Kinex Employee Review

Worst place I have ever worked for!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire24 July 2018
I don't even know where to start. Applied for a role at Kinex after needing to start work quickly, needless to say a big waste of time and the biggest mistake I have made. The role clearly states you will be a sales advisor , however you are lead generating so they can avoid meeting compliance and getting reported to ofcom. They do this by not actually selling on the phone, however it is still very much hardselling. The wage is horrendous for the hours you are expected to do and you might hit 4-10 sales a week at best. The management there (specifically the branch manager) are very unprofessional and clearly do not have much management experience. He was very arrogant and spoke down to us as if we were children, having been a team leader in my previous role I found it quite offensive that he would lecture us on how to be a good sales person, and how he is a "great manager" it was absolutely entirely bravado and he would just flounce about the office playing with sports equipment whilst shouting at us as if he was the wolf of wall Street. The office was chaotic and he did not know how to handle ten people so I can't possibly understand how he could progress any further or why he is even in the role. Noone had any form of induction or fire safety training, there were no weekly reviews on performance and the management were just running around like headless, clueless chickens. Kinex you really need to hire people with experience and qualifications to be a suitable manager, not an individual who has no qualifications and openly admitted he hates the company. The training manager  more... wasn't any better, he had transferred from Newcastle , however, didn't have a clue what he was doing. The script we had been provided with was totally incomprehensible and had been written by someone with lack of understanding of sales techniques. My advice to the management would be , just because that is your job title doesn't mean you are better than everyone else in the office and you should learn to treat people with abit more respect.  less
Pros
A nice view from the office
Cons
Everything else
3 August 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we are disappointed to hear of your experience whilst working at kinex as we strive to ensure all employees have an enjoyable experience.
As a lead generator your role would be to generate interest in a product by following a compliant script in order for a field sales advisor to visit the business in person. We would like to look into the issues raised if you could please contact us at HR@kinex.co.uk and provide further details in order for us to look into this matter internally.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you the best of luck.

Other Kinex Employee Reviews

Amazing job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol9 December 2018
Been working here for a week now and I have to say it’s a brilliant company to work for all the staff are supportive so is the management always willing to give feedback to help you improve so far I’ve made 1 sign up per day apart from Friday not bad considering it’s my first week 100% would recommend to anyone looking for a job
Pros
Amazing staff
11 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review!

We are so pleased to hear you are doing so well in your new role, and that you are benefitting from all the support and guidance we provide to our new starters.

Keep up the great work :)

Kind Regards,

Kinex Team

Stay away!
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire26 November 2018
Awful place to work! They sacked me after 2 weeks! The job title said "selling well established product" not 1 person I phoned ever heard of the product! Management was very poor and unprofessional!
Pros
Early friday Finish
Cons
The whole thing!
3 December 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as a Sales Agent, as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Kinex.

We are always looking at ways to improve for both current and existing staff. Therefore, we would like to look into the issues you have raised, if you could please provide further details to our HR Department (HR@Kinex.co.uk)

Kind Regards,

Kinex

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kinex. Our community is ready to answer.