctors with procedures
Learned - Ophthalmic medicine and whats involved, plus a little bit about the eye in general. Teaching is extremely limited and you must seek it out as an individual if you wish to learn
Management - Sufficient. Often chaotic in high pressure situations.
Workplace culture - A small amount. The job is too busy to really develop this.
Hardest part of job - the sheer quantity of patients coming through, and the lack of leadership in the department.
Most enjoyable part - experience in operating theaters.

*Job advertised as £18,000 - £21,000 PA, this was false. I started on £16,000 and have increased to £17,000 after considerable effort.
Busy London hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 October 2018
Busy tertiary centre; pros and cons
Great staff
Great teams
Great patients
High workload
Culture of working through lunch, working over and beyond all the time
Challenging and dynamic
Clinical Practice Facilitator for Cardiovascular (Current Employee) –  London21 September 2017
King's is a wonderful hospital full of character.
It experiences the challenges of most NHS hospitals in London but offers a great base for supportive development.
Ok
1st Shift On-Site Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denmark hill30 August 2017
I supervise a team of 17 workers I raise ppm and reactive works I also supervise various role
I also carry out various repairs on on site, on electrical and mechanical service
Pros
Free training
Cons
Shift hours
Fast paced, busy and short staffed.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  London24 August 2017
Care that is effective and efficient is paramount in King's ethos, however resources are incredibly stretched and there is a major deficit in staffing levels.
Pros
Prestigious establishment
Cons
Poor staffing levels
Amazing and huge place to work in
Intensive Critical Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  London18 August 2017
The hospital is a mayor complex of buildings, its huge. There are departments for every simple thing, many thousands of patientes are looked after in the wards every single day. Has the most advance medicine, innovative, modern and last advances in surgery and Intensive Critical Care. Very modern, very busy, quite overwhelming.
Pros
Its a great place to learn
Cons
It's very very busy
It can be fun to work there and some time it is not
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Princess Royal University Hospital7 August 2017
Am just using the website for the first time so I don't know how effect is going to be.
I was not happy in my old post after I came back from long time illness . So I can not really give true review at the moment.
Pros
The environment can be conducive to work in
Cons
Long hours and busy
A patient friendly hospital
Observer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 March 2017
A proper hospital to improve medical skills.
There many patients and it is easy to practice for fellowships, research assistants or residents who aim to become a good practitioner.
Busy but fun LITU
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  London17 March 2017
Very multiculture LITU. busy but fun working.
Considerable on childcare schedule.
Supportive seniors. Line managers and pdn are making sure that cpd are up to date.
Nhs
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Former Employee) –  London24 September 2016
a typical day at work.
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Supportive
Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ENG9 September 2015
Has the biggest Neurology center in Europe. One of the best teaching hospitals in the UK. Exciting and very supportive colleagues.
Pros
Supportive Colleagues
Cons
Short Staffing
Interesting,challenging,diverse
Finance Transaction Manager (Current Employee) –  London25 June 2015
Good benefits, discounts, diverse culture, interesting colleagues,can be frustrating due to red tape and bureaucracy
Very nice Trust to work for, many benefits included
Dental & Ophthalmology Waiting List Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  London, ENG17 April 2015
I work very long hours, most days are 6.30am-7pm. I enjoy working here, although it can be stressful sometimes, the staff and structure make it enjoyable to come to work each day. I enjoy managing my 2 separate teams, they both operate completely differently as one is for inpatients and the other is for outpatients.
Pros
Good benefits such as wages, pensions, maternity
Cons
Long hours/45 minute break for the whole day
Flexible working/manager
Course Administrator (Current Employee) –  Resuscitation Training Department, 1st Floor A&E17 December 2012
I have a lot of fun within the team that I work. We all get on very well, although I may not see them very often as they teach and I am office based, I know that I have their support should I need it. My typical day involves, checking my emails, sorting application forms, booking in staff for training, dealing with telephone queries. I have been attending a management course within the Trust, as my manager felt that this would a useful qualification to have. I am very supported by my manager and my team. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the constant stream of phone calls from prospective candidates. These phone calls can often be very difficult and sometimes slightly abusive. Luckily for me the support I have from my manager allows me to off-load to him and learn not to take any of it personally. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we are actually running these courses. It gives me a chance to meet the candidates that I have only spoken to by email and also I get to meet new faculty and catch up with previous faculty. It's very interesting meeting the candidates and new faculty, you get a chance to learn little bit about them and often they take the time to learn about me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Job Title