Kinex Employee Reviews

Treat it as a temporary job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 May 2019
I’m absolutely shocked at the way they run the place I only joined a couple of weeks ago and seen so many people get sacked then asked to come back something questionable seems to be going on with staff turnover situations like this are usually for tax purposes one lad get sacked for the sales agents not selling I don’t see how this is his fault as we only book an appointment to be vetted by the manager the lads missed sales was all because the company couldn’t offer any savings or the contract was too long to be bought out this is what the vetting process is for so it seems people are getting sacked just for the days numbers being up and not being vetted properly this is also the most childish place I’ve ever worked playing silly games ridiculous motivation speeches making us think we’re lucky to have the job I’m glad to be out of there as it seems we’re being set up to be sacked just to make the numbers look good
Pros
Not a lot
Cons
vey Unprofessional childish place to work
15 May 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working with us, as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Kinex.

We are always looking at way to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@Kinex.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.

A fun fast paced place to work.
Telesales (Current Employee) –  Leeds3 May 2019
Having worked here for a while in the Leeds call centre I would recommend this place. It’s a professional vibrant office environment with plenty of fun and games and a bit of banter to get you through the day. Telesales isn’t easy, but the people are vigorous, and the management in Leeds are a good team who look out for their employees and want them to do well. It isn’t somewhere you can sit around doing nothing, but if you aren’t lazy and you can use a telephone it’s certainly a decent job.
Pros
Fun games and a laugh every day.
Cons
It’s telesales

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It's lovely to hear you are enjoy the vibrant working environment!

Keep up all the great work!

Excellent place to work
Telesales (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 May 2019
Vibrant ;) atmosphere lovely people to work with always there to support you and great training. it’s a great team and everyone makes you feel welcome and help you out if you need it
Pros
Excellent bonuses plus raffle tickets given for gift cards
Cons
Long hours but goes quickly as you get 3 breaks

Hi,

Thank you for your review - It's great to hear that you enjoyed the fun environment that we pride ourselves on here at Kinex! Maintaining our fun environment, as well as focusing on the development, training and progression of staff is always at the forefront of our minds!

Thanks again for your feedback - Keep up the great work :)

Great job with great people and the best motivator you could ask for
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 May 2019
Great job with great people and the best motivator you could ask for great apnosphere all round perfect job take the opportunity if you go for it no regrets

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It's lovely to hear how much you are enjoying your time here at Kinex!

Keep up all the great work! :)

Kinex telesales
Telesales Operative (Current Employee) –  Leeds2 May 2019
I have been working for kinex for the last 3 years. I THROUGHLY ENJOY MY JOB!! Since starting the job i have found them very accomadating to individuals circumstances.I still wake up and enjoying going to work. I have children and other commitments. Once in the office i love the environment. The team members are very approachable and help out loads. Managers try their best to keep us happy and motivated. Theres loads of incentives every month. It definetly pays off to work hard. I love the pay scheme.Basic-Commission-Bonus.
Pros
Good pay. Friendly team
Cons
Offices facilities

Hi,

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a positive and constructive review!

It is great to hear you are enjoying your role so much and have a such a positive working relationship with your colleagues and management.

Keep up the great work!

Avoid avoid avoid
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Tunbridge wells29 April 2019
They promise you the earth and don’t deliver
In the interview they promise you four appointments per day and £1k per week
You are lucky to get one appointment per day , they are also unqualified appointments and they use pressurising tactics to get customers to buy
Do not work for this company
Pros
Cons
No pay

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working with us.

Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire11 April 2019
Sacked in a week
Sales (Former Employee) –  Suffolk10 April 2019
Good management, plenty of breaks throughout the day and good team building exercises however the job it’s self is cold calling businesses, usually in their trading hours. It’s hard to hit 2 appointments a day after just 1 days training, and that’s expected of you in your first week. They don’t give you any warning, just sack you a week after you start. Messing with peoples lives isn’t fair and that’s exactly what this company does.
Pros
Plenty of breaks, a laugh when you’re not on the phones
Cons
No job security, hard targets to meet
26 April 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the structure of the day and felt the management team were effective.

We are sorry to hear of your negative experiences, we always endeavour to ensure employees have a positive experience when working for us.

We wish you all the best for the future.

