Kinex Employee Review

Unreliable place to work- don’t bother if you have financial commitments.
Telesales agent (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire2 January 2019
Worked there for just under 2 weeks and was sacked despite hitting targets- simply down to favouritism between the managers and “group” (arselickers).

250 calls to be made a day on the same data sheets which is ridiculous especially with the new GDPR regulations I expect this excuse of a sales driven scam of an office are shut down soon and to anyone with a car/ home to pay for .. don’t waste your time, find a better job where you actually get paid commission for your efforts.
Pros
Cons
Everything - shocking place to work

Other Kinex Employee Reviews

Would avoid
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 January 2019
Training was half a day and then there was meant to be another half day but that never happened, management were not supportive and didn’t tell me how to actually do the job just told us what script to follow.
Never told we had to hit the target then was dropped because we didn’t reach it.
People were nice but managers were very inappropriate and unprofessional, not what I expected at all in this job! Very exaggerated in the interview process.
Would avoid, there’s no point.
Pros
Breaks help the day go fast
Cons
Mostly everything
Waste of time
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire15 January 2019
I got offered the job at Kinex without having any experience in sales so I was very excited to be offered an interview. The interview process was simple and was pretty much just sitting there being told how to make commission and I got offered the role on the spot.
When I started I walked in and was straight away told to sit down without being introduced to the managers or team properly which was a bit awkward as I still couldn’t tell you what the managers names were and I didn’t even know the girl next to me was also a new starter. We then played a game for half an hour which instantly gave me a class room type of feel and I felt more like a child than anything. Me and the other 2 new starters got taken into the training room where we were given only about 2 hours of “training” which literally consisted of purely reading a script over and over again (when I made calls this script was useless anyway and seemed very fake). The job I left for Kinex I was training staff on a daily basis and I was far from impressed. After lunch we got told to sit at the phones, not told how to even make a call, with no knowledge on the actual product we were trying to sell other than it’s apparently slightly cheaper than BT and expected to go through a list of 200+ contacts (which had already been called 3 times before and either said they are not interested or didn’t pick up). If it wasn’t for me quizzing the girl next to me and taking it upon myself to watch her I would have no clue what I was doing. I looked over to the other new starter and she looked completely lost after being sat there
  more... for a few hours and still had no clue what to do.
I constantly had (what I think was) a manager screaming and messing around in one ear and music in the other, I could barely hear the person on the phone and it must have sounded so unprofessional to the people on the other end of the phone. This same manager was talking over other staff whilst they were reaching a ‘close’ meaning they couldn’t hear at the most vital time and you could tell it was just confusing them. From my day there I honestly couldn’t tell you what that individual manager actually does apart from walk around and talk over people. Speaking of this, they have a thing called ‘power hour’ where you are literally forced to stand up for the hour on the phone, I was nearly told off for sitting down to write up a call back sheet. They also expect you to stand up when you get through to the business owner because for some reason apparently it helps. I don’t think standing up and being uncomfortable really sounds better personally, just more forced and inpatient.
I can safety say I would never want to work for them or recommend them to anyone as I disagree with the “training”, management and ethics.
Pros
Monday to Friday, bank holidays and weekends off, consistent hours.
Cons
Easily fired if you don’t need the app target, unprofessional environment, lack of training, poor management and heavily pressurised sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kinex. Our community is ready to answer.