Kinex Employee Review

Worst place I have ever worked for!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire24 July 2018
I don't even know where to start. Applied for a role at Kinex after needing to start work quickly, needless to say a big waste of time and the biggest mistake I have made. The role clearly states you will be a sales advisor , however you are lead generating so they can avoid meeting compliance and getting reported to ofcom. They do this by not actually selling on the phone, however it is still very much hardselling. The wage is horrendous for the hours you are expected to do and you might hit 4-10 sales a week at best. The management there (specifically the branch manager) are very unprofessional and clearly do not have much management experience. He was very arrogant and spoke down to us as if we were children, having been a team leader in my previous role I found it quite offensive that he would lecture us on how to be a good sales person, and how he is a "great manager" it was absolutely entirely bravado and he would just flounce about the office playing with sports equipment whilst shouting at us as if he was the wolf of wall Street. The office was chaotic and he did not know how to handle ten people so I can't possibly understand how he could progress any further or why he is even in the role. Noone had any form of induction or fire safety training, there were no weekly reviews on performance and the management were just running around like headless, clueless chickens. Kinex you really need to hire people with experience and qualifications to be a suitable manager, not an individual who has no qualifications and openly admitted he hates the company. The training manager  more... wasn't any better, he had transferred from Newcastle , however, didn't have a clue what he was doing. The script we had been provided with was totally incomprehensible and had been written by someone with lack of understanding of sales techniques. My advice to the management would be , just because that is your job title doesn't mean you are better than everyone else in the office and you should learn to treat people with abit more respect.  less
Pros
A nice view from the office
Cons
Everything else
Official response from Kinex
3 August 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we are disappointed to hear of your experience whilst working at kinex as we strive to ensure all employees have an enjoyable experience.
As a lead generator your role would be to generate interest in a product by following a compliant script in order for a field sales advisor to visit the business in person. We would like to look into the issues raised if you could please contact us at HR@kinex.co.uk and provide further details in order for us to look into this matter internally.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you the best of luck.

Other Kinex Employee Reviews

Depressing
Field Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, BM10 October 2018
Have nothing positive to say about working here. Never had the proper training and was thrown into the deep end and struggled quite badly. The manager of the group I was in didn't even know how to sell the products and had the cheek to speak to you as if you were nothing when you didn't get a deal. Other than that the call center looked like a fun environment to work in where in, never heard any negative comments about and you got the proper training.

The salary for this job is really good but I had to leave personally as life is to short to be miserable!
Shocking but good pay
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham30 September 2018
Was let go after lack of sales. Calling the same people everyday even those who didn't want us to call back. Manager was amazing and actually lost his job for me by keeping me on a week after further management said to fire me. The environment was fun and business like.
Pros
Fun work environment, good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours and no jam b security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kinex. Our community is ready to answer.