Worst job I've ever had? Yes....
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham5 April 2019
Was at Kinex for a week before they let me go, the reason why was because I didn't hit my deal target which isn't even anything to do with me because I just set the appointments. Was 1 minute late into work and got told off but someone the next day turned up 20 minutes late and was fine!

Very unprofessional management who clearly have favourites and let them get away with anything. Pay is awful for the amount of hours you work, the "important meeting" in the morning is to just ask everyone what they did on the weekend (pointless).

The only good thing about this company was the people you work with and the occasional interesting person on the other end of the phone.

The training is just a rinse and repeat and doesn't work as the script is just unrealistic.

Overall wish I never bothered applying as the job is a complete lie and the company is a shambles.
Pros
Other employees
Cons
Literally everything including the toilets

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as a Customer Service Advisor, as we endeavour to ensure all of our representatives have a positive experience whilst working with us here at Kinex.

Worst job I've had
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire26 March 2019
Don't bother you'll get fired within 2 weeks lmao. Only about sales they don't care about anything else. On the phone on your first day with the worst 2 hour training & expected to make sales & if not you've lost your job lol. Waste of time don't bother.
Pros
Easy job to get
Cons
Everything else
9 April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working with us.

We would like to wish you every success in the future.

Fun place to work
Telesales Operative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham25 March 2019
Good office, fun place to work with a nice culture of commission making it friendly and competitive nature. I love working here as i feel rewarded for my job

Hi,

Thank you for your review - It's great to hear that you enjoyed the fun environment that we pride ourselves on!

Kinex is pleased to offer such a great commission structure which encourages staff to reach their full potential and make some fantastic earnings when exceeding their targets - it is great to hear you are benefiting from this!

Keep up the great work!

Not Worth It
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester24 March 2019
Wasn't even here a week. Managers have unrealistic expectations of you. Each day you're expected to make at least 3 appointments; this is impossible because most businesses don't really want to be harassed whilst they're trying to run the business.

You're expected to call 200 people (businesses) a day, make 3+ appointments and to stand up whilst being on the phone to every one of the potential customers.

There will be new people starting every other day and the training is minimal. The managers discuss amongst themselves who will be the first to leave and the longest to stay. This is absolute discrimination towards employees before they've even started.

Overall if you like calling and harassing people then this is the job for you! If you like childish management, then this is the job for you!
Pros
6pm finishes
Cons
Everything Else

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience as a Sales Assistant, as we endeavour to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Kinex.

Uncomfortable unprofessional and unorganised
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 March 2019
Have you heard of the saying ‘you do what your mrs tells ya’ I was here for less than a week and I had to leave. I have done sales all my life but never have I come across an office environment like Kinex. A sales office should be professional and everyone should be treated equally. In this office the staff or in other words the managers girlfriend dictated the diary for the day. If she announced it was break it had to be break, if she was not happy because someone was ringing data she wanted to ring it would be taken of them. The office would be a success if spent more time with his staff training them rather than cuddling up to his girlfriend and asking for her permission if he could go for a cigarette or toilet break.
Pros
Close to the train station
Cons
People do as they please

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience, as we endeavor to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Kinex.

Unfairish sacking
Appointment setter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 March 2019
I got sacked after a couple of weeks for no sales, fair enough but I was only an appointment setter and I set the required appointments for the field Sales Agent to call in and do the selling so basically I got scaked because someone else can’t do the job they was employed to do. I’d think different if the sales was on my head but as I said, I was an appointment setter not a sales agent.
Pros
Ok place to work
Cons
The office I was at is full of kids on bumps

Hi,

We do wish you all the best for the future.

Avoid this company
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire15 March 2019
Avoid this company! They have a terrible work ethic. They advise you to lie to customers... all they want is sign ups. They will use you for however long it suits! Customers never end up saving any money, they are changing the rules daily. The office staff are changed weekly as they are sacked within the first 3 days. They want customers to sign up and not question their Bill's so they can over charge them.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We would like to confirm our aim is to always provide the best level of Customer Service.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and wish you every success in the future

Decent
Cold caller (Former Employee) –  Manchester13 March 2019
Lovely people just not a job I can get stuck into but luckily I didn't because I done 45 hours and got £110 from it but I think the person who went back to get the money that most of took it. Until my P-45 came though then said I got £328.36.
Pros
Amazing Team
Cons
The pay unless I was robbed pretty much.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We are pleased to hear you had such a positive working relationship with your team.

