Kinex Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Birmingham23 reviews
Might not be for everyone but I really enjoy the atmosphere, never had managers that support you like here, some people can’t handle targets but if you ask for help or show signs of needing help then it’s always there
Big up the kinex fam
Hi,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

It is great to hear you are enjoying your time with us and are finding the workplace a fun place to be!

Keep up the great work!
I worked for them for about 2 months if you don't bookin the first 3 days yor out, Mangagers are a complete joke not one could run a company if they tried, Plus your on cctv being watched, AVOID BIRMINGHAM OFFICE bunch of idots
You're never left alone & definitely have a support group around. I found the team to be everything I needed to get through certain moments. But you have to have the right mentality when entering this job. Don't be mislead by the laughs, this is a job that demands you to uphold a level of excellence. In the end I loved it and you would too.
20 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - it is great to hear you are enjoying your time here with us. Keep up the great work! :)
Good atmosphere , everyone is friendly and helpful! Feels like a big family. Great energy, fast paced and never a dull moment! If you’re good at the good at the job you’ll enjoy your time there!!!!!
20 December 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

It is great to hear you have had such a positive start to your career with us here at Kinex. Keep up the great work!
Once you get past the fact that this job isn't rocket science, you can start to have fun. Actively encouraged to tell jokes to potential customers

If you want a job where you can have fun and banter then I'd highly recomend
Hi,

We appreciate you taking time to leave a review,

Its great to hear you're enjoying your time with us at Kinex and that you have found a job that is the right fit for you!

Keep up the good work!
They are a bunch of cowboys in suits and ties to say the least. Management extremely poor. Job extremely dull try to do 5 minute games every so often throughout the day to try and compensate for the long hours and monotonous work but it doesn't work. Don't consider this a serious job just something whilst your looking for a better one.
28 November 2019
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working with us here at Kinex as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Kinex.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your service and wish you the best for the future
The ‘training’ was a joke. A few hours in the room not explaining what products we were to try and advertise and sell but rather how to “trick” (managers exact words) people into agreeing to appointments. I found that to be very concerning. On the phones, targets are not unrealistic however, when the managers are shouting, swearing and throwing things around the office it is offputting to porter sim clients. No guidance is given whilst in the phone’s, customers have asked not to be contacted to which managers laugh and put them down for a call back!!! Hours are long, 75 minutes a day unpaid breaks. Wouldn’t go back.
Worked here for a while, it’s really fun and loud place to work, everyone is full of encouragement it’s like a big family from the telesales staff all the way up to the regional management, would really consider going back
Pros
Fun
Cons
Hours
30 September 2019
Hi,

Thank you for your review - It's great to hear that you enjoyed the fun environment that we pride ourselves on here at Kinex!

Keep up all the great work
I would advise nobody to work here. It is all a scam. You will be on the phone to customers and managers would be shouting in the back which puts the customers of and put the phone down. No proffessionalism, having favourites, don't know how to handle situations. Everything that is said is a lie. Employees do more work while managers have less to do. No training is given.
ghaf
29 August 2019
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Kinex.

We try to ensure that we provide sufficient and personalised training to assist all employees in achieving their sales targets. As well as 121s and coaching with their direct line-manager.

We wish you all the best for the future.

Kinex
I have mixed feelings about this job.

The managers are very nice. They are very good at motivating their workforce and the workplace is relatively fun.

I was a good agent, not amazing. I was told I could 'do the job'. This was enough to be the last remaining member of my training group. They clearly have a very high labour turnover rate as they are training new people every week.

I got offered a new job so I gave the required notice and was 'let go' the day after. I'm quite certain they are under no obligation to keep me around after my notice but If i'd have known it would be dealt with this way I wouldn't have bothered handing it in.
Pros
Nice managers. Fun workplace.
Cons
High labour turnover, don't get comfortable.
21 June 2019
Hi,

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

It is great to hear you had such a positive working relationship with your managers, and we are pleased you found the working environment enjoyable.

However, we are sorry to hear of your negative experience upon leaving Kinex.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for you hard work and wish you well in the future.
Honestly enjoying my experience here. The targets can feel like a lot of pressure but the management is always enthusiastic and friendly, and the team helps to pull you up from a dark place. It’s not easy but if you can do it well, it’s brilliant.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Targets can make you feel pressured
20 May 2019
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - it is great to hear you are finding your managers and colleagues so supportive.

Keep up the great work!
Good office, fun place to work with a nice culture of commission making it friendly and competitive nature. I love working here as i feel rewarded for my job
9 April 2019
Hi,

Thank you for your review - It's great to hear that you enjoyed the fun environment that we pride ourselves on!

Kinex is pleased to offer such a great commission structure which encourages staff to reach their full potential and make some fantastic earnings when exceeding their targets - it is great to hear you are benefiting from this!

