Kinex

Kinex Employee Review

Conmen do not waste your time (ipswich)
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk13 January 2020
They promise the world and deliver on nothing, commission based but no commission paid. You will be told that you need to sell channels (1 channel = 1 internet or phone line) the more people you get to swap over from their provider eg BT to Kinex the higher amount of commission you will be paid. So far so good right? Wrong here's how they try to be crafty, all you are actually doing is setting up appointments for the field agent who then goes to see the customer and tries to close the deal. The next day they will tell you if the deal was made or not, regardless you wont see a penny from the commission on your wageslip just the minimum wage amount, there is no way to prove the deals you made, no paper trial no computer nothing just your word against their's. I have worked there unfortunately and spoken to several people who have and it's the same thing over and over again fired after a week no commission paid. Indeed should stop advertising for them!
22 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working with us here at Kinex as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Kinex.

We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@verastar.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.

Other Kinex Employee Reviews

positive and helpful always keep you motivated
Telesales Agent (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire13 February 2020
worked here a 3 times and enjoyed it every time only left due to personal reasons but always welcomed me back and encourage me to be the best i can be.
Pros
welcoming and enthusiastic always driving you to succeed
Cons
new starters who think telesales will be easy and dont give it 100%, and blame others for their incompetence
21 February 2020

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are pleased you are enjoying your time at Verastar. Ensuring our staff have a positive and friendly working environment is key, as well as ensuring they are provided with enough support and guidance to reach their full potential.

Keep up the great work! :)

Lack of professionalism
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire7 February 2020
Spent 3 months working for Kinex, in what I can describe was one of the most stressful jobs I ever had.

Having a strong sales background with a lot experience in various sales sectors I not understand how such a big comoany lacks understanding of basic sales.

Step by step procedure that they have in place is nothing more than a written sales script which they believe will work everytime, any argument made by the customer the most imortant one being the price which is usually higher.

How can you expect a potential customer to switch to Kinex if the current provider is on avarge 30% cheaper. The managment at Kinex is making the argument of proce increase for every other provider, forgeting that although it is true, other providers offer shorter contracts at better rates which makes no sense for most customers to switch.

Price beat guarantee is nothing but an empty promise, what in fact happens, customers are left with the higher price and tied to a 3 year contract instead of being given the price beat.

They ll tell you to sign up everyone and tell them that Kinex will cover any termination charges up to £300 etc but when it comes to covering it the turn around and say it was not worth for the company to pay the termination fee.

No information about customer cancelling before reciving the invoice which dont alywas come when expected, so there is no way to try and convince the customer you worked so hard to sign up.

Waste of time and energy!
Pros
Zero Pros
Cons
Expensive Prices, Bad customer service, Poor Management
14 February 2020

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kinex. Our community is ready to answer.