Kinex
Kinex Employee Review

Cold calling

27 September 2019
The ‘training’ was a joke. A few hours in the room not explaining what products we were to try and advertise and sell but rather how to “trick” (managers exact words) people into agreeing to appointments. I found that to be very concerning. On the phones, targets are not unrealistic however, when the managers are shouting, swearing and throwing things around the office it is offputting to porter sim clients. No guidance is given whilst in the phone’s, customers have asked not to be contacted to which managers laugh and put them down for a call back!!! Hours are long, 75 minutes a day unpaid breaks. Wouldn’t go back.
26 February 2020
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Work is easy but is ran by stupid people. Also don't pay there staff can and will get fired with no warning and I say again they do not pay you.......
Official response from Kinex
2 March 2020
We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.
29 January 2020
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Southampton
Early start, a few breaks which is good but the level of stress and pressure they put on you to make these appointments are ridiculous. Trying to deal with angry clients down the phone who shout/scream/swear at you is difficult. Not a job for everyone, takes a special kind of person.
Official response from Kinex
30 January 2020
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review,

We are sorry you didn't have a more enjoyable time with us at Kinex

5 June 2020
Same location
Telesales (Former Employee) - Birmingham, West Midlands
I worked for them for about 2 months if you don't bookin the first 3 days yor out, Mangagers are a complete joke not one could run a company if they tried, Plus your on cctv being watched, AVOID BIRMINGHAM OFFICE bunch of idots