Keep up the great work!
such a horrible place to work, they make it sound all nice when advertising the job and then when you actually start working here you realise that this company is a scam. They recruit anyone and everyone and don't care if you have sales experience or not but regardless, you will be sacked within 3 months, period. A lot of people don't even make it after their first week, and they do this because they make you work your bottom off and then sack you. They keep all your commission that YOU have made, but they lied to us on every payday and told us that we will get our commission on our next pay, so we could stay for the 3 month period. Every pay, we were getting under the basic salary they said we would get, bearing in mind making at least £700 commission within the 3 months and they took it all for themselves. One person worked so hard and earned £500 in one deal and they never seen more than £10 commission. The 3 months i was there they recruited around 40 people and in that time they ALL got sacked from their 1st week up until their 8th week. The management are unprofessional and topics would get out of hand. Some mornings they made us come in earlier than our 8:30 start by mentioning it in the work group chat the night before just for a stupid "important meeting" that was nothing but pointless and time wasting. One woman even walked out during her interview because she saw how unprofessional the management was. On your first day they put you straight onto the phones without training or help. It's not a team, it's independent work. They give you the same data they have been - more...
Pros
the employees - if it wasn't for them i would have left in the second week
Cons
rubbish management, don't pay you, make you work so hard for such long hours for nothing
21 March 2019
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, however we are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working at Kinex.

We are always looking at ways to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@Kinex.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.

We appreciate the feedback regarding the working hours - however, we do like to think we offer a good work/life balance as there are no awkward shift patterns, no weekend shifts, plus we are closed on Bank Holidays and over the festive period allowing staff that much needed social time with friends and family.

We wish you all the best for the future.

Kinex
Motivational office with a friendly and fun environment. This job is a good job to earn money. Staff is all friendly and helpful, always support available. The positivity in the office makes the job a lot more enjoyable. Also the best thing about the job is the commission and at the end of every month we win amazing prizes from the raffle draw. We play fun games which is really motivational for us all because it makes our job so different.
Pros
Good way to earn money and fun environment
Hi,

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a positive review.

Maintaining our fun environment, as well as focusing on the development and support of our staff is always at the forefront of our minds!

The uncapped commission structure is our way of thanking our staff for all their hard work and allowing them to control their own earnings. As well as the raffle to keep things fun and interesting each month!

Thanks again for your feedback - Keep up the great work :)
Kinex is a decent job.. its a good way to make money.. comission is totally down to individuals.. what u earn is up to u.. staff an management are helpful and full training is also given.. when new people start the job they are welcomed and also enjoy what we do here! This is a sales job where targets are to be met if u put in the work there is nothing to worry about
Pros
incentives, good way to earn money
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review.

It's lovely to hear you enjoy the vibrant working environment and are benefiting from our uncapped commission structure.

Keep up all the great work!
Applied with no telesales experience but training is provided. Still had difficulties booking appointments on my first week so one of the manager helped me gain confidence. There’s always new games every week. Work and play is balanced. There’s targets to be reached each week but with hard work it’s achievable. It’s a sales company so it’s very competitive but the commissions are worth it.
Pros
Games, monthly prize like £200 voucher, laptop, etc.
Hi,

We really appreciate you taking the time to a review.

Maintaining our fun environment, as well as focusing on the development, training and progression of staff is always a priority for us.

It's great to hear you are enjoying the balance of the fun environment as well as getting the job done!

Kinex
After coming from recruitment and going into sales I never thought I would be good at it but with all the training and support I am currently hitting all targets and earning great commission the bonuses are really good too kinex is a great company to work for and the team I work with are great been the best career change I have made
Pros
Commission and bonuses
Cons
No dress down Fridays
6 March 2018
Hi,

Thanks for your fantastic review. It's great to hear you've benefitted from our

training and support and enjoy the friendly office environment. Good luck in your continued development and keep up the great work!
Have been working at kinex for just over a month. Everyone at the Birmingham office have been nothing but lovely to me since I started. We come in at 8:30 and the managers give us a pep talk in the morning for us to get excited for the day. We play games in the day, have amazing incentives and sometimes we get the chance to go home early if we hit our targets as an office. It can be hard to hit targets and sometimes it can get a bit tedious when you get nothing but answer machines for a while, but it’s an amazing place to have banter and even though we see a lot of people come and go it’s nice to meet different people and get along with everyone well! The hours are great it’s just the commuting that takes more time out of the day than anything, but overall kinex is such a good job and I’m so glad I took the opportunity. It’s been a massive career change and I’ve become so much more confident by working on the phone. Learning all about the business has been great fun and the Christmas party is definitely a good incentive to stay in the job. Management help you out so much and talk to you in a nice and respectable way if you’re struggling and I can tell that everyone at the Birmingham office cares about eachother. It would be good if the shirts could be a colour other than white and it would be great if people didn’t leave all the time but a lot of people just can’t stick it out.
Pros
Good break times, good incentives, fun games
Cons
Watching people come and go
13 February 2018
Hello,

Thank you for your fantastic review, it’s great to hear you enjoy working at kinex, we’re glad you’re part of our team!