Kinex Employee Review

better off being a road sweeper
TELESALES (Former Employee) –  Birmingham11 March 2019
such a horrible place to work, they make it sound all nice when advertising the job and then when you actually start working here you realise that this company is a scam. They recruit anyone and everyone and don't care if you have sales experience or not but regardless, you will be sacked within 3 months, period. A lot of people don't even make it after their first week, and they do this because they make you work your bottom off and then sack you. They keep all your commission that YOU have made, but they lied to us on every payday and told us that we will get our commission on our next pay, so we could stay for the 3 month period. Every pay, we were getting under the basic salary they said we would get, bearing in mind making at least £700 commission within the 3 months and they took it all for themselves. One person worked so hard and earned £500 in one deal and they never seen more than £10 commission. The 3 months i was there they recruited around 40 people and in that time they ALL got sacked from their 1st week up until their 8th week. The management are unprofessional and topics would get out of hand. Some mornings they made us come in earlier than our 8:30 start by mentioning it in the work group chat the night before just for a stupid "important meeting" that was nothing but pointless and time wasting. One woman even walked out during her interview because she saw how unprofessional the management was. On your first day they put you straight onto the phones without training or help. It's not a team, it's independent work. They give you the same data they have been  more... calling for the past 5 years, so every owner gets annoyed because they've received 100 calls from kinex. They forced everyone to stand up for an hour most days for what? You finish at 6 even though most business' close at 5, and NO ONE gets an appointment ever, after 5!
I called in sick ONCE because i was very sick, and they told me "you have to come in otherwise don't bother coming back" so i was forced to come in, however that SAME day they allowed another person to call in sick and it was fine for them? nothing but fake, unprofessional and scammers this company. Even the "games" they made you play were rubbish and not motivational at all. They even collect everyone's phones off them at the start of the shift. How childish. If it wasn't for the other fun employees i wouldn't have stayed as long as i did. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME THIS IS A SCAMMING COMPANY.
Pros
the employees - if it wasn't for them i would have left in the second week
Cons
rubbish management, don't pay you, make you work so hard for such long hours for nothing
Official response from Kinex
21 March 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, however we are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working at Kinex.

We are always looking at ways to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@Kinex.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.

We appreciate the feedback regarding the working hours - however, we do like to think we offer a good work/life balance as there are no awkward shift patterns, no weekend shifts, plus we are closed on Bank Holidays and over the festive period allowing staff that much needed social time with friends and family.

We try to ensure that we provide sufficient and personalised training to assist all employees in achieving their sales targets. As well as 121s and coaching with their direct line-manager.

We wish you all the best for the future.

Kind Regards,
Kinex

Other Kinex Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Telesales Operative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham25 March 2019
Good office, fun place to work with a nice culture of commission making it friendly and competitive nature. I love working here as i feel rewarded for my job
Not Worth It
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester24 March 2019
Wasn't even here a week. Managers have unrealistic expectations of you. Each day you're expected to make at least 3 appointments; this is impossible because most businesses don't really want to be harassed whilst they're trying to run the business.

You're expected to call 200 people (businesses) a day, make 3+ appointments and to stand up whilst being on the phone to every one of the potential customers.

There will be new people starting every other day and the training is minimal. The managers discuss amongst themselves who will be the first to leave and the longest to stay. This is absolute discrimination towards employees before they've even started.

Overall if you like calling and harassing people then this is the job for you! If you like childish management, then this is the job for you!
Pros
6pm finishes
Cons
Everything Else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kinex. Our community is ready to answer.