Worst company ever
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristoll12 March 2019
Was employed by kinex for 6 days in Bristol. There is no training and they literally hire anyone. You'll probably last a week tops before they make up some pathetic excuse to let you go. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB IF YOU HAVE FINANCIAL COMMITMENTS.
I made a complaint to the higher ups and the response i got, well a child could have written something more competent. Liars and scammers. Stay away.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, however we are sorry to hear of your negative experience.

We would like to confirm our aim is to always try to ensure that we provide sufficient and personalised training to assist all employees in achieving their sales targets. As well as 121s and coaching with their direct line-manager.

Good luck for the future.

Kinex

better off being a road sweeper
TELESALES (Former Employee) –  Birmingham11 March 2019
such a horrible place to work, they make it sound all nice when advertising the job and then when you actually start working here you realise that this company is a scam. They recruit anyone and everyone and don't care if you have sales experience or not but regardless, you will be sacked within 3 months, period. A lot of people don't even make it after their first week, and they do this because they make you work your bottom off and then sack you. They keep all your commission that YOU have made, but they lied to us on every payday and told us that we will get our commission on our next pay, so we could stay for the 3 month period. Every pay, we were getting under the basic salary they said we would get, bearing in mind making at least £700 commission within the 3 months and they took it all for themselves. One person worked so hard and earned £500 in one deal and they never seen more than £10 commission. The 3 months i was there they recruited around 40 people and in that time they ALL got sacked from their 1st week up until their 8th week. The management are unprofessional and topics would get out of hand. Some mornings they made us come in earlier than our 8:30 start by mentioning it in the work group chat the night before just for a stupid "important meeting" that was nothing but pointless and time wasting. One woman even walked out during her interview because she saw how unprofessional the management was. On your first day they put you straight onto the phones without training or help. It's not a team, it's independent work. They give you the same data they have been  more... calling for the past 5 years, so every owner gets annoyed because they've received 100 calls from kinex. They forced everyone to stand up for an hour most days for what? You finish at 6 even though most business' close at 5, and NO ONE gets an appointment ever, after 5!
I called in sick ONCE because i was very sick, and they told me "you have to come in otherwise don't bother coming back" so i was forced to come in, however that SAME day they allowed another person to call in sick and it was fine for them? nothing but fake, unprofessional and scammers this company. Even the "games" they made you play were rubbish and not motivational at all. They even collect everyone's phones off them at the start of the shift. How childish. If it wasn't for the other fun employees i wouldn't have stayed as long as i did. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME THIS IS A SCAMMING COMPANY.
Pros
the employees - if it wasn't for them i would have left in the second week
Cons
rubbish management, don't pay you, make you work so hard for such long hours for nothing

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, however we are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working at Kinex.

We are always looking at ways to improve. As such, we invite you to email our HR department (HR@Kinex.co.uk) to provide further details on the issues raised so we can investigate further.

We appreciate the feedback regarding the working hours - however, we do like to think we offer a good work/life balance as there are no awkward shift patterns, no weekend shifts, plus we are closed on Bank Holidays and over the festive period allowing staff that much needed social time with friends and family.

We try to ensure that we provide sufficient and personalised training to assist all employees in achieving their sales targets. As well as 121s and coaching with their direct line-manager.

Kind Regards,

Worst Company to Work with
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London7 March 2019
I joined last week. They advertise to give up to 6 appointments a day which is a complete lie and misleading. I worked for them for 5 days. 2 days only 2 appointments and 2 days no appointment was given and only 1 day 4 appointments were given where 2 owners were not even there.
Management is pathetic and extremely unhelpful.
Waste of time.
Pros
Cons
All lies

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are disappointed to hear of your negative experience whilst working with us, as we endeavor to ensure all our representatives have a positive experience when working at Kinex.

Awful place to work
Csa (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol4 March 2019
Worst job I have ever had. I quit after two days! Not professional, terrible training, childish behavior from management. Old data, no computers, just phoning people who are not interested as no one has heard of them.

New people every day
20 March 2019

Hi,

We try to ensure that we provide sufficient and personalised training to assist all employees, as well as 121s and coaching with their direct line-manager.

Kind Regards,
Kinex

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kinex. Our community is ready to